Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on April 5, 2013
I received this laptop in November as a gift. My wife bought it from Lenovo directly. We now have two Lenovo laptops in our house with zero complaints. For the price, this is a great deal. It has a 1TB hard drive with 6GB DDR3 RAM. It loads faster than any of my other computers and has more memory than I could need. It also has 2 USB 3.0 ports for fast transfer speeds and 2 USB 2.0 ports. The speakers sound as good as you can ask for from a laptop. We paid a little extra through Lenovo for a built in card reader, which is very useful for transferring picture and video files easily, but an external reader works well too. The DVD drive works well, but the open button is a little difficult to find by feel since it is flush with the drive. The metal case looks sharp and is well built. Overall, I have no complaints about Lenovo. I have had 1 Lenovo for 2 years and this one for 6 months with not so much as a hiccup.

Note on Windows 8. I hated it so much I almost paid to put Windows 7 back on this computer. The biggest frustration was every time I touched the touchpad, the ridiculous "Charms Bar" would pop up along with a gigantic clock. It drove me insane. Lenovo support and their software support told me there was no way to get rid of it. Blogs said to mess with the registry files which scared me as I'm not a computer guy. I finally just disabled the installed touchpad in the control panel. It reverted to the basic touchpad functions without all the "intelligent" options. Now it works great and I no longer want to throw my computer across the room. I don't really use any of the Windows 8 features and I just use the old desktop format that I'm familiar with. Hope this helps.
44 comments29 of 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 22, 2013
Works well, handle tasks thrown at it, nice design, good battery life. Would recommend this to anyone looking to use it as a student or for small business, who also wants a machine to handle multimedia without any lags.
on July 17, 2013
Just started my own business and needed an affordable laptop that was powerful enough to handle my applications. This works great and even has a 10 key on it which I need. Not sure about Windows 8 yet, but the computer works great.
on May 3, 2013
Only negative is lack of backlit keyboard. Touchpad seems too far left. Nice finish, Excellent value, considering my processing and speed needs
on June 25, 2013
The computer is fairly fast, has a good sound system, solid keyboard & keys. Doesn't get hot fast. Nice screen appearance.
VINE VOICEon April 18, 2014
I like this computer very much . I store tons of high resolution photos on this computer, but it handles it well without slowing the speed, which, by the way, is phenomenal for Web browsing. I love the sturdy feel of the keys--just the feel I prefer. It also has a great sound system. I actually don't use the sounds system often, but my son comments on it frequently as he uses his computer for music.

There are two features which are not deal breakers, but which I wish I could tweak a little. 1) The battery life is not that long--90 minutes max. 2) The touch pad is hyper sensitive. I am frequently accidentally navigating somewhere I didn't intend to go. I'm also wishing for a touch screen these days, but this computer did not pretend to offer that feature.
on January 17, 2014
This laptop can't handle very much. Try to run more than one thing at a time and it slows to a crawl. I know it's not the most powerful laptop and it's priced pretty low, but for 6GB of RAM I would expect it to perform better. I've had other laptops with similar specs that didn't have the same issues.
on March 18, 2015
I used this laptop for a year and a half, and now its used to link to my security cameras.

Great for gameing, for the price, but some rigging could always help.

Very lightweight, all around laptop.
on February 25, 2014
The touchpad seems to be off sync, other than that it's great for gaming, tried it on StarCraft 2 graphics on HIGH it run smooth.
on October 7, 2013
I like the computer but not Windows 8! Wish it had Office installed as well. That is it for now.