Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Lenovo K330 77274HU Desktop (Black)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on July 21, 2011
I purchased this PC not sure what I was going to get... but it had the main things I was looking for which is RAM and the i7 processor. Since receiving and using the PC I'm more than happy with it. It's absolutely silent and performs well.

It does have some room for expansion however you might need a bigger power supply. There are two slots for PCI express cards so you could run a Crossfire or SLI setup... room for one more HD and a second Bay for DVD or similar.

It comes with IBM storage software which is very nice and would make setting up RAID very easy if you do add a new HD. The RAM is Samsung; the HD is a Seagate Barracuda. The WiFi card has G no N. The case is very nice and adding hardware would be easy as there is plenty of room. The HD's and Optical drives slide in and out easily no screws to mess with.

I'm not one for preloaded software but IBM keeps it to a minimum and what is installed I will probably leave as it seems useful and not typical bloatware.

Very happy with this purchase.
on September 4, 2011
I bought 2 of these PCs, have been using them for more than 1 month, so I decided to rewrite my review to offer a more concise opinion.

Pros:

Fast, plenty of RAM and processing power, very cool and silent, well assembled, the interior looks clean and is easy to add/replace components without using any tool (I tried this for the graphics card).

Very good price.

Cons:

1) The video card is completely underpowered, this AMD Radeon HD 6450 can't decently run Call of Duty WAW at 1680x1050. It is good enough for watching videos or playing flash games, but not for heavy games like Call of Duty.

2) Mouse and keyboard looks and feel low quality when compared with the rest of the PC, the keyboard does not have extra keys for launching common tasks like calculator, multimedia, browser, etc.

3.- I had to waste time in order to uninstall some useless software, like Office "light" with advertisements, MCAfee antispyware and Norton antivirus, as well as some Lenovo programs that are useless unless you are using certain Lenovo monitors.

Suggestions:

Change video card, for this machine PSU (280W) the best you can get is Radeon HD 5670 or HD 6670 (I have both), Windows experience index will jump from 5.0 to 6.8 and 7.1 respectively. Both cards are well supported by this power supply, so you don't have to replace the PSU, they work stable and won't disrupt the cool and silent operation of this PC, although the 6670 will produce as little more heat on the bottom rear of the case when playing heavy games, BTW you will be able to play COD WAW at 1680x1050 with very good performance.

Add 4GB more of Samsung quality RAM (Amazon sells it) to reach 16GB. It is inexpensive.

Create your Windows bootable rescue DVDs with OneKey recovery as soon as you finish the initial setup, it will require about 3 DVDs, otherwise if you do it at a later time, after some system backups, it may ask for more than 30DVDs - take note about that!

I RECOMMEND THIS PC.
on October 1, 2011
I searched forever for a good mid-range desktop with power.

Having bought this thing, I found it would shut down using Adobe Photoshop & Flight Simulator.

I brought in a computer expert.

He said:
- cheap power supply (said to be 450 watts, but was 250)
- cheap video-card
- cheap motherboard
- cheap sound card
- not enough room to put in a 750 watt power supply, or a 10 inch good video-card

I say: "Stay Away"
on November 29, 2011
Day 1..Discover that Lenovo pre-installed software will generate errors in admin messages due to incorrect compilation for x64. After 6 hours on phone with support, supervisor Brian says point blank they do not support their own software. This after forcing to recovery back to factory settings wiping out installs. Then trying to sell $100 3-day software support:( This did not fix the problem. Also discover that upgrading to another version of windows 7 voids the warranty. It is still windows 7 64 bit, that should not change any driver functionality. Decide to live with error messages being sure to clear them every once and a while so as not to run out of space or crash the computer....

Day 20...Integrated network card fails. Manufacturer provides one and only one assistance solution, recover back to factory settings, lose all the software and games you have spent days installing.. Problem not resolved. Argue for 8 hours on the phone then get them to send hardware person to replace motherboard.

Day 25...Motherboard replaced by third party who is not allowed to troubleshoot. Now it generates errors as it takes several minutes to boot. Supposedly the hard drive has now failed - determined after a third time recovering back to factory default defective software (it really just needs BIOS update).. Will now send someone to replace hard drive.

Motherboard and Hard drive replaced - You might as well replace the entire computer and save the customer some frustration. Customer service is despicable and incompetent. They obviously do not want to be selling these computer for very long as you must have good customer service to deal with your product, or lose!

Good luck to anyone that has already bought this, wish we had returned it on day 1! Sorry that I saw a few good reviews before buying..should have waited for more to get real picture.

Update 12/2/2011- Hard drive replaced. Drive not pre-installed and tech not sent with recovery discs. Luckily I was prepared (note recovery discs not supplied with purchase). New error message on startup about boot file not being found for NIC. Computer Eventually starts up but internet crashes regularly. Now sending entire computer to repair center. Will be without computer for 3 weeks. Bet they send back a refurbished one, but not my 1 month old. Will update.
on October 21, 2011
I bought this computer wanting a major upgrade from my Pentium 1 processor which it is. The computer seemed to have plenty of power with an i7 3.4GHZ processor and 12GB DDR3 ram. However after a few days I got the warning "Invalid or damaged boot partition" I called Lenovo, they could not find a dump file and said there was no problem. Regarding wireless connectivity, my old Dell with a D-Link wireless card would get about 9mbps on 12mbps service whereas the Lenovo got anywhere from .9 to 2.3mbps on 12mbps service. Something was definitely not right with the wireless card. Lenovo tech support kept blaming my internet provider but even my roommate's Mac book was getting 11mbps on 12mbps service. I was excited about the Lenovo but there were too many trouble signs right out the gate. It was a great price, to get something comparable from Dell you're going to pay about 2,000. I returned the Lenovo and am looking for something else.
on October 2, 2011
I use demanding apps like 3dsmax 2012, and need the performance
and the extra ram this fabulous K330 delivers, and it is very robust.
The lack of the last star ,is because of the Poor documentation,on how can I add an extra internal disk,
using the expansion dock.
Can't see anything about it in The Lenovo site ,or manual , had to buy an external disk for Backup, as it is still
a mistery why the CPU has this visible HD expansion dock if there are no installation instructions, to help us .
on October 4, 2011
I had been looking for a robust PC and settled on this one after a lot of due-diligence; and I have not been disappointed. I use it for music and photo editing, streaming video, office related stuff and a little bit of gaming. For the price, I think this hits the mark in terms of capability.
Positives:
* Great Price Point
* Good performance
* Not inundated with useless software
* Quiet
The Negatives
* So far only one.. it does not have a DV-I output.
on February 11, 2012
I have read carefully the reviews here and was very hesitant, however I purchased this machine in October of 2011 and after 4 months of use here is my review. I am a graphic designer and author, and I use everyday Photoshop CS5, Illustrator CS5, Corel X5, and ADOBE Flash CS5. Everything is smooth, the processor has no lag and I have had no system errors as reported below in other reviews. I also run a multi machine home WIFI with no errors, problems or hangups.

I added 4 GB RAM to this unit, and also an after market video card (Radion HD7950 3GB) in my machine, and I admit it was a little tight. However I managed it with little problems. The added 4GB RAM combined with the new video card added 2 weeks ago makes this a uber power machine. I had my power supply looked at and indeed mine is a 240v supply, however that is clearly labeled in the Amazon ad, and also on the machine. So I upped mine to 450 with no issues.

The complaints about room inside are unfounded I feel, as I upped my power supply, and video card with no issues. The preloaded software like ALL machines is largely garbage, I mean come on folks. You are getting free software, do you really think it is "A" shelf stuff. I deleted all of the free stuff, loaded my own software and am happy.

I also run SONY Movie Studio HD design software, watch DVD's and do a lot of gaming with no lag or issues. The price is right for what you get, and the computer even if you leave it stock which I did until a couple of weeks ago runs smoothly. I do not and cannot see the major problems noted with others. I am happy with my Lenovo and do not foresee needing another unit for quite awhile.