From the Manufacturer
Sure, the Muse looks and acts like the Original Lensbaby. But, like the Composer and the Control Freak, this little baby comes with Lensbaby’s Optic Swap System—offering artists an almost unlimited variety of looks and styles to capture their unique visions.
All Lensbaby lenses bring one area of a photo into sharpest focus with that Sweet Spot™ surrounded by gradually increasing blur. Photographers focus the Muse by compressing the lens and move the sweet spot by bending the flexible lens tubing. The Plastic optic blurs and diffuses in a dreamy way that Holga™ and Diana™ camera lovers will especially appreciate.
Bend it Baby! The Muse captures the spirit of Lensbaby photography, opening up a new realm of fun in focusing. Squeeze the Muse to focus, and bend your Sweet Spot around the photo.
Like the Composer and the Control Freak, this little baby comes with Lensbaby's new Optic Swap System, offering artists an almost unlimited variety of looks and styles to capture their unique visions.
The Muse comes in two flavors. You can buy the Muse with the tack sharp Double Glass optic installed or get dreamy with the Plastic Optic version. Your choice! How to Use the Muse
Get loose with the Muse. Focus by squeezing the focusing collar with your fingertips. Move the Sweet Spot of focus around the picture by bending the lens in any direction. A guaranteed out of the box experience.
To change your aperture, simply touch the tip of your Aperture Removal Tool to the aperture disk and lift it out. Then drop a new aperture disk into the lens. The disk will float above the optic in a shielded magnetic field. Key Specs
Recommended Lensbaby Accessories for use with Muse:
- Focal Length: about 50 mm
- Focus Type: Manual/Fingertip
- Aperture Type: Interchangeable, magnetic aperture disks
- Apertures: f/2, f/2.8, f/4, f/5.6, f/8
- Minimum Focus: about 12" (30cm) / Maximum Focus: infinity
- Size: 2.25 inches (5.7cm) h x 2.5 inches (6.35cm) w / Weight: 3.7 oz (104.9g)
- No electronic communication between the lens and the camera body
- Available in mounts for Canon EF (EOS), Nikon F, Sony Alpha A / Minolta Maxxum, Pentax K / Samsung GX, and Olympus E1 / Panasonic Lumix DMC cameras
- Automatic light metering is possible by shooting in aperture priority mode for almost all digital and film SLR camera bodies except certain Nikon bodies including the D40, D50, D60, D70, D70S, D80, D90, D100, N50, N65, N70, N75, N80, and Fuji S1, S2, and S3
Muse Box Contents:
- Lensbaby Optic Swap System (LBOBUND)
- Lensbaby Accessory Kit (LBABUND)
- Lensbaby 0.42 Super Wide Accessory Lens (AWA42)
- Lensbaby Step-Up/Shade (LBASTEP)
- Lensbaby Soft Focus Optic (LBOSOFT)
- Lensbaby Fish Eye Optic (LBOFE)
- Lensbaby Custom Lens Case for Composer and Muse lenses (LBCCM)
- Muse Lens with Plastic Optic and f/4 aperture disc installed
- Aperture case containing f/2, f/2.8, f/4, f/5.6, f/8 apertures
- Front and rear lens caps
- Microfiber bag
- Microfiber lens cloth
- User guide
All Lensbaby™ selective focus SLR camera lenses provide photographers with a new way to control depth of field by bringing one area of a photo into sharpest focus with that Sweet Spot surrounded by graduated blur. By bending the Lensbaby lens, the photographer moves the sharp area around the photo for customized creative effects.