Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 73 questions
vote
Yes you can. It has it's own settings that pops up in the tray when it's connected, and it includes menu items for rotating the screen. I just tried it.
Mar 20, 2013 by Kevin
vote
Hi there. I used to use an AOC E1649FWU 16" USB monitor, but have switched to the lenovo LT1421 14". The AOC worked fairly well, but I experienced persistent issues with flicker which i mitigated with a more complicated set up leveraging usb power adapters plugged into AC outlets vs. the dual USB from laptop scenario. My laptop (a lenovo U260 - which is a tiny ultra slim laptop with 2 usb ports and none too much USB power output) simply didn't have enough USB ports to go around nor the power to adequately power the monitor properly. other solutions using a powered USB hub just didn't seem to work well consistently. Even plugging the monitors into AC didn't produce fail-safe results. The lenovo trades a little bit of screen space for apparently less power required, as my laptop pushes the monitor just fine through a single USB connection - consistently and without fail. Additionally, the AOC is much bulkier and seems more flimsy. I haven't tried the later models of the AOC monitor, but i can say without doubt the lenovo is hands down better than this particular version of the AOC. I like the lenovo so much I just ordered a second one to experiment with a portable triple monitor set up (2 external lenovo monitors and the laptop display) to hopefully get even more usable screen real estate while traveling. All of this said, I've not used these monitors with a surface pro, so I don't know for sure how well that works. But logically, i'd assume a more stable solution that requires a smaller power draw is probably the best bet for your scenario as well. Best of luck.
Oct 17, 2013 by Mark
votes
I work at the mines in Northern Nevada and carry it everyday in my backpack. I have had no issues and my workmate fly's all the time and I bought one because he liked his so much. The cover is getting scratched up pretty good from the environment of being used on the tailgate of a truck. Thumbs up so far.
Sep 13, 2013 by Mike G.
votes
This monitor doesn't require a case, it comes with a hard plastic cover that seems to work really well (I've had mine for a couple months now, no issues). It doesn't require the Y cable; it works just fine with the single for me, but says to use if you don't have enough power through one USB connection. Hope this helps, very satisfied with my purchase.
Jul 24, 2013 by iDSquared
votes
adjustable height? Mar 27, 2014
No, but you can adjust the angle to some degree with the 'stand'....think 'kickstand' or the brace on the back of a picture frame. You can adjust the height by placing it on a stack of books or paper reams.
Mar 27, 2014 by Rebellious Fish
votes
If by "upgrades" you mean installing drivers, then no, you will need to install the DisplayLink drivers to use the monitor. If by "drag and drop from screen to screen" you mean setting up an extended desktop, then yes that is supported by the DisplayLink drivers.
Apr 17, 2014 by Chip A.
votes
This isn't a touch screen, so no, you can't use it for those capabilities.
Oct 8, 2013 by Amazon Customer
votes
The screen is 14" diagonally or 12.25" wide and 7" tall. The case is 15.5" diagonally or 13.25" wide, 8.5" tall, and 0.25" thick. Looks just like the screen of a laptop. VERY COOL! Works great.
Nov 28, 2013 by CARL E WESSELS
votes
I'm not sure about XP, but it's light enough you could use some Velcro or that new CommandHook Velcro look-alike to mount it pretty easily. It does have kind of an irregular back, but I'm sure you could make it work.
Oct 9, 2013 by Bradley Delaune
votes
Sorry. I do not know. My laptop is also Lenovo with Win 8. I tried it for you. It works for Win 8. To be honest, I do not suggest you buy it.The quality is poor. I bought it because my girlfriend wanted one to work with her thinkpad. The color is not better than AOC and Toshiba. One has high frequency noise and I returned it. I suggest you look for drive to run your AOC. If it does not work, buy Toshiba. I use it. The color and convenience are better than Lenovo.
Sep 26, 2013 by Ben
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers