Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Drowners Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on December 6, 2013
I ordered this directly from Lenovo. It's light and attaches via magnets. As a case it does help protect the screen, and it works just fine as a stand for the device. When folded back it actually helps the speakers sound better, just like cupping your hand around the speaker area does. The stylus is just a capacitive touch/tap device, so it makes it easier to tap on the desktop, but that's really it. You can't use it to do anything like take written notes in OneNote. So it's fine for what it is and it clips into the case for handy access, but I don't see myself using the stylus all that much - unless I need to do something in File Manager etc. on the desktop.
on January 2, 2014
If it weren't for the stylus I would have given this four stars. The cover works great. It is small and looks really nice. On the other hand, the stylus is horrible. I do not see how a stylus could possibly be any worse than this one is. It is completely unusable. It is so bad that it takes several clicks to get one number pressed when I try to type in my pin to log in to my account. I do not see how any company would release a product this bad. It's like they never even tested to see if it works.
on March 6, 2014
Don't buy this stylus. It skips when drawing lines - which renders handwriting recognition useless. And it can't be used for drawing or handwritten notes in things like OneNote. Your finger actually does a better job.

In addition, it is insensitive when pressing buttons or touching sections of the screen - it's easier to use a finger.

This has real implications about whether it makes sense to buy a Lenovo Miix tablet - without handwriting / precise touch capability - Windows is a pain to use. Consider a Samsung Note Tab and Evernote instead.
on December 12, 2013
Meh, I can't disagree with what the other people said: Its really flimsy, but I get what they were trying to do. The main selling points of the Miix 2 over the Dell 8-inch windows tablet is that it is thinner and lighter, so they assumed those who bought the Miix didn't want to ruin it by putting it in a bulky/heavy case. It stands the tablet on a hard/flat surface, but not so well on a bed or couch cushion. The stylus isn't useful for anything other than tapping small Icons that may have been too small to hit with your finger. It does cover the screen without adding hardly any bulk or weight to the tablet. $30 is too much.
on May 11, 2014
First off this product is not a case. This is a simple lightweight and thin cover designed to protect your tablet's display. I bought this product knowing exactly what I was getting. I wanted something that would protect my display but didn't make the tablet feel bulky. The inside of the cover has a soft microfiber-like fabric and the outside has a nylon-like fabric. It attaches to the tablet via a clip which houses two magnets and the stylus. The cover is also held in place with magnets to keep it from opening when closed. You fold the cover to create a basic triangular base which holds the tablet horizontally upright. The biggest let down is the stylus. It is completely garbage. The tablet has a hard time detecting it. You're better off buying a third party stylus. For the price they are asking for this product you would expect the stylus to work flawlessly but it doesn't. I gave this product two stars because of that exact reason.

Update 15MAR15: Fixed grammar
on January 24, 2014
Really like the case but the glue holding it together gave way & I almost returned it but then my husband re-glued it and now it works great. I find I really need the little pencil that comes with it is necessary a lot on this small screen.
on February 25, 2014
Let's get the simple basics out of the way. This is not a "case" as much as a "cover" for the screen side of the device. It is very similar to the type of covers that are popular with iPads. So if you want something that encases the entire device... this is not for you. If you are looking for a "bump case" that helps protect it from drops, then this is not for you. Stop here and look for something else. Otherwise read on.

Pros: Lightweight. Well built for such a thin light folio cover. Magnets stay in place relatively well compared with similar types of covers.

Cons: The Stylus

Next thing we should probably get out of the way is the stylus. If you are buying this for the stylus. Stop. The Stylus looks great, but there is no way around this, and no way to sugar coat it... it is as bad as every review on here says it is. It works. Sort of. It is good for touching small buttons when you are on the classic desktop and you are are too ham handed to touch the close button on the window. But other than that, it just doesn't cut it. If you need extensive use of a stylus, you will need to purchase one separately.

The Folio Case is designed to protect the screen of your Miix2 device (it does not, by all reports work with the original Miix), and that it does admirably. I carry it around in a messenger bag everywhere and the Folo stays attached and keeps the screen protected. When at my office, if functions as a stand, and for that purpose it works as well. You can't swing it around (or even carry it) by the cover. It wasn't designed for such use, and yes, under those circumstances the cover will come off.

Conclusion: I have to say I agree with those that say this is a bit pricey. That being said, it does what it promises and isn't grossly out of line for similar covers, and does exactly what it promises to do. The problem is, most peple for the money, expect more, and they aren't getting it. It does what it promises, but not a smidgen more.
on December 18, 2013
After reading the reviews, I bought this cover anyway because it is the slimmest cover out there yet for this tablet. Overall, I am happy with the cover.

That said, I echo what others have said. They stylus is junk, it doesn't work well enough to make gestures, close apps, etc... but works fine for tapping stuff. I don't need a stylus anyway. My only other complaint is that the magnet that holds the flap closed is too weak, so it doesn't stay closed if you hold it with the cover facing the ground. I would definitely agree that this shouldn't cost what it does.
on February 3, 2014
Nice slim cover to protect your Miix 2. The stylus doesn't work all that well. Think of it as a bonus and you won't be disappointed. To date, I haven't seen any other 8 inch Windows tablet with as nice a cover.

UPDATE (2014-07-30): I had this case for a little less than six months before it fell apart. The plastic stylus holder is held to the screen cover by a piece of tape which eventually gave way. I never treated this cover roughly, it just fell apart. Lenovo would not replace the cover. I thought about repairing it myself but could not find tape thin and strong enough to work. At any rate the cost to buy tape would probably be about half the cost of the case anyway so I decided it wasn't worth it. I suppose you could try glue instead of tape. I found a case by Fintie which is way better and bought that instead of material to attempt to repair this case. I wouldn't buy this again and I'm lowering my review to 2 stars since it fell apart so quickly and Lenovo would not stand behind the product.
on April 22, 2014
The stylus is hidden in the hinge and is easy to remove. Opening cover, doesn't "unlock" the tablet, you still have to push the lock button. Otherwise, it is a good slim cover that protects the screen while storing in a bag.

See 1 answered question