5.0 out of 5 stars Best laptop for this price!
I was in the process of searching for a nice laptop on a budget, going from store to store, website to website, and then I found this deal.

An A10 processor, 6GB RAM, 1TB Hard Drive for $499? All the other laptops I found that had the same specs were $600+

Published 16 months ago by DoctorWho

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent for the price, but...
I like this computer. I've been using it for a couple of weeks with no *major* snags or problems, and for the price I paid ($500) it's a very good deal. There are, however, a few annoying minor issues I've encountered so far.
One thing is the battery and battery life. Obviously the battery doesn't last as long as the maker claims (that's kind of--sadly--to be...
Published 14 months ago by Melissa R

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Best laptop for this price!, August 14, 2013
This review is from: Lenovo G505s 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black) (Personal Computers)

So far, I've had the laptop for a week and I really love it. It is slim, the fan does not make any noise nor does it get hot, it is fast, and so far I haven't experienced any problems.

But if I do find any problems with this laptop in the next few months, I'll update this review...

Hope this helps! :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Machine for the Money!!, October 6, 2013
This review is from: Lenovo G505s 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black) (Personal Computers)
First of all I want to say that is an awesome little machine for the money. Like other people have stated the specs on this thing put it out in front of many of the other laptops on the market in this price range. I looked at a ton of different laptops before settling on this one. I agree with the windows 8 comment. The laptop hardware wise can keep up with it and it runs fine, however Windows 8 itself sucks with anything that doesn't have a touchscreen IMO. The OS is really meant for phones, tablets and laptops with a touchscreen. I still can't figure out what MS was thinking forcing this interface on users who are running desktops and non touchscreen devices. Scrolling sideways with a track pad is not very user friendly. I upgraded to 8.1 preview and although it helps a little it is still not a fun experience. That being said I wiped the laptop clean and installed Windows 7 Ultimate and Kali Linux in a dual boot configuration. If you plan on doing this, you will have to change some bios settings, but other than that it is pretty easy to accomplish. I have done some gaming on it and I was amazed how well everything played. Games like BF3, Crysis 2, Torchlight 2 all ran without a hitch and at good frame rates. The laptop does get a little toasty after long periods of time, mainly when gaming. I would recommend this machine to anyone who is on a budget and wants a fast and capable laptop.

5.0 out of 5 stars liked it so much, I bought a second one, September 16, 2013
This review is from: Lenovo G505s 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black) (Personal Computers)
hey folks, I consider myself fairly tech savvy (25 years in the IT business). The son's laptop died, so I started the search. This machine was SUCH a better machine then anything else I saw in this price range that I really thought Amazon must have been wrong. No other internet retailer had this laptop with the A10, a better/newer processor. And the machine comes with more RAM, and a larger hard drive that all of the comparable laptops.

Anyway, the laptop arrived, and it is a WONDERFUL machine and everything Amazon stated in their ad.

Yes, it is Windows 8, but get real folks, unless you want old hardware, anything new is going to come with Windows 8. Hopefully when 8.1 is released in October, Microsoft will have resolved some of the more annoying things about 8.

So, today, I ordered a second machine to replace the wife's old Dell.

P.S. Amazon, if you read this, please tell your packers to put some bubble wrap UNDER the laptop box as well as on top. The laptop box was directly against the bottom of the external shipping box. Fortunately, Lenovo's packaging was good enough to keep the machine safe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best laptop for its value, October 21, 2013
This review is from: Lenovo G505s 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black) (Personal Computers)
Honestly the greatest laptop I have owned in the last 7 years since my first laptop. The A10 processor breezes through what I do with ease. The graphics are amazing for the games I play on it (Mass effect 3, LoL, battlefield 4) and it runs most others with relative ease, granted some better than other.

The battery life tends to be a solid 5 hours, give or take usage, screen and sound are great considering the specs and price. Best webcam i've used on a laptop built in. Does get toasty when gaming, but I find taking the battery out while it is plugged in for gaming fixes that.

Windows 8, runs fine, 8.1 ran better. I know people have a hate for windows 8, but i love it.

I have only 2 complaints:

first is the hard drive, slow 5400 rpm, bad. but That is pretty common so its not a huge complaint, just something ill fix with an SSD in the future.

2nd is with microsoft, mostly due to them not really giving a proper tutorial on how to use windows 8. While I love windows 8, they did not make it easier for those not so tech savvy to grasp it quickly and typically will use it for a day, quit, and complain. Though once you get the hang of 8, it runs like a breeze and personally better than 7.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Laptop! You Will Love It!, December 23, 2013
This review is from: Lenovo G505s 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black) (Personal Computers)
This is a great laptop for the price.
When I started the search of a new computer I really wanted a good processor with a good graphic performance
I bought it for $499 in September so when I bought it is was just launched (practically) And you know the just launched products ever has problems, my problem was in the BIOS for some reason when I plugged in the computer to AC connector the speed of processor drop off dramatically (2.00Ghz-1.2Ghz) In first time the laptop disappointed me :( But I think "Lenovo must fix it, I'm sure is a BIOS or charger problem (And in fact it will)" I searched in Lenovo forums but a final solution, I really was desperate and decided to returned it to Amazon but was to late... In my wait of a solution I tried some games (Because I bought this laptop for playing occasionally) I played Call of Duty: Black Ops II And NFS Most Wanted And I should say! The Games run perfectly! No lags! I also tried the Wii emulator and works fine. The screen is not the best of the world but even is the worst! I can say the same of the speakers. You can free update it to Windows 8.1

After a Loooong time of waiting,(December 20) the solution was available, It was a simple update of the BIOS I updated it from V. 1.2 To 2.05 And it just take 4mins. And of course the problem is gone :D I was happy to cannot return it to Amazon because since the update the laptop works better.

I will gave you all the Windows experience index:

Processor AMD A10-5750M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics - 6.5
Memory (RAM) 6.00 GB - 7.2
Graphics AMD Radeon HD 8650G - 6.7
Gaming graphics 3175 MB Total available graphics memory - 6.7
Primary hard disk 718GB Free (892GB Total) - 5.9

If You see the Hard disk drive has the poor qualification, but 5.9 is not even terrible, another possibly reason of that punctuation could be that the "Hard disk power saver" was enabled. And of course if you want to speed up the computer you can change the unit for a SSD. Also the RAM can be upgraded to 16GB.

And this is the Graphics information:
Display adapter type AMD Radeon HD 8650G
Total available graphics memory 3175 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 768 MB
Shared system memory 2407 MB
Primary monitor resolution 1366x768
DirectX version DirectX 11 or better

This laptop fits all MY requirements with the stock hardware, I will use it to university next year and I'm very sure it will works perfect! (And also for playing games occasionally) I hope this review help someone! Thanks for reading and enjoy your laptop! (If you buy it) PD: I apologize if I had grammatical faults I'm not a native English speaker. Merry Christmas and Happy new year! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly a great laptop for this price!!, August 16, 2013
This review is from: Lenovo G505s 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black) (Personal Computers)
Purchased this laptop 2 weeks ago and no issues thus far. Took about 45 minutes to configure (windows updates and whatnot) and get the bloatware off, but everything has went well.

Pros:
- AMD's latest Quad Core Richland Mobile APU (A10-5750m with Radeon HD 8650G graphics)
- light gaming capability (So far I have only played Tera Rising, I average around 25 FPS on medium)
- Nice Cooling
- 6 GB Ram
- Bluetooth
- USB 3.0
- Low power consumption
- 1 TB Storage
- Barely any Bloatware
- PRICE!!
- Portable (Light weight and slim)

Cons:
- Non really, but I dislike Windows 8. Thinking about downgrading to 7.

Overall, I am happy with this laptop!

4.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied!, January 22, 2014
This review is from: Lenovo G505s 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black) (Personal Computers)
I got this laptop for my son and I am satisfied with it. Below is what I think are the pros and cons

Pros:

good processing power with A10 APU
15.6" screen size, somehow laptop screens feels bigger than what is mentioned.
Everything is customized for WIN8 environment.
Hard drive storage is impeccable

Cons:
Keyboard is worst. it feels cheap and i am sure willn't last longer than few months.
Caution for linux users. Stay away from AMD's APU. Driver support is unstable. Especially if you want to use hybrid switching of graphic cards.

Verdict:
My only apprehension about this product is its keyboard. That is one thing which I use all the time.
I am giving 4* for only reason that there doesn't stand good competitive products in this price range

4.0 out of 5 stars A lot of computer for the money!, November 23, 2013
This review is from: Lenovo G505s 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black) (Personal Computers)
I have had this laptop for about a month now and for the most part, I am very happy with it. My last two laptops were HPs and while I looked at quite a few of them, I kept coming back to this one as it was a lot of computer for the money.
Windows 8 took a bit of getting used to but I think anyone with a smartphone can get around Windows 8. The biggest thing was finding everyday work things that aren't where they are in Windows 7! But that is the OS, not the computer.
I like the bigger hard drive. While outside hard drives are commonplace and an easy storage solution, I live in a very small cottage and space is premium.
My biggest disappointment is the battery life. The product description says that this model has five hours of battery life. It doesn't. It barely has 3. That fact is the only thing keeping this from earning 5 stars.
Overall, though, I am quite happy with this laptop and would recommend it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT LAPTOP, October 22, 2013
This review is from: Lenovo G505s 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black) (Personal Computers)
I LOVE IT. THE DESIGN ITS VERY COOL, AND THE SPECIFICATIONS ARE GREAT. MAYBE WITH UBUNTU OR WIN7 WILL HAVE A BETTER PERFORMANCE

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT EVEN FOR INTENSE GAMING!, December 25, 2013
Alison A. Peruski (royal oak, mi. United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lenovo G505s 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black) (Personal Computers)
Hi, I got this computer for Christmas and I love it! it has a powerful processor and good graphics. I also have a flight simulator that is very hard to play even on a high performance MacBook pro, with only about 3 programs on this computer, it handles it with ease. I'd say it's about the best starter laptop you can get for the price.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Lenovo G505s 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black)
Out of stock