5.0 out of 5 stars LensPen's all-in-one solution for lens maintenance
This LensPen New DSLR Pro Camera Cleaning Kit is probably the most cost-effective way to keep your DSLR lenses clean and operating at their best efficiency. This kit comes with some proven products that can each be purchased separately according to your own needs:

◆ LensPen NLP-1, the upgraded version of the original
◆ LensPen Filter Klear...
Published 22 months ago by John Williamson

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine....with 2 exceptions
Note: the description listed above "Kit contains miniPRO II, FilterKlear and LensPen." is incorrect. There is no MiniPro but rather a MicroPro.

I bought a Pro kit some time ago. It works fine except on a couple of counts:
Published 20 months ago by smitty

5.0 out of 5 stars LensPen's all-in-one solution for lens maintenance, October 27, 2012
This review is from: LensPen New DSLR Pro Camera Cleaning Kit, NDSLRK-1 (Electronics)

LensPen NLP-1, the upgraded version of the original
LensPen Filter Klear NLFK-1, just for your filters
LensPen MicroPro NMCP-1, for smudged viewfinders
◆ Microfiber carrying pouch with pockets for the above; doubles as a cleaning cloth

Have been using LensPen products for years, ever since my first Nikon 7072 Lens Pen, purchased here years ago and made by the same company. They make some reasonably-priced products that become essentials for any photographer. The items in this kit are designed to make cleaning lenses and filters on digital cameras fast and easy, and can be used on all lenses. Each of these LensPens have a patented dry carbon compound, have a unique self replenishing tip. Each of the tips on the various tools here are designed for specific functions.

Cleaning your lens or filter is simple, and no lens cleaning fluids or solvents are required. Extend the brush tip and gently brush off any loose debris that may be there. Uncap the pad end of the LensPen, then gently move it on the lens or filter surface in a circular fashion, starting in the center and working outwards, and it will remove fingerprints and almost debris on the lens. If any remains, just repeat a second time and in my experience, that does the job. If you see any small, black flecks that remain that are similar to black charcoal powder, just dust them off with the brush end, as it's just residue from the carbon cleaning compound.

The LensPen New DSLR Pro Camera Cleaning Kit is an economical way to get all of the items listed above in a single, cost effective package, and the microfiber carrying pouch with its pockets make it an easy item to stow in your camera bag for quick field maintenance. Whichever way you get them, each is a well-proven way to keep your lens clean, and are highly recommended.

Note: This kit is not an AVP item as it was received from the manufacturer at PhotoExpo Plus 2012 in New York. The opinion of this kit is my own and was not solicited, nor was a positive review required.

10/27/2012

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST Deal and BEST way to clean your lens, December 12, 2012
I bought this set to replace a number of older series LensPens (some with the Nikon logo but made by LensPen), which I came to rely on a daily basis when shooting. First off, the older series was great to begin with BUT the new improved LensPen is simply even better in every regard and the absolute best lens cleaning method available, without exception.

First off, most people clean their lenses far too often. You usually see this among amateurs who baby their gear and do little shooting. No big deal really (I did it), but you should try to avoid cleaning a lens simply out of habit due to lens coatings. Then, if your lens is really dirty, you should FIRST start with the brush of the LensPen. In most cases, you are done at this point. However, if there are smudges on the lenns, the carbon tip end will take care of that effortlessly by starting at the center of the lens and moving it in a circular direction working outwards. But, regardless of the lens cleaning method or tools you use, always be sure to remove larger debris, such as sand or dust, with a brush or blower before you use a cloth or the carbon end of the LensPen. Otherwise, you risk scratching your front lens element. Also remember this product is not intended to be used with any wet style lens cleaning method.

If you compare the older model pens and the new pens you will notice that 1) ergonomics changed and 2) the cap is now screw on. The ergonomic change is very nice but the screw on cap is important because the caps would come off and end up at the bottom of my bag. The brush also seems to be made with a better/ softer material as well.

Based on heavy usage, a couple of pens will last me a over a year. I have found no reliable way to indicate when they should be replaced so I basically purge them one every 18 months or so. LensPen says its about 500 uses. But who really counts?

5.0 out of 5 stars Have to have., November 14, 2012
If you've never used a LensPen you're missing out. This is the best and quickest way to clean lenses anywhere. You shouldn't clean lenses very often and the brush should take care of most of your business. But if you have get rid of other things the cleaning tip with its carbon compound will do the trick 99.9% of the time. It's almost magic the way it gets rid of smudges instead of smearing them around.

I've used LensPens for years and this time they finally made it right. I have some that are still good but they finally put on a screw cap to cover the cleaning kit. I've always been annoyed every time I reached into my bag to find the cap off my old LensPens.

This kit also comes with FilterKlear, a filter cleaning pen (except for use on polarizing filters). I usually use the microfiber pouch that holds the LensPens to clean my polarizing filters.

The MicroPro has proven really usefull in cleaning out the accumulated dust and junk on the viewfinder. The viewfinders on my Canons are very concave and up to now were not very convenient to clean.

I also read somewhere to not use them on wet surfaces. If you spent more than a couple hundred dollars on your camera/lens then you should spend the extra $25.00 or so to maintain your kit. I've you spent considerably more than that, then you should probably already know about this kit and I'm just preaching to the choir.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine....with 2 exceptions, December 18, 2012

I bought a Pro kit some time ago. It works fine except on a couple of counts:
1. The packaging divulges that use on a polarizer filter is NOT recommended. I'm not entirely sure why but it probably has something to do with leaving a black residue on the presumptively non-smooth surface...which any quality polarizing filter would NOT be. Be aware of this limitation if that was a principle intended use, ie cleaning filters.
2. I used the Lenspen (2) on the concave surface of binocular and spotting scope eyepieces which are also concave, thereby wearing off the nap of the Lenspen's pad on the outer edges quite quickly.

Otherwise they do fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars You'll use this much more than a cloth and fluid. Very handy., October 24, 2013
I don't know about you, but I'll never believe in my ability to keep a lens-cleaning cloth clean and free from grit that would scratch. I just can't trust a cloth beyond its first couple of uses.

The lens pen doesn't have that problem. I only uncap it during immediate use, then recap right after. Also before I use the carbon "swab" end I always use the brush end first to eliminate any existing gritty stuff that could possibly scratch if caught between swab and glass.

Tip: try using the brush only halfway (or less) extended if you need to remove more stubborn lint or other things that may resist removal by the fully extended (and therefore extra soft) brush.

This 3-piece is the kit to get, it's worth it. Like many, I thought I would only need/want/use the lens version. But you really do want the mini pen for your viewfinder and any compact cameras and phone lenses. And you don't really want to use the concave lens tip on flat filters or vice versa, they would rub too intensely. Thus the 3-piece is the way to go.

Note: the caps screw off! Don't pull.

4.0 out of 5 stars A cleaner for all purposes, February 6, 2013
So many options. Really I don't know the difference between the two larger one but it is nice to have a backup. I love the small one to clean the view finder.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best equipment in my camera bag., February 20, 2014
R. Blasi (Barnegat,NJ USA) - See all my reviews
Wouldn't go on a camera shoot without this in my camera bag. This is a compact kit to clean camera lenses. Very handy to have, doesn't take any room in the bag or your pocket. Works very well and is a safe way to clean a lens. I use it often. Highly recommend purchase .

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Combo Pack, April 23, 2013
Everything I need is in there, and being a first time user was pretty impressed with the product. Also, the mini that comes with this kit may seem redundant, but it's not. I was able to get in and clean my viewfinder with it which it was sorely needing.

5.0 out of 5 stars lenspen, February 17, 2013
These are great, I really like them and enjoy using them. I haven't any problems but it works good for me as I can pull out a pen when I'm out in the middle of somewhere and save the use of the towel for other things.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easily and quickly cleans lenses, January 6, 2013
I was cleaning my lenses with a microfiber cloth but they never really got clean. It seemed like the smudges just moved around and never really went away. The LensPen was extremely quick to use and left me with perfectly clean lenses - finally! This kit is well worth the cost.

I used the FilterKlear pen on my polarized filter before realizing you're not supposed to. The filter seems fine but I won't continue using it just in case.

LensPen New DSLR Pro Camera Cleaning Kit, NDSLRK-1