Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on March 6, 2014
Pros: sexy, runs any game exceptionally on high settings.
cons: 2 hours battery life fully charged, windows 8, consider buying a mouse, and if running something like Bio-shock Infinite of ultra you may want to consider a cooling pad because an extended period of play with bring your laptop to high temp level that can be bad.
on March 8, 2014
Pros
1920x1080 resolution. But - be sure to change dpi scaling in windows settings, it defaults to 125% and text appears blurred unless you change it to 100%.

The speakers are really good, but the headphone jack seems a bit underpowered. I might invest in a small usb soundcard dongle.

Great keyboard, very firm and responsive with the most impressive backlighting I've seen in a while. But, the right shift key is very undersized and I've accidentally hit another key instead many times. I'm a fast typist at roughly 100wpm and I have to pause to make sure I'm hitting the right key.

The touchpad is more or less fine. This was the thing I was worried about the most, but I've had no issues. It's just like a mac one.

Cons

There is a lot of bloatware. And it was a pain to remove. For instance, McAfee sticks around even after you uninstall it - you have to use mcafee cleaner. Same with the cyberlink stuff - use the cleaners available on their site. I'm technically inclined as most gamers are, so it shouldn't be a real problem, and it does make this laptop cheaper - but be aware.

I also had a weird instance after initial boot where my screen went completely blank - not black - the shade of purple windows 8 uses, but with no tiles or anything. I did a system restore and everything was fine, but it was an annoying software glitch.

When I'm typing on my desk, the edges where I rest my forearms are sharp, and it's a pain. Really, it's actually painful.

The webcam isn't worth anything in below broad daylight. It's a mess of noise and darkness, unfortunately.

Overall, great laptop, solid purchase, but a few flaws.
on May 3, 2014
One thing about this rig is that it really gets hot, particularly at the side vent. Other than that it plays games flawlessly like Mass Effect trilogy.
on May 28, 2014
nothing to complain. The laptop looks nice, strong core and graphics card. The only thing that not as good is the mouse pad.
on May 4, 2014
title says it all. best i could get for gaming in that price range. I love all other aspects and use a mouse anyways
on June 13, 2014
I bought this for my son who wanted a laptop for gaming. he loves it. it was very well priced.
on May 27, 2014
I searched for months trying to find a laptop to take with me on business trips. I am a casual gamer and being gone from my desk top for 3 nights a week wasn't cutting it. I finally found a laptop (this laptop) that had 2 dedicated graphics cards, an SSD/HDD for quick boot times/enough space, 15" 1920x1080 resolution, and an alright processor..... all for $900. You can't beat the performance at this sub-$1,000 price point. Take it from the guy that checked forums for ~45 days that this is the best deal you're going to find anytime soon.
on July 10, 2014
Awesome
on September 6, 2014
i liked this computer a lot at first, Than it started blue screening every day I reformatted it and it changed nothing, please do not waste any money on this. Its been less than six months and I am now making my own computer.
on May 3, 2014
This laptop has dual graphics cards, and so far is playing any game that I can throw at it.

A beautiful led backlit screen, that is far better than any laptop screen that I have used to date.

Pros:
Plays games well with the latest drivers installed
The Seagate hybrid drive is surprisingly fast
Reasonable amount of upgradeability
Excellent build quality
Fantastic monitor
Excellent value
Cons:
Useless trackpad
finicky wi-fi adapter