4.0 out of 5 stars Mixed Bag
Good- Nice clean IPS display, light weight and about 8hrs of battery life.

Bad- Windows 8 desktop is still hard to navigate on touch. Still could be in a smaller form factor. Out of the box the desktop won't move due to windows 8 areo weighing the system down. That's the minus one star.

Atom is a good processor, but windows will weigh it down to a...
Published 16 months ago by Me2

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware!
TecMonkey does not stand behind their products and it they fail past 30 days - there is no recourse. Purchased two Lenova desktops, the monitor went out after 90 days and they refused an solution.
Published 7 months ago by Robert H. Kurz

4.0 out of 5 stars Mixed Bag, August 8, 2013
This review is from: Lenovo IdeaPad Miix 10.1-Inch 64GB Tablet (Silver) (Personal Computers)
Good- Nice clean IPS display, light weight and about 8hrs of battery life.

Atom is a good processor, but windows will weigh it down to a crawl. After, I disabled the visual effects the system ran just fine. Most users don't want to deal with this hassle and expect it to run smooth out of the box and they should!!

This tablet can run lightroom v4 and elements 11 at decent speeds. I was surprised and pleased with that, but that was only after I disabled the (areo) visual effect in windows.

I bought this for my windows programs and I can do real work on this system.

The system is about 3 times faster than my acer w500 which couldn't run elements.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product - Tablet with Laptop options, August 2, 2013
Its a good buy. Cool Tablet and allows many Windows 8 functions that regular lapop provides.
I was able to run citrix client to remote access my office desktop.

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware!, May 8, 2014
Robert H. Kurz (Albuquerque, NM, US) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as many pros as cons..., January 14, 2014
This tablet was purchased as a gift for my grandfather. He has good familiarity with touch screens but wanted a Windows-based tablet rather than an iPad to use a few different programs for his business. He uses it primarily for an on-the-road tablet.

Pros:
Long battery life. Usually lasts about 6-8 hours.
The display is bright.
I like the keyboard/case combination.
You can up the RAM to make it run faster.
You can switch from Windows 8 to an actual Windows 7 Desktop (by far the best feature).

Cons:
Screen lag is very noticeable when you switch from using this tablet to an iPad.
The tablet seems to run slowly at times.
Windows 8 is clunky and not my cup of tea. I may like it on a desktop, but it is difficult to navigate via touch screen (despite that being the purpose behind Windows 8...)
Booting up often takes several minutes.
Applications often load slowly.

After having this for a month or so, my grandfather wanted to sell it and get an iPad, saying he would rather do his other work on his desktop computer as this tablet runs extremely slow. Unfortunately, after several attempts to sell on eBay, no one is even interested in buying it. Avoid this tablet and keep on searching!

2.0 out of 5 stars Occasional Malfunctioning, Slow., October 26, 2014
Arman (Vancouver, BC Canada) - See all my reviews
I purchased this tablet for productivity about 6 month ago, here is my impression:

Major problems:
- It constantly malfunctions, wireless doesn't work and need rebooting, and most annoying is the touchscreen not working.
- The tablet's keyboard cover causes it to wake up from sleep mode while I carry it around, makes it heat up in my backpack, and battery drains.

Solely for the reasons above I regret buying this tablet and would not recommend it to anyone.

Perhaps the only good thing about it is that it is light and very portable. It comes with a great keyboard and if you get it on sale for less than 250$, it might be something you would want to consider like me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tablet! Gets so much done and browses on the fly!, March 13, 2014
I love how quick the tablet is and the touchscreen is so responsive!
The processor is wicked fast and this gets everything that I want done and runs great when I am on the web.
Plenty of storage and the battery lasts for much longer than I imagined.
Would recommend this to others!

2.0 out of 5 stars Slow, February 18, 2014
The tablet ran very slow and had issues with wifi. Called Lenovo support and they were jot very helpful, not worth the speed issues.

4.0 out of 5 stars a few changes & you will Love it, March 12, 2014
I have had since Dec 2013. Regarding the slowness issue, this shipped with McAfee or Norton (I don't remember which) suite. Uninstall this. Windows 8 includes it's own antivirus. update to Windows 8.1. If you didn't get a keyboard case with the computer get one and a bluetooth mouse.

Removing the duplicate anti-virus and installing windows 8.1 will greatly improve your speed. This is still a tablet, not a gaming machine, but for normal business functions, it now makes a wonderful road computer. If you want to read a book, or other tablet friendly functions, it will work great. The windows app store is quite lacking compared to the android store, but if you want real windows functions, in a very portable format, Enjoy. This model has now been replaced, so this is just an attempt to set the record straight on what I believe to be a nice machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars got it as a X-mass gift, December 26, 2013
At first i thought the Intel Atom was going to be slow, but it isn't. I use this tablet at work for RDC and on the road for problems. its much nicer than taking my massive laptop around. when i got mine i took all the ad on off and only loaded my things. works great but remember its not a beast. its a tablet. for what it is i couldn't be happier

4.0 out of 5 stars my wife n kid hated it until I removed the default tiles and put ..., October 18, 2014
speakers crackle with too much bass or volume. if you run battery dead it throws a BIOS fault upon startup which can be scary first time. the primary reason I wanted a full featured windows OS is to be able to copy/install files directly from network. u can stream movies/music off network at home or copy them over for road trips. the number of games/apps in the windows store is increasing by the day. they are largely time wasters of course, but also a ton of learning games for the kids. my wife n kid hated it until I removed the default tiles and put only tiles on start screen that they actually use and showed them how to set the background to a custom picture. they were blown away when I showed them what it was capable of and now they love it.

Lenovo IdeaPad Miix 10.1-Inch 64GB Tablet (Silver)
$449.99 $301.99