5.0 out of 5 stars Should come with the camera...
Why a camera manufacturer would not include lens caps with their cameras is beyond me. The GoPro Hero-1 and -2 never came with lens caps, either for the naked camera out of the case or for over the case port.

Published 13 months ago by Daniel A. Koblosh

3.0 out of 5 stars Great cap with a few things that drive me nuts....
After falling down while hiking, again I noticed I scratched my lens!!! Arrgggg the horror of it all!! Now my videos will come out crappy!! I went out and ordered a replacement lens and saw the lens cap! Great idea!! Added to my cart and placed order.
Cap came and went right on my camera. No more scratched lenses for me!!

Now for my reason for only 3...
Published 3 months ago by Howzitboy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Should come with the camera..., June 2, 2013
This review is from: Lens Cap Kit - Fits GoPro HD HERO2 & HD HERO - Includes Housing & Camera Caps (Camera)

The camera has two optical surfaces that need to be protected, especially when being tossed around in an extreme environment like in the ocean or in a backpack.

Why I have to buy such a basic part separately and from a third party is beyond me.

That said, these caps (the blue one for the outside of the case, the smaller one for the camera when removed from the case) work very well.

The blue one has a lanyard if you want to attach it to the camera case, although it'll flop in the wind. At least you won't lose it.

NOTE: these are exclusively for the GoPro Hero and Hero2 only with original round glass port; not for the Hero3 or for the improved Hero2 dive housing, which has a large flat front.

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful and cheap, August 29, 2013
Noel Quintero (San Juan, Puerto Rico) - See all my reviews
Bought it, because my go pro fell from a table and the lens got scratched. Would buy again. If you dont want to buy a kit lens replacement, GET THIS!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Prevent's scratches, June 27, 2014
I ordered this to prevent dings and scratches to my GoPro lens. Fits perfectly, and now I don't have to worry about tossing the camera in my backpack or any other bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent multi-functional!, May 30, 2014
Boris Starosta (Charlottesville, VA USA) - See all my reviews
Each package has two caps, one for the camera housing and another for the camera lens, when it is out of the housing. Very useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars just as ordered, May 27, 2014
This is just what I thought it was, works great - This is just what I thought it was, works great (had to copy the first part because of an Amazon word count requirement)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, April 28, 2014
works verey well with my GoPro. Protects the lens when camra is not in use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad to have them, April 22, 2014
I don't understand why GoPro didn't include them to begin with, but I'm glad I found these to protect my lenses.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, April 15, 2014
Snug fit and well made. Bought this because I relied on my glass to protect the gopro glass. But the glass got a scratch and you can see it on the recordings. So I got this to prevent from future scratches

5.0 out of 5 stars Should come standard, April 9, 2014
The biggest drawback to the Hero is the exposed fish eye lens which can be scratched or broken pretty easily. If you haven't had to swap a GoPro lens out yet, you must be recording competitive knitting.

But fear no more, this product is for you. It also includes a small rubber cap which fits on the cameras actual lens. I don't use this because I keep mine in the case pretty much all the time but it there if I want it.

Bonus Tip:
The included lanyard works great but if you are using the camera in the wind or at speed, some self stick velcro on the back of the blue lens cover and on the back or side of the case allows you to velcro the cover out of the way and keep it from flopping around or getting lost.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice product, April 6, 2014
Cover works well, just DO NOT leave it attached while riding..it will bounce around and drive you crazy when watching the video. It is very close to the mic and is quite noisy
Product fits well, keeps the lens from getting damaged and is well worth a few bucks to purchase .
I just replaced the lens and hopefully this will help it last

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›