Automotive Holiday Deals GG Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Get Ready for the Winter Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Outdoor Deals on Tikes

on March 8, 2013
For the price point this is an all around great desktop. The screen is bright and nice with great color, its relatively speedy for the price range, and comes in an attractive package. It looks and feels like it cost more than $500. My only complaint comes from working with windows 8, but that will be an issue with any new computer. It does what I need it to do, which is be a competent family computer.
99 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 27, 2013
Out of the box and set up in five minutes. 23 inch monitor is awesome. Windows 8 easy to learn .. lots of icons instead of lists .. probably to accommodate for touch screen capabilities. I just played around with the mouse and was pretty much comfortable with working my way around within 10 mins .. watch the video while your system is loading the initial files and you will see where to move the mouse to get around the system. the computer takes up so little space. I am 51 years old and the large screen is easy for my eyes. There are so many free programs to choose from for cooking and fitness and mediation and movies and on and on .. I LOVE this computer.
review image review image review image
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 10, 2013
While I was looking over previous reviews of this computer, I noticed that the bulk of the negative reviews had to do with Windows 8 and not the computer itself. The majority of them were about 4-6 months prior to when I was looking at them, so I decided to go ahead and make the purchase.

I love the reduction in space. No more tower. Just the monitor keyboard and mouse. The only wire (almost) is from the computer to the wall. My old PC had wires for the monitor to connect to the tower, a plug for the monitor, a plug for the tower, wires to the tower for speakers, and a power plug for the speakers. (I had upgraded to a wireless keyboard and mouse a while ago.) For some reason, Lenovo didn't give us a wireless keyboard and mouse I guess it just couldn't have been crammed into this price point, but it is a big blow to the overall enjoyability of the product.

I was debating between the 20 inch monitor and the 23 inch monitor, but cost (about a $75 difference) and availability of the 23 inch, made me go with the 20 inch. I couldn't be happier. I don't think that I could have fit the 23 inch on my desk! The 20 inch is a great size and the resolution is wonderful! We watch Youtube, have played pretty graphics intense video games like Batman Arkham Asylum, and viewed DVDs with no problem. I would have preferred a Blu-ray player, but again, the price point is probably too low for something like that.

It comes with a Terrabyte of memory. For those that don't know, that's 1000 gigabytes. That's a lot of memory! My old PC had 280 GB and I still had about 80 left when I purchased this computer. I had the old one for about 5 years. Unless you are planning on storing some crazy amount of huge files on your computer, there should be no need for any additional storage.

4 GB of RAM is sufficient to run most applications you will encounter. I have had slight issues with some skipping playing my aforementioned Batman game, but it's through Steam and I'm not sure if it's a memory issue, or an internet issue. it could also be a processor issue, but 1.8 GHz should be enough to run the game.

The overall look of the computer is great. It's very modern, stylish, and thoughtfully laid out. The DVD drive is hidden, there are 2 USB ports on the left side and 4 more on the back. It comes with a memory card reader, an HDMI out, and a Cat5 port. It's got a Wifi card in it already, so you don't really even need the Cat5 port unless you really want to have a wired connection.

As for Windows 8. So far, I have been able to run everything that I have needed to. There was a considerable sized update that loaded right after I set up the computer so I guess that fixed some of the issues that previous reviewers were having. The start screen seems to be a little redundant with the desktop, but for the most part it's similar to past versions of windows. I haven't been able to locate the calculator yet and that's a little irritating, but I probably could find it if I sat down and really tried to look for it.

I haven't had the internet connection problems previous users have mentioned, it boots up amazingly fast, and I'm running it on a horrible wifi connection and there is no noticeable slowdown in web browsing.

4 out of 5 stars for the computer. It's great overall, but the wires on the keyboard, the fact that there are 4 GB or RAM instead of 6, and the lack of a Blu-Ray player keep it from getting 5 stars. It would really be more like 4.5 stars, but Amazon won't let me do half star ratings.
on April 30, 2013
Great price point and set up was very easy. The 23' screen is awesome, really nice and big. Don't underestimate this desktop, fast machine for everyday personal/business use and windows 8 is easy to use. Liked it so much I'm going to buy another one. Very satisfied with my purchase.
on April 26, 2013
I bought this computer for basic personal home use - Photoshop/Scrapbooking, minor gaming, internet, google earth, iTunes, and possibly small business use down the road - I decided I had no desire for a touch screen, since I already own two iPads, and an iPhone, and I don't want to lift my arms up that high all the time.

Windows 8 is tolerable. I'm a Windows XP and W7 power-user for work - on my work laptop only though - and I don't think I would like W8 if I were needing it for work, but for home it's ok. I had to do some Google searches to figure out how to do some VERY basic things - like close a program :O

Set up was super easy! I appreciate that this PC was already loaded with Adobe Reader, McAfee, and some free games - plus a bunch of other things I doubt I'll use. I was able to install MS Office 2013, a "pre windows 8" version of Adobe Photoshop, a brand new Epson printer, and I moved my photos and music files over from my backup storage device without a single glitch. Unbelievable really!

The keyboard is nice. Very smooth - doesn't stick, and it's quiet. I don't care for the mouse though. It feels cheap - too lightweight - bounces around instead of staying put on the desk - and it's wired, so the cord gets in the way - why did I think I was getting wireless keyboard and mouse??. That's really my only complaint. I will likely purchase a nicer, wireless mouse if it continues to bug me, or not since my kids will be using this, and they tend to break mice anyhow...

The screen is beautiful. Crystal clear, bright colors, gentle on the eyes, and huge! I work on a 22" monitor regularly, but this seems more than just an inch bigger for some reason. The unit does make an odd noise - quiet, but constant rumbling sound when it's on. I liken it to the sound you hear when you put a sea shell to your ear. My 8 yr old said it sounded like water boiling in a pot on the stove...
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 19, 2013
Love this computer,so far easy to use,just need to get use to it,so much better than having a tower I would highly recommend this computer to anyone who wants a easy to use p.c.
on April 17, 2013
It takes up hardly any room and I went ahead and purchased a wireless mouse and keyboard for it too so it makes it even more convenient. Highly reccomend this product.
on March 29, 2013
Just take it out of the box and you dont even need a screwdrive too install the stand to the computer. Once windows is setup and using the wifi connection. it is fast. Bought the 23 in version because another brand with the 20 in was a little smaller than I liked and previous used. Wow this screen is huge on a computer table. Great product so far.
on May 3, 2013
I don't like windows 8 but the all in one Lenovo pc is great. I gave it 4 star because of windows 8
on August 1, 2013
The performance of the computer itself is actually impressive for it's size/low footprint, but if I had to suggest a change to Lenovo (as well as other OEMs) it would be this: quit with the pre-installed bloatware. I had to spend an hour just uninstalling all of the sluggish useless background applications that they insist on putting on my brand new computer. McAfee is the absolute worst, and completely unnecessary since Windows 8 has a very effective malware protection system already integrated (based off of Windows defender/MS security essentials).