This LensPen New DSLR Pro Camera Cleaning Kit is probably the most cost-effective way to keep your DSLR lenses clean and operating at their best efficiency. This kit comes with some proven products that can each be purchased separately according to your own needs:

◆ LensPen NLP-1, the upgraded version of the original
◆ LensPen Filter Klear NLFK-1, just for your filters
◆ LensPen MicroPro NMCP-1, for smudged viewfinders
◆ Microfiber carrying pouch with pockets for the above; doubles as a cleaning cloth

Have been using LensPen products for years, ever since my first Nikon 7072 Lens Pen, purchased here years ago and made by the same company. They make some reasonably-priced products that become essentials for any photographer. The items in this kit are designed to make cleaning lenses and filters on digital cameras fast and easy, and can be used on all lenses. Each of these LensPens have a patented dry carbon compound, have a unique self replenishing tip. Each of the tips on the various tools here are designed for specific functions.

Cleaning your lens or filter is simple, and no lens cleaning fluids or solvents are required. Extend the brush tip and gently brush off any loose debris that may be there. Uncap the pad end of the LensPen, then gently move it on the lens or filter surface in a circular fashion, starting in the center and working outwards, and it will remove fingerprints and almost debris on the lens. If any remains, just repeat a second time and in my experience, that does the job. If you see any small, black flecks that remain that are similar to black charcoal powder, just dust them off with the brush end, as it's just residue from the carbon cleaning compound.

The LensPen New DSLR Pro Camera Cleaning Kit is an economical way to get all of the items listed above in a single, cost effective package, and the microfiber carrying pouch with its pockets make it an easy item to stow in your camera bag for quick field maintenance. Whichever way you get them, each is a well-proven way to keep your lens clean, and are highly recommended.

Note: This kit is not an AVP item as it was received from the manufacturer at PhotoExpo Plus 2012 in New York. The opinion of this kit is my own and was not solicited, nor was a positive review required.

10/27/2012
review image
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I bought this set to replace a number of older series LensPens (some with the Nikon logo but made by LensPen), which I came to rely on a daily basis when shooting. First off, the older series was great to begin with BUT the new improved LensPen is simply even better in every regard and the absolute best lens cleaning method available, without exception.

First off, most people clean their lenses far too often. You usually see this among amateurs who baby their gear and do little shooting. No big deal really (I did it), but you should try to avoid cleaning a lens simply out of habit due to lens coatings. Then, if your lens is really dirty, you should FIRST start with the brush of the LensPen. In most cases, you are done at this point. However, if there are smudges on the lenns, the carbon tip end will take care of that effortlessly by starting at the center of the lens and moving it in a circular direction working outwards. But, regardless of the lens cleaning method or tools you use, always be sure to remove larger debris, such as sand or dust, with a brush or blower before you use a cloth or the carbon end of the LensPen. Otherwise, you risk scratching your front lens element. Also remember this product is not intended to be used with any wet style lens cleaning method.

If you compare the older model pens and the new pens you will notice that 1) ergonomics changed and 2) the cap is now screw on. The ergonomic change is very nice but the screw on cap is important because the caps would come off and end up at the bottom of my bag. The brush also seems to be made with a better/ softer material as well.

Based on heavy usage, a couple of pens will last me a over a year. I have found no reliable way to indicate when they should be replaced so I basically purge them one every 18 months or so. LensPen says its about 500 uses. But who really counts?
on November 14, 2012
If you've never used a LensPen you're missing out. This is the best and quickest way to clean lenses anywhere. You shouldn't clean lenses very often and the brush should take care of most of your business. But if you have get rid of other things the cleaning tip with its carbon compound will do the trick 99.9% of the time. It's almost magic the way it gets rid of smudges instead of smearing them around.

I've used LensPens for years and this time they finally made it right. I have some that are still good but they finally put on a screw cap to cover the cleaning kit. I've always been annoyed every time I reached into my bag to find the cap off my old LensPens.

This kit also comes with FilterKlear, a filter cleaning pen (except for use on polarizing filters). I usually use the microfiber pouch that holds the LensPens to clean my polarizing filters.

The MicroPro has proven really usefull in cleaning out the accumulated dust and junk on the viewfinder. The viewfinders on my Canons are very concave and up to now were not very convenient to clean.

I also read somewhere to not use them on wet surfaces. If you spent more than a couple hundred dollars on your camera/lens then you should spend the extra $25.00 or so to maintain your kit. I've you spent considerably more than that, then you should probably already know about this kit and I'm just preaching to the choir.
on October 24, 2013
I don't know about you, but I'll never believe in my ability to keep a lens-cleaning cloth clean and free from grit that would scratch. I just can't trust a cloth beyond its first couple of uses.

The lens pen doesn't have that problem. I only uncap it during immediate use, then recap right after. Also before I use the carbon "swab" end I always use the brush end first to eliminate any existing gritty stuff that could possibly scratch if caught between swab and glass.

Tip: try using the brush only halfway (or less) extended if you need to remove more stubborn lint or other things that may resist removal by the fully extended (and therefore extra soft) brush.

This 3-piece is the kit to get, it's worth it. Like many, I thought I would only need/want/use the lens version. But you really do want the mini pen for your viewfinder and any compact cameras and phone lenses. And you don't really want to use the concave lens tip on flat filters or vice versa, they would rub too intensely. Thus the 3-piece is the way to go.

Note: the caps screw off! Don't pull.
on December 18, 2012
Note: the description listed above "Kit contains miniPRO II, FilterKlear and LensPen." is incorrect. There is no MiniPro but rather a MicroPro.

I bought a Pro kit some time ago. It works fine except on a couple of counts:
1. The packaging divulges that use on a polarizer filter is NOT recommended. I'm not entirely sure why but it probably has something to do with leaving a black residue on the presumptively non-smooth surface...which any quality polarizing filter would NOT be. Be aware of this limitation if that was a principle intended use, ie cleaning filters.
2. I used the Lenspen (2) on the concave surface of binocular and spotting scope eyepieces which are also concave, thereby wearing off the nap of the Lenspen's pad on the outer edges quite quickly.

Otherwise they do fine.
on December 30, 2014
My last pen lasted about a year, the felt head started to peel off so it was definitely time to replace. I like the small pen to get into my viewfinder, even though it's not really getting the edges very well, it's better than nothing until I find a solution that works better. I keep the small and one of the larger ones in my camera bag at all times, and keep the 2nd larger one (pretty much the same size as the other) in my car just in case.

Pros:
Inexpensive
Has 3 so I'm not left in a situation without one
Does the job. for now..
Includes wipe with pockets to hold pens even though I never use it.

Cons:
Cheaply made. The tip that connects to the pen pops out while cleaning sometimes forcing me to have to push it in and start over to get rid of the streak made from the edge of the tip when it wasn't flat against the lens.
Like most things, I went the cheap route just to not be without and see myself having to get a better set after just a couple months of regular use.

Bottom line, it works in a pinch and I'd rather have this to continuously ensure I have a clear lens during shoots than not. I'm a portrait photographer in Hawaii so the conditions can get a little rough and I may put these through more use than most people, but I need something better to rely on and will be looking for better quality next time and keep these around for backups.

Quality lenses need proper care. I clean my lens roughly 4x during an average hour shoot and of course always use a UV filter when not using and ND. If you're using your shirt or something (hopefully no one's doing that) that can potentially scratch your lens or filters then buy whatever you can now. If you're looking to upgrade from what you're currently using and looking for high quality, look elsewhere.
on September 21, 2014
LensPen works good on the lens, but DO NOT use it on viewfinder on DSLR. Nikon D7000 and probably some other model viewfinder use plastic lens instead of glass. One light cleaning, and made some permanent scratches on it.
on May 15, 2014
I'm a casual snapshooter and avid amateur stargazer. I've made my own telescopes and telescope mirrors and have learned the hard way how easy it is to scratch optics when cleaning.

I do my fine cleaning at home with acetone and cotton balls or swabs. But in the field, especially for public stargazing where eyelashes, fingers, noses, and etc come in contact with optical surfaces on a regular basis, these things are a godsend. I've used them for maybe 15 years for "emergency" cleaning and keep expecting to scratch a lens, but still haven't yet. And they quickly remove all sorts of unmentionable smears. I do use them judiciously, keeping them covered so the pads stay clean. And I'm careful to blow and brush any dust or grit off of the optical surface before using the Pen. But used this way they've been safe and effective for me, and each one lasts quite a long time.
on March 18, 2014
Timely delivery with good packaging. Product as per description. Works well. Handy tool for cleaning. Carrying pouch with cleaning ability is a good addition. Must have product with excellent price from Amazon.
Why not five star.?? Because LENSPEN has launched a new version of this item which is having pens in white color with black carbon tips replaced by new whiter tips claiming longer life and no black residue. I informed Amazon regarding this and as always excellent customer service by them. However as per product description and price this is an excellent product. Recommended surely.
on February 6, 2013
So many options. Really I don't know the difference between the two larger one but it is nice to have a backup. I love the small one to clean the view finder.