5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!
Published on July 26, 2012 by B. Bleier

1.0 out of 5 stars I hate this thing.
Returning it - it's big and heavy and clunky and feels like a hindrance and if I actually did get in a wreck this stupid thing would probably slide off my head and either strangle me or snap my neck. That's how it feels. To be fair, I hate all bicycle helmets - but the one my son picked up (a Bell brand) i hate much less than any other I've tried so am going to get that...
Published 13 months ago by Leslie Beach

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, July 26, 2012
This is a great product and really cute as well. I have a large head measuring at about 58cm so I ordered the helmet in Large. It's a bit snug and the straps are a bit hard to adjust but it worked out and it fits pretty snug. I took it out on a nice bike ride yesterday - the temps were in the 80's and it was sunny, the helmet is not terribly hot, but then again there was a nice breeze so I'm sure that helped. The color is beautiful and I would highly recommend this to anyone who is looking for something functional and cute.

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks great but..., February 23, 2013
Helmet looks great on my girlfriend, but it scratches really easy. I bought the shiny one for myself, and it still looks new. Hers, within days looks a few months old. Buy it if you don't mind the scratches.

5.0 out of 5 stars very comfortable, good for summer, July 16, 2013
I ordered this helmet because it is advertised as a "summer" bike helmet and I liked the idea of being able to take the lining out to clean it. I was pleasantly surprised by how comfortable this helmet is, compared to my old traditional bike helmet. It is soft and cushioned inside, and the lining does come out. For whatever reason, traditional bike helmets don't come down on the back of your head, and are held in place by a piece of plastic that you have to tighten to hold it on. I always found this very uncomfortable, to have a hard piece of plastic digging into my head. At times, this gave me a headache, but I felt if it wasn't tight enough the helmet would slide off. Now this Bern helmet is super-comfortable in comparison. It fit fine right out of the box, no adjustments needed. I feel like this helmet might be safer, too, because it covers my head more completely.

It is also surprisingly cool. I have used it for several days (20 miles per day) when the temperatures were about 90 degrees. It has air vents in the back and top, so when I'm moving I can feel the air circulating. When standing at an intersection with the sun beating down, I do get hot, but that would be the case even without a helmet.

As to the style factor, this reminds me of a jockey's helmet, or a police officer's helmet. I don't really feel that I look more stylish than when I was wearing my old bike helmet. But definitely, more comfortable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very cute helmet!, July 5, 2013
I bought this helmet in XS from an amazon owned website because it was $15 cheaper. I purchased the helmet mostly because of aesthetics; the color almost matches my single speed road bike. I had hoped that as a summer helmet, it would be well ventilated. It seems to be about the same as my old helmet; I commute almost 5 miles to work and my head is somewhat sweaty. It is however, more comfortable in some respects than my previous helmet, which was just a cheap bell helmet. I think I may have ordered a size too small; I thought I had properly measured my head but I might have been wrong. The cushioning inside the helmet is nice.

In terms of looks, this helmet is great. I had it shipped to my work, and pretty much everyone who saw it complimented my helmet. I really like that it is sleek and not dorky, and the color is true to the picture.

My biggest complaint is that the visor dramatically reduces my ability to see. I primarily use this helmet for urban commuting, and the reduction in my vision is a bit frustrating. I think I tend to wear it slightly up to increase my vision, which probably reduces how much protection it provides.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chic protection!, May 30, 2013
I was so happy when this came. It feels like it will protect my noggin. Fits great. Looks stylish. Matches bike. Enough said!

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality, comfortable, March 28, 2013
This review is from: BERN Lenox Summer EPS Helmet with Visor (Sports)
My wife wanted a bike helmet that wasn't the typical duck-tail look; we found this, and she loves it. The short visor is functional to help shield the eyes when riding into the sun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, June 4, 2014
This review is from: BERN Lenox Summer EPS Helmet with Visor (Sports)
Love this helmet. Its comfortable and cute. It can get a little sweaty under there on a hot day but I prefer this style to the alien looking ones that are so popular.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the look, October 15, 2013
Samantha LeBlanc (Massachusetts, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BERN Lenox Summer EPS Helmet with Visor (Sports)
I don't like those sporty, alien-looking helmets, but I love the look of this one. I bike to go from A to B, not to exercise or race. So, it's fitting.

It comes with a removable cushion inside the helmet. So if it doesn't fit, you can take that part off. The visor blocks part of the sun, which is cool. I wear glasses, and I can't afford prescription sunglasses. So, this is the cheaper option for me. It comes with an adjustable strap which is necessary so it doesn't fly off your head if you do crash.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Looking..., September 11, 2013
but i don't like how it makes my head look lol. If you are considering buying this helmet I would recommend trying it on in a shop before buying it online.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great helmet, super cute and comfortable. Visor is great for the sun, August 22, 2013
I really like this helmut. It wasn't my first choice (originally wanted the Giro Surface), but I ended up getting this because I thought it looked crazy cute - plus there was an Amazon Warehouse deal which made it reasonably cheaper than the normal priced one. I don't get the sense that this is a super well made helmet compared to Giro, but it is tons cuter than the Bell helmets, and although I've never heard of Bern, I have no doubt this would properly protect my head if I was in an accident.

The straps are easy to adjust, but side "seams" of the plastic buckle are a little scratchy when I first wore it, so I just used a simple nail file to smooth it out and there haven't been any problems since. The inside padding is completely velcro so I can wash it which is really nice. I usually wash it in the sink with just a little detergent, rinse well (so no left over detergent irritates my skin later), and let it dry inside my home but under a sunny window so it doesn't shrink. And then it just sticks back into place.

I actually really like the visor because it gives it a little bit of a riding hat look (so super cute), but also because it keeps the sun just out of my eyes when I ride during the day.

Apparently, this is the summer version probably because of the light velcro padding. The website shows a variety of different seasonal inserts to help keep your head warmer during the colder parts of the year, including liners with built in audio technology to connect to my iphone. I think that's pretty smart and the inserts are also super cute.

The helmet is also certified for snowboarding, skiing, and skating. I snowboard every winter, but I don't do tricks so I've never worn a helmet, but now that I have this one, I could always get a winter liner and wear it for the winter!

Rate and Discover Movies