5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Professional Laptop - Highly Recommended!
The "Lenovo ThinkPad T61" is my company's default laptop for mobile users. I have been using the T61 for about 8 months and have never been happier with any portable computer.

Being almost 100% work from home, I find the battery life (about 3-4 hours) and strong Wi-Fi (works from anywhere in the house) to be very convenient.

The powerful processor...
Published on August 24, 2008 by C. Hill

1.0 out of 5 stars ThinkPad x-series
Published on August 19, 2008 by houstonNewport

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Professional Laptop - Highly Recommended!, August 24, 2008
This review is from: Lenovo ThinkPad T61 6465-9TU 15.4-Inch Laptop (2.1 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo T8100 Processor, 1 GB RAM, 120 GB Hard Drive, XP Pro) (Personal Computers)

The powerful processor and great video display rival even my desktop PC, so there really is no productivity loss when working solely on the laptop.

The built in DVD drive and long battery life are also nice when traveling, allowing to me to watch up to two movies before needing to use the charger.

The laptop is very rugged and able to withstand a good bit of abuse. I have dropped mine twice from about 4' and it continues to run just fine.

A very powerful and sturdy professional grade PC! Highly recommended and worth the cost!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great performance, a bit heavy..., August 6, 2008
This laptop is very good. It certainly can do any kind of analysis without crashing. However, when I got it, it felt a bit heavy to carry around.

A friend of mine has the T43 model, and I thought I would get something similar. It happens that on the T60 series the size was increased and with it the Kgs. If you are considering a really good and light laptop go for the Lenovo ThinkPad X61 7675 - Core 2 Duo T7300 / 2 GHz - Centrino Pro - RAM : 1 GB - HD : 120 GB - DVD?RW (?R DL) / DVD-RAM - Gigabit Ethernet - WLAN : 802.11 a/b/g/n (draft), Bluetooth 2.0 - TPM - finge, it is smaller, has very good performance, and is very cute :-) However, it does not have a CD player, which is sometimes a bit distressing.

If the portability is not the main issue and you are getting a laptop to work at your office, I would certainly recommend this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, September 21, 2008
Everything's perfect. the processing speed, tranporting speed, the products' quality and the aftersale service of amazon. Thank you.

1.0 out of 5 stars ThinkPad x-series, August 19, 2008
houstonNewport (Jersey City, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
I bought my first lonovo laptop after many years of owning Compaq and Dell notebooks. The main reason for buying a lenovo was the battery life on the computer (6-8hrs), the size and weight. I have now owned the unit for about 6 weeks and the battery life, size and weight are great. However, I have had so many problems with the unit (wireless connection getting dropped - requiring a reboot everytime, thinkvantage software not working right, problems with the fingerprint login etc etc). What is shocking is that both the techinical help and customer service are CONSISTANTLY bad. The service is provided by 800-ibm-serve, based in Atlanta. I could go on and on...but in short..save your time and money and buy another brand.