Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E431 62775GU 14" i7-3610QM 2.3GHz 8GB 320GB DVD W7Pro+W8Pro
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on September 2, 2013
This is a very nice machine running under Win 7 Pro, typical of the quality you get when you buy Lenovo. Compact, with a 14-inch screen, but I can actually see things easily, which surprised me. I was ready to hook her up to a large wide-screen monitor, which I will still do, but for the moment, as I am getting her updated with my work projects, I can see the text just fine.

The keyboard is one of those nice ones Lenovo makes. However, for reasons unknown, where the CTRL key should be on the left side, they put an Fn key, with the CTRL key to the right of it. Already it has caused me so much aggravation that I pulled out a wireless keyboard to use. That really annoyed me as the Lenovo keyboard is usually a pleasure to type on.

This ThinkPad is very light. I can easily pick her up with one hand, and I'm a little old lady, not a body builder. Usually I do not move my laptops from room to room, as I have other computers set up around the house, but this one is going to be moving around with me due to her lightness and incredible speed.

One thing that irked me is this ThinkPad is filled with bloatware, Lenovo-created bloatware. That's a first for me. One of the reasons I have been so turned on to Lenovo was the lack of bloatware and how little time I had to expend to get her ready for work. All of my computers are online 24/7 because I work online, so reliability is a must.

Regardless of my few cons, I would recommend this machine to anyone who needs speed and a lot of memory. For me, Lenovo has proven to be reliable, machine after machine. This is the fifth Lenovo I bought in the past 12 months, and is surely a star, exceeding my expectations.
on November 4, 2013
The track-pad with the left and right buttons integrated is a real nuisance. Lenovo should seriously consider installing regular buttons to get bring a higher level of satisfaction to its customers. Besides that, the computer is really fast and has been working fine since I purchased it.
on March 27, 2014
I received this in the mail, and started going through the process of loading up the programs and putting Microsoft Office Suite on it. It moved slowly, but I figured that was just all the updating it had to do. Five days later it was using 65% of its physical memory with NO applications opened. If I opened Firefox it was up to 95% memory and of course froze up, worked slowly, or didn't work at all. A new computer should never do this.

Do NOT buy this computer.
on September 9, 2013
prfect, small, easy to carry around, light, elegant, fast, good quality, home use, very good specifications and performance. big like!
on August 4, 2013
I recently ordered this laptop with fairly low expectations. I needed a device that I could word process on/browse the web, maybe I'd use it to listen to music or watch a movie on the go. All in all, fairly low impact computing. I figured at this price point I could get a machine that runs Office/Firefox with no hassles. I figured wrong. I should have known what I was in for when the laptop crashed the first time I tried to launch a windows 8 application from the new metro interface, after being forced to hard reset my brand new laptop less than an hour after opening it I was able to get the thing into desktop mode, which is where the real problems developed. About every 5 minutes or so the laptop will lock up for around 10 seconds, a look into the task manager revealed the culprit, disk usage was constantly spiking to 100% while nothing was going on. I tried troubleshooting I removed some of the crapware, and norton (which is another problem, this machine is bogged down with crap that no normal person would ever want), this didn't fix the issue, I doubled the size of the virtual memory, this didn't fix the issue. Finally I tried disabling Windows Automatic Indexing, this not only didn't resolve the issue, on restart I found myself trapped at the black screen of death. Attempts to do a system restore/factory resets were an exercise in frustration (fun fact, if you need to do a system restore you apparently need to use a USB mouse as the trackpad lets you move the mouse but not click, should you not have a mouse then I guess you're S.O.L.). I tried the "faster" system restore a second ago and it did absolutely nothing. I'm now awaiting the results of the longer "full" factory reset but I have no hope at this point.
Lenovo used to have a reputation as a quality manufacturer, this laptop disagrees with that reputation, I don't know if it's a result of Lenovo slipping, the abomination that is windows 8, or an unholy matrimony of the two, but the end result is a product that I instantly regret purchasing and one that I would never recommend to anyone.

See 1 answered question