4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Desktop with a moderately fast processor
Published 11 months ago by Poppa

2.0 out of 5 stars Computer
Missing a bunch of stuff. Too small power supply. Not enough USB ports. Video not sufficient for streaming. Returned for credit.
Published 7 months ago by Older Show

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Desktop with a moderately fast processor, September 4, 2013
This review is from: Lenovo IdeaCentre H520 Desktop (Black) (Personal Computers)
I bought this machine for my grandson from Amazon, LLC. So far I like most everything about the computer, it has windows 8 which should be fine when the update comes out the end of this month. There is limited bloatware on this machine which I removed. It has McAfee which I removed and then turned on windows defender much better and free. The thing was that while the box was sealed by Lenovo when I opened the box you could tell it was a re-seal. When trying to register the computer with Lenovo a box popped up and said the machine was already registered to someone else. It did give me an option to override and register to me. The machine looks brand new so here is hoping its not a refurbished one they sold to me and that it was just a re-stock.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good machine for the price, December 26, 2013
I bought this PC during a Black Friday sale in 2013. I am overall very satisfied with this purchase, I was skeptical at first because I was not familiar with anything Lenovo ever made.

The startup process didn't take very long. It came with Windows 8 and this was also the first time I have ever used it, however I found it very easy to remove all the bloatware from the computer. There is absolutely no lag with the operating system, browsing the interface is extremely fluid. I was able to perform some decent gaming, even with just the Intel HD graphics. I bought a graphics card and the computer recognized it immediately.

The entire set came with a Lenovo keyboard and mouse, both which worked perfectly fine for being entry level accessories (I included my own after some time).

Please note that this desktop does not come with an internal WiFi card. This still however was an easy fix as I got a USB one.

I would also like to point out that this desktop does not even warm up, it has so far always been cold to the touch even while gaming. The entire unit is extremely quiet.

This has certainly been a great purchase, especially because I got this item on sale. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a solid desktop - the i5 gets things done and the graphics are easy to upgrade.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Computer - So Far, September 24, 2013
Gayle (Tallahassee) - See all my reviews
It is fast and seems reliable. I HATE Windows 8 and the Lenovo software can be annoying. I'll tell you more in a few months after I've figured out all of the quirks better and had it long enough to give it a decent review. .

5.0 out of 5 stars Good computer, September 15, 2013
This computer is perfect for my needs and the price was right. Could not find a better deal for the same computer on line or on sale in any local store.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome PC, would recommend, December 4, 2013
Lee (Indiana, USA) - See all my reviews
This computer is an awesome PC. It's blazing fast and even though it has integrated graphics it's very clear and responsive. I play Minecraft and do quite a bit of video editing. On my old Core i3 PC it lagged when ever I did either task but on this computer it doesn't skip a beat. Video rendering time is amazing compared to my old PC. I would recommend this computer.

2.0 out of 5 stars Computer, December 24, 2013
Older Show "Rivercityjack" (Quad Cities Illinois Side) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars my CPU, February 3, 2014
Its great 8gs of ram and a terabyte of hard drive. An I like the way the cd drawer opens. I bought this a few months ago. The only thing that bothers me is the clock. I haven't looked yet to see if their is a battery on the motherboard, but about every other day or so Time is off sometimes 1hr and some times over 2hrs. but before I look inside I will call someone from Lenovo. cause I did buy the insurance for 2 years.

5.0 out of 5 stars I very nice amount of computing power for the money, February 3, 2014
We have been very pleased with this computer. As average home users who use a lot of photo editing software, this computer more than meets our needs and fit nicely into our budget.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, February 2, 2014
I was in need of a new computer for a long time. My son, who has been my computer expert for a long time, has since moved a long way away. I kept my old computer because I was fearful that I wouldn't be able to handle another one without his help. He recommended this computer if I was going to get a desktop and it has worked flawlessly since day one. I comes with many apps, some of which I have removed (it was easy) and others that are very useful. So If I can handle and adapt to this computer without help, believe me, anyone can!! Fast and easy. Thanks.!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid computer, really fast., March 3, 2014
Very happy with this model. It runs my software quickly and now that I'm getting used to working with Windows 8, I really like this and its speed. It really has everything you need to work on the Internet, or edit home movies which I do most often. It processes really fast and unlike my old computer, doesn't freeze. A good value.

Lenovo IdeaCentre H520 Desktop (Black)
$599.99 $579.95