5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent all in one touchscreen PC
I needed to replace my bootcamped Mac Mini/ 27 Apple Display with a PC product and set this up yesterday

I love it! it even looks like an Apple display and the adjustable stand is neat once you figure out how to adjust it.

It is fast, quiet (there is a fan in the base) and the touchscreen feature is neat.

It comes with RF keyboard & mouse...
Published on July 12, 2012 by mark rubin

Published 27 days ago by donald Koelpin

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent all in one touchscreen PC, July 12, 2012
This review is from: Lenovo IdeaCentre A720 25642FU 27-Inch Desktop (Brushed Aluminum) (Personal Computers)

It comes with RF keyboard & mouse with a USB receiver (you can use either the mouse and keyboard or the touchscreen or both)

also comes with IR remote and USB receiver

Only downside so far is not enough USB ports: since the mouse/ keyboard and remote use up 2 USB ports

I intend to add to this review as I spend more time with the PC: so far this seems to be a real winner

TV Tuner: set this up in WIN Media Center: Live TV: you need to scan channels first

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Computer!, August 6, 2012
William C. Bobrowski (Marblehead, MA United States) - See all my reviews
Awesome! Great speed. Easy to setup, although a bit heavy. The best part is the Windows Media Center
on 27 inches of close up high definition. And matched with the Bose companion 5, and a Memorex
Blu Ray burner with USB 3.0... Oh yeah!...The TV tuner works great. All kinds of audio/video multitasking
is a snap. The Touch Screen is tons of fun for games. Unless you really need a laptop...this is the way to go!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lenovo A720, September 11, 2012
Came to me in perfect condition. Awsome resolution and durable product. The entire computer is made out of Aluminum, not plastic. The screen is rigid, not flimsy plastic like that on other touchscreens. I have found it to be really fast and reliable. The included software has soft good apps. I used lenovo customer support to purchase a backup CD, they were really useful and committed. Overall, best computer I have ever seen or used. It also has HDMI output, meaning it can be connected to a large tv and the touch function will still work while being displayed on a large screen. Amazon is a seller of this computer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Computer, October 15, 2013
Bought this computer recently.
First thing I did with it was install windows 8 because it is touch screen after all.
I have the version with the Intel i7 and blu ray drive and when you upgrade to windows 8 be warned the provided blu ray software is for windows 7 so you must buy a new software to play blu rays. Doesn't impact me since I watch my movies on my TV.
Computer runs windows 8 great and very smoothly!
I used Driver booster by Iobit to upgrade all my drivers to be compatible after the upgrade and haven't had an issue at all.
Touch screen is fantastic and the screen in general is very bright and great to look at.
I enjoy the ability to move the display easily and being able to make it flat is a neat feature.
I unlike most people love windows 8 and find it very easy to use and if you learn a few keyboard shortcuts its fantastic.
Every program I use so far runs great including Visual Studio.
I added a secondary monitor with a USB to DVI cable and works very good surprisingly.
Something I found to like is how quiet this machine runs compared to my old desktops. I can only hear it if I put my ear rather close to the base or when it initially spins a CD.

Things to note -
This is a AIO so only a few USB ports ( they do have some 3.0 one though and I use a USB Hub for extra ports)
Don't expect it to run top of line games but it does include and actual Nvidia dedicated graphics unlike most AIO
Speakers are OK for general use but you will want to add some external ones if you like loudness
TV tuner may not be working on Windows 8 as I can't tell if driver works. ( I don't watch TV really so haven't played with it)
Does actually have a memory card slot ( Suprised me for a AIO)

I don't think anyone could be disappointed with this machine really.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnificent!, March 8, 2013
The remote control is a nice addition and, while the buttons are a little plasticky, it's quite good for flicking through music or other media.
The screen has a Full HD resolution, so you can play back Blu-ray discs at the resolution that was intended, as well as take advantage of the great graphics in the very latest games. The display features something that Lenovo calls a Dynamic Brightness System - essentially providing protection for your eyes by automatically adjusting screen brightness based on the ambient light conditions.
An alert will also tell you if you're too close to the screen - something that can be a problem with large touch-screens.

This is the best computer for graphics, movies and quality...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Computer, October 28, 2012
I love this computer. It fits my needs like a ring to a finger. The touch screen, the size, the speed, the memory storage, the features, are all amazing. The only complain that I would have about it, is that three of the 4 USB ports are locate at the back of the computer rather than on the left side of the base like the HDMI outputs and the 4th USB port. Also the fact that the headphone jack is located on the back is a bit of a bummer specially if your head set cable is short, but this is a minor technicality. I rather would have preferred it on the side or the front of the base. Other than that, the computer is quiet, quick and I love my big touch screen. A small glitch that I had at the beginning when I go it was that my wireless internet connection kept disconnecting and the computer kept saying there was no available internet connections, when in deed there was and all my other peripherals were connected and working fine. However this glitch seems to have disappeared and I no longer have that issue. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a large touch screen monitor, all-in-one computer with lots of storage and speed and who heavily uses it for video watching, internet surfing, music playing and picture editing. I'm not a big computer gamer (for that I use my PS3 or Xbox360) but I'm sure that this computer would also be awesome for gaming, if you are into it. The computer comes with quite a few touch screen games, such as Angry Birds and Fruit Ninja.

1.0 out of 5 stars I strongly suggest you not get sucked into the sleek design and stay away, November 20, 2014
Every single time there is a Windows update, some settings become changed or altered. Every single time there is an update, the brightness also goes to the lowest setting on auto and will not change. I have disabled adaptive-brightness, and there is nothing blocking the camera. I really wanted to punch the screen today and came here to write a review instead. I have also had the hard-drive fail and replaced on warranty. The replacement hard drive has begun to make a low hum, which is concerning. Oh - the wireless keyboard also failed. While Lenovo was very responsive, they didnt even ask for the failed keyboard back, telling me that this must be a common issue people are having. I have barely had this thing 6 months and its been nothing but a headache. I strongly suggest you not get sucked into the sleek design and stay away.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Computer, February 19, 2014
After months of searching for a computer I finally found one . I love the touchscreen and I LOVE that it is quiet. Ive had the computer since about December of 2013 Its great .

4.0 out of 5 stars Great PC with minor issue., April 20, 2013
I loved this when I got it and when I upgraded to Windows 8 it worked flawlessly for the most part. Lenovo is not quick to upgrade their drivers on the hardware supplied from other manufacturers that are from China. My built in camera was great at first but failed in Windows 8. Driver upgrades (not on the Lenovo site) fixed it at first then it failed again. A tech came and replaced it and it worked great for a month. The new one failed also. I am still in warranty but they said I would need to upgrade to a premium support to get it replaced the second time. It would be cheaper to buy a replacement with American support than upgrading to their premium support. I'm not impressed with their support.

2.0 out of 5 stars A win 8 all in one that doesn't do win 8, December 21, 2012
The A720 is a beautiful machine that doesn't run win 8. Even today, two months after the official launch of win 8, Lenovo doesn't have the right drivers for this all in one that it marketed as the perfect win 8 computer. I'm not only upset, I'm thoroughly disappointed. I'm a Lenovo user by default. Since my company issues T21, I'm on my fourth Thinkpad. My current X61 is three years old and was purchased when Lenovo had just purchased the PC business from IBM. Lenovo service has been subpar IMO but the computer was still good. Now comes this abomination.

I purchased the A720 just before the official launch of win 8 with the expectation that this A720 would be just as Lenovo had suggested it to be, the perfect win 8 all in one. Win 8 beta had been available for at least a year and the official launch version should have been tested on the A720 well before the launch date. Kinetic scrolling, the foundation of touch interfaces, doesn't work. Multitouch in many applications don't work. The volume buttons on the screen do not work. TV Tuner doesn't work. Bluetooth is intermittent. Some basic win 8 functionality just doesn't work. All in all, what a POS. I could've bought a much cheaper all in one that runs win 8 perfectly. Instead I shelled out $2000 for this outwardly updated inwardly antiquated POS.

Now... as a win 7 machine it is fine. But that is the not the reason I purchased this machine.

Conclusion - I have lost all faith in Lenovo. I'm hurting from the poor service for my X61 (replacing the entire cooling system and absolutely abysmal service from lenovo) and now this dishonest marketing and ensuing poor support of a FLAGSHIP product. If you get this computer, get it as a win 7 device (sub $1000) and you'll be happy.

I was looking at the X1 Carbon, waiting for the Thinkpad Tablet 2 but now my faith in this company is gone. IBM was the pinnacle of business machines, Lenovo has now taken that premium and squeezed the life out of it. I'll miss the accupoint (AKA eraser, nipple) but I'll be so much happier knowing that I'm not supporting a company that doesn't support its customers.