Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Lenovo G560 Series 067999U Laptop (Black)
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Showing 1-10 of 11 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on October 31, 2010
I'll keep this review short and sweet. This laptop is perfect for those looking to do every day tasks.

Pros:
1. Great price for performance. Although I upgraded the SSD, which made a significant improvement, even without the laptop is quick.
2. Easy to upgrade, if desired. Removing the back panel reveals the CPU and hard drive bay. Personally I had a 80GB SSD sitting around from my previous laptop so I replaced the 320GB HD with it. Huge improvement, instantaneous loading is FTW.
3. Good battery life. After a few discharges, I'm currently getting ~3 hours of battery life with non-intensive use.

Cons:
1. Headphone static when laptop is plugged in. Not overwhelming but clearly there. Seems to be a common issue with G560's.
2. Laptop charger cord is a little short. Another foot would have been much appreciated.
55 comments|25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 13, 2011
I've had my computer for less than a month. It has a really nice screen quality, the keyboard is comfortable, it processes quickly, the speakers are located on the top unlike my Samsung Netwbook so watching videos I hear more without my headhones. So what is the main drawback...this computer comes loaded with AD ware for lenovo. After about an hour or so, no matter what you are doing (one guy was in the middle of a presentation) it will pop up on your screen. And from what I've heard from other users it up dates with the regular Lenovo updates. I have found a couple of suggestions for removal/disabeling this but for the most part it seems nearly impossible. For the money I'm very happy with my computer, but I have to admit had someone told be before hand I might have went with the other company that was available to me at the time.
on December 29, 2010
I have had very good luck with this product, but with one exception.

When I tried to use TrueCrypt to encrypt the entire hard drive, it turned the laptop into a brick. The BIOS is not compatible. Fortunately, after much effort, I found a way to decrypt the drive using the rescue disk. It took almost a full day.

If you use TrueCrypt with this machine, only create encrypted folders. Do not try to encrypt the entire machine.
on January 23, 2012
Great computer for business. We give them to our service tech who are unbeleivably hard on laptops. These stand up to the beating, have decent performance and are cheap to replace if they really do a number on them. Decent screen too. They're truely awesome if you get one for around $300, which can be done.
on January 8, 2011
Machine is fast and convenient. Could be a little lighter and LCD a little sharper but at the price - it's a winner.
on November 29, 2012
I have to say, this is one impressive laptop. I have to say that this is a good buy if you want cheap. I had this laptop for at least 2 years and I had no problem at all.

Pros:
Camera, the camera is actually pretty clear on Skype
The keypad, not too small but small enough so that it feels like a regular laptop.
Battery Life, decent to get the job done, but not a lot.
A bit lighter than usual. I thought it was going to be heavy

Cons:
None so far.

Customer Service, I have to say Lenovo is impressive. Never had any issue with the laptop and lasted very long. I only called for one issue that I thought was related to the computer, in the end, it was my internet. This laptop works well. Nothing special, but works well. I had Dell and HP computers and nothing compares to Lenovo. Its a really good computer to use
on December 16, 2011
I purchased a Lenovo from a local (trusted) retailer on Nov 1, 2011. By December 14, 2011, the screen has no video. I cant see anything. It fires up, it lights up, all sounds appear to be working....but no video. I do not travel with this machine, or carry it around, it sits at home on my desk, pretty much 24-7. I propmtly called Lenovo and (luckily, since I've only had it for 44 days..) it's still under warranty. I packed it up and shipped it off to Texas to their repair center. They said 7 days repair time. I'll be happy if that's the case for repair, but the fact that this machine is so new, and it's had this kind of hardware problem, makes me wonder if I should have bought a better brand name laptop. So Im only giving them 2 stars right now. I'll follow up when I get it back on the customer service.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 21, 2011
I got this for my mom, who has been begging for a laptop for a while. I am a Mac girl myself, so I found it a little bewildering and difficult to use. But my son's guidance helped her and she loves it. Not everybody needs a souped up super machine- this one is good and cheap.
on October 4, 2011
if you do not need a professional notebook, this one is good choose for you. but if you need to run some software which need better hardware, please choose something else.
on July 19, 2011
La computadora es bastante buena para el precio que tiene, al verdad aquí en costa rica una computadora con esas características la venden con precios cercanos o incluso superiores a los $1000, hasta el momento no me ha defraudado, incluso puedo jugar Company of Heroes y Assassins Creed con buenas gráficas y sin problemas en ella. Claro esta que la computadora no podrá correr cualquier juego que desee y también esta el detalle que la batería se le acaba demasiado rápido, prácticamente debes mantenerla pegada a la pared. Pero en realidad si no se posee mucho dinero y no quieres comprar te una netbook o si no la quieres para jugar juegos de ultima generación y mas bien la quieres para realizar trabajos de la universidad o similar, la verdad esta computadora estará mas que suficiente para ello.