5.0 out of 5 stars A great Ideapad for Z money
Published on May 19, 2012 by Ash Nazg

3.0 out of 5 stars Good price for an okay laptop
The laptop is okay. Drivers are way out of date and you need to mess around with the gpu driver a good bit to get semi-decent performance. The graphics switching is a pain. I recommend disabling it. Also the lights on the laptop do not turn off and can be an annoyance when watching movies/tv on it. Otherwise it is a solid device at a decent price. Still probably not worth...
Published 15 months ago by tablo

5.0 out of 5 stars A great Ideapad for Z money, May 19, 2012
Ash Nazg (Notre Dame, IN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lenovo Ideapad Z575 12992DU 15.6-Inch Laptop (Gun Metal Grey) (Personal Computers)
Bought this AMD-based Ideapad because it seemed that folks thought its Intel counterpart was problematic. I'm not the least bit disappointed. I needed a basic laptop with moderate horsepower. I replaced the OS with my copy of Windows 7 Pro and it's a fairly fast machine, I won't need more than its 4GB of RAM or an SSD drive. I use a fast 32GB SD card for Microsoft's ReadyBoost feature but I'm not sure this laptop even needs that. I use it mostly for web surfing and remote sessions to my more powerful computers downstairs, but like to watch videos every now and then too. As many have noted, the sound is adequate but could be improved, however I'm hard of hearing and usually use headphones anyway. The touchpad is textured but it's not distracting, and it's positive and accurate. I do miss a middle button -- this rig has a single button bar below the touchpad that acts sort of like a rocker for right and left clicks. Seems strange but it works fine. Very minor complaints for an otherwise excellent computer, I certainly think my money was well-spent.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value! Real beefy laptop at a great price!, May 21, 2012
The laptop came ready to go out of the box but not before I replaced the existing 4 GB ram with an 8 GB set. It comes loaded with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit and I was also delighted to find out that there wasn't much bloatware but definitely enough to warrant a clean wipe. I then installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. It handles basics tasks without breaking a sweat and can even run many current games, like Diablo 3 and Star Wars: The Old Republic, at mid to high advanced settings with a maximum resolution of 1366x768.

Current Windows Experience Index:

Processor: 6.7
RAM: 7.3 (@ 8 GB)
Graphics: 5.9
Gaming Graphics: 6.5
Primary HD: 7.1

It's very lightweight for its size and seems sturdy enough, although I'd feel safer with it in a case even when at home. The attractive gun metal grey finish rounds out a great package. Definitely a great buy for a mid level entertainment laptop if you're looking for one at a sub-$500 price range.

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY THIS LAPTOP ..GREAT VALUE AND FANTASTIC PERFORMANCE!!!, June 18, 2012
High Performance and best value all in one on this Lenovo Z575 Laptop. MUST HAVE laptop for under $500 with great graphics HD card that handles most games new on the market! Does DVD Burning in minutes not hours!!! Great energy management system and boot optimization software!! Key board and lights are outstanding! So far this Lenovo Z575 exceeds all my expectations! You will be satisfied with the performance of this Lenovo laptop. Recommended!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gaming laptop!, June 14, 2012
This PC plays Max Payne 3 at 1336x768(high) with normal settings(such as texture quality) on, and Skyrim plays at high smoothly and ultra at a mostly playable framerate! Im amazed considering how cheap this laptop is! I played the games as vannila as the computer was out of the box, so no overclocking, modding, etc. The fans do a great job, keeping the computer at a just below warm temperature when gaming, and cool when browsing/ doing light loads on cpu. Don't let the 1.5 ghz scare ya, you can still overclock since the computer came unlocked. Laptop came 1 day early, Monday, when it was supposed to come Tuesday. Amazons shipping is great, fast, and efficient. I highly recommend it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice machine, October 21, 2013
Psy Atty (Miami, Florida) - See all my reviews
Got this used for $300 on ebay about 6 months ago. Upgraded to 8 gig ram. Runs fine. Can play World of Tanks online. Has about 2 hours of battery life. Two minor problems. When I unplug the ac, the laptop many times freezes. Also many times the laptop does not turn off when I try to shut it down, and I have to be careful to not "hotbox" it. However, just holding down the on button will do a force shutdown.

5.0 out of 5 stars good buy, nice laptop, February 17, 2013
I bought this for my husband, and he loves it
the size, weight, style, and function are great
one annoying thing so far -
but doesn't bother my husband is the mouse/finger pad thingy has nubs on it and often when I use it, it won't move the cursor around, but will increase or decrease the view on the computer - I don't know if this is because I have small fingers or what - it's so annoying I don't bother use his laptop much

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Price Great Laptop, May 23, 2013
This isnt your top notch laptop for gaming or anything but this laptop is for every day use which what I attend to use it for

5.0 out of 5 stars I play games on it, September 26, 2014
Great as everyone says. It is a bit heavy but I already knew that based on the description and its no problem for me. I bought this laptop for general use but so far I've downloaded and play many mmo games on it. It works great so far - I've had it a bit over a week. There wasn't any or much junk programs pre-installed either. If anything does come up, I'll update this review. Thank you Lenovo and Amazon for a good deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars I really like this laptop., January 3, 2013
I'm very happy with this purchase. The one thing I'm not completely satisfied with is its weight; it seems a bit heavy to me when I have to tote it, but that's a very minor issue, really a nitpick. Overall a good laptop at a reasonable price.

5.0 out of 5 stars What an upgrade., November 13, 2012
I replaced my old Samsung with this Lenovo, and I love everything about it. I'm running window 8 pro, and it works great. I won't go all technical because I'd imagine someone already did; but the simple things like having volume controls above the keyboard. Not to mention the mute button for those YouTube vids with bad sound etc... it's got 5 rubber stands on the bottom so your computers isn't scraping along the surface. The exhaust fan is much better than Samsung it's not continually running nor getting really hot. The keyboard keys are way better looking, and feeling. The mouse pad, or what ever, has a rubber grip texture instead of a smooth plastic feel which is way better for scrolling the courser. The buttons at the top of the keyboard have a soft light so it's easy to see in the dark. The power cord is much lighter than my Samsung. In fact the whole unit is lighter than my old laptop, and the screen is thinner than my Samsung. The speakers are small and on the left and right sides of the laptop, and the bass boost is a great improvement over my old. The gun metal is great it has a nice silver tint in the light. I don't know if it's because it's new, but the performance is way better, and it's not loaded with junk you have to remove. So I'd say it's the best PC I've owned.