Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Beyonce Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on December 8, 2013
My 13 years old son loves this little desktop. It runs very quietly, has a very small footprint, 6 USB ports (2 being USB 3.0) and it comes with a 1TB disk, and the G3220 does a good job at running apps quickly (it is almost an i3 3rd Gen without the hyperthreading). The keyboard and mouse that came with it do the job.

As it is small, I don't expect to put much more in it. There is no space I could see for a 2nd HD. I have bumped the memory to 16GB (2 slots only so 2 x 8GB) and the H530s recognized as 1600MHz the 1600MHz UDIMM DDR3 PC3.12800 ram I installed instantly.

The next and last step is to put a better graphics card. The PSU and space will limit the choice. I ordered a HD7750 (the 7770 is nicer for little more but it requires more Watts). I will post back once I receive it and install it.

The integrated wireless works very well. I did not try the CD/DVD burner but I doubt it will surprise me.

For $258 (1 day special at Frys) + $100 of RAM (less when I sell the 4 GB that came with it) + $80 for the Graphics card (from Amazon), I cannot complain at all.
88 comments|12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 26, 2014
Easily the fastest computer I've ever owned. Usb 3.0 is blazing fast. As other reviewers have stated it is a very handsome, very small tower. I upgraded it with 8g of Kingston Value ram at 1600mhz.. Not a big deal but the computer is advertised as 1600mhz ram speed. Right away I installed CPUID and it showed the 4g the computer came with running at DDR3 1333mhz cl9. I thought that would change when I upgraded but it didn't. The board is running the new ram at 1333mhz. Nothing in the bios that I can change. At least it tightened the timings. If anybody else has seen this or fixed this please leave me a comment.

My only concern with the computer is apparently it only comes with a 180 watt psu. Because I wanted to add a video card I was concerned I'd max it out. Well I took care of that. I bought a Belkin watt usage meter here at Amazon. Man is this thing efficient. 20-23 watts idle and 40-42 watts under full load (prime95) and the dvd burner running. After much research my gpu of choice is the MSI Radeon R7 240 low profile purchased here also. Had to mod the backplate a little but it fit perfect in the case. Very easy install. Only sucks 40 watts max. Now back to the watt meter. 30-32 watts at idle and 50-55 watts under full load. I was amazed. This thing drains less power under full load than a 60 watt light bulb with the video card installed! This 180 watt psu is still barely working. Very happy. My video benchmark scores increased at least 5 fold.

Running an Acer 24 inch monitor with Amazons 6 foot hdmi cable at 1080p. Beautiful. I will be the first reviewer to say that I like windows 8. Extremely fast boot times and the upgrade to Windows 8.1 was painless. Easily switch to the classic Windows desktop. Happy with the purchase and would easily recommend at $378 with prime shipping. :)
on December 1, 2013
Don't understand all the negative reviews, fast computer, great processor speed, and tons of memory. Also a beautiful looking tower; don't know what else people expect at this price.
on January 28, 2014
Good computer for the low "Black Friday" price I paid. Runs fast, usb ports in the front are handy and I use the HDMI in the back. Comes with Windows 8 and I upgraded to Windows 8.1. Hated Windows 8.1 but I hated windows 8 even more. Purchased Windows 7, reformatted the drive and I now have a good Windows 7 PC. Windows 7 cost me $100.00 so the whole deal was not a bargain, but I am happy. Lenovo H530s 57321111 Desktop (Black) = 5 stars, Windows 8 & 8.1 = 1 star total average rating = 3 stars
on February 28, 2014
Bought for my sight impaired father to use. Windows 8 has some nice features built in to help him run it. Not a big power house, but don't need tons of memory. Works smoothly. Really no issues so far other than a very occasional lock up, and some of the features turn of when left in sleep mode, necessitating a restart. Minor issue all and all.
on December 11, 2013
We ordered 10 of these computers for a charity and today to turned on the first one, and it worked out great. So far, for the price this computer is just fine and I am tempted to buy them more. It was fast, and for email and basic MS Office functions worked out great. If you are not a hard core gamer and you just want a computer to work, this is a great way to go.

As we start putting them in production and using them more I will update this review.
on May 13, 2014
This is a very good replacement for my older HP small-sized desktop at a very reasonable price. Functioned right out of the box, no special expertise needed. Windows 8 did take a little getting used to, but overall I'm very happy with my purchase.
on December 17, 2013
A very nice computer. Love the compact size and the fact that it is very quiet. I am also evolving with regard to Windows 8. Started out as "the grumpy guy" missing Windows 7 but after installing the 8.1 update I'm starting to appreciate some of the new features.
on December 13, 2013
Up and running Windows 8 in no time flat. Everything works and no trouble adding on. Great for an old die-hard desktop computer guy like me.
on January 10, 2014
Purchased the H530s on December 8th, 2013. The integrated WiFi in the Lenovo 530s could not pick up a signal from my router located across the hall in the living room, 25-30 ft. away. After contemplating a return of the product, I decided to pick up a wireless adapter from Amazon. I selected the "Wireless Mini USB WiFi Wlan Adapter Network 5dBi Antenna Up to 300Mbps for Windows 8/ Win 7/ XP/ Vista" unit. It immediately came up with 5 bars on the signal. Since my two laptops and Kindle pick up signals in the same location as the H530s, I can only conclude that either I have a dud or that you should carefully consider your distance from the router when setting up, or, as I did, pick up the above mentioned USB WiFi adapter. Good Luck! Michael