Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

on April 11, 2013
This dock adds essential functionality to the Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 2 to perform as a mini-workstation.

Unpowered peripherals such as external hard drives or optical drives that connect to the low powered USB 2.0 port on the Tablet 2 itself unfortunately will not work. When connected to an external power supply, this dock supports 3 high powered USB 2.0 ports which allow for unpowered peripherals to run off them.

If Ethernet connection is important to you at home or in the office, then the presence of an RJ45 jack is a sight for sore eyes.

The dock also comes with a full size HDMI port to allow for connection of the Tablet 2 to an external monitor.

The charging cable that comes with the Tablet 2 connects via a low voltage micro-USB and results in very long charge times (upwards of 4-6 hours). However, the 65W AC adapter on this dock allows for rapid charge times on the order of approx. 1-2 hours.

Though somewhat pricey for what it is, I think this dock does just enough to warrant the cost.
55 comments|8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon August 27, 2013
I agree with the other reviews that this is a good, well-made unit. One star off because of the price. With Lenovo, as with IBM before Lenovo bought the line, we expect to pay high prices for quality design and construction. But I won't award five stars to a $30 piece of hardware being sold for $100.
on June 7, 2013
It charges the tablet and connects to a larger monitor as expected. It also works well with an external keyboard and mouse connected to a usb hub through the usb port. My only minor complaint is that when I connect my smartphone to the usb hub in order to charge it, the keyboard and mouse stop working.
on September 21, 2013
The Thinkpad 2 tablet comes only with a micro usb charger. Which I like because i have micro usb chargers everywhere for my android phones. I am a huge fan of tablet makers that give this option. however, being usb it takes HOURS to charge. This dock charges from dead battery in about 1/2 the time of USB. The only big issue i've found is that when you put tablet in dock, the built in USB port on tablet stops working and the dock USB takes over. This is a pain when using a usb wireless mouse/kbd combo as i have to unplug the USB transceiver constantly.
on March 11, 2013
At under $100 it is a must have. Charges the tablet in half the time and gives you full power USB ports along with a real HDMI output. I added a 27" HD LED LCD and I can use my tablet as a regular workstation for work at home while it is charging.
on August 20, 2014
Does what it's supposed to do. It's well made and has enough weight to it that it doesn't slide around on your desk. If there's a downside it's that it's overpriced. But that's pretty much par for the course with Lenovo accessories. They are still banking on IBM's reputation to let them sell stuff that's about 75% the quality of what IBM made for 100% of the price. Seriously, this probably cost Lenovo less than $20 to make. Can't say I blame them though, it's a solid business plan, and if you want a dock for this tablet, you have no other choice. I'm comfortable recommending this though. As long as you don't mind the price, it's very useful and it charges the tablet and hold it conveniently and it charges MUCH more quickly in this dock than it does just plugged in with the included USB cable. Solid accessory and a good choice for anyone who uses a ThinkPad Tablet 2 regularly.
on March 3, 2014
The unit would not charge with the included charger I call it an android charger. Since I already had a new laptop in repair with Lenovo I did not want to not have two purchased products not in my hand. FYI after charging up the android charger still did not work but I do love the thinkpad2. I'm in love.
on August 22, 2014
Having the extra USB ports is great. I got a USB keyboard and mouse (which share a port), and I can leave it set up, ready to charge or type, or pop off the tablet and go anywhere. This is a great addition to the tablet.
on May 19, 2013
The only thing I don't like is that that USB ports don't stay powered when the Thinkpad is removed. Odd.
on May 26, 2013
The unit works just fine. the only draw back for is that only has 3 USB ports. There is an overhang on the back that makes it hard to see the ports from the front. The other thing that I dont like and this involves the Thinkpad 2 tablet. once you plug into the dock the USB port stops working on the tablet.