Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Thermo Lenscup with Stainless Steel Insulated Tumbler (Modeling 1:1 Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Lens), 11oz
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Color: Black|Style Name: Canon 24-105mm Lens Replica|Change

on March 15, 2013
As with many items for sale on Amazon, sellers merely paste the mfg's description of a product, rather than simple general information about the actual product. I'd like to see less marketing blah blah blah, and more obvious general descriptions, or even some specifics, of an actual product.

Ounces(Without lid) = Just shy of 400 ml or 13.5 ounces or 1.7 cups
Ounces (With lid) = Just shy of 380 ml or 12.8 ounces or 1.6 cups

Height from top to bottom(Outside) = 4 & 3/4 of an inch
Height from top to bottom(Inside) = 4 & 3/8 inch

Bottom width = 2 & 1/4 inch

Top width(Inside) = 3 & 1/8
Top width(Outside) = 3 & 1/4 inch
11 comment|298 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 13, 2013
Let's be clear: this is more a joke than anything else.
Still it does the trick. My colleagues here in the US are used to seeing me around with my camera equipment and they do double-takes when I sip from my lens.
The cup is functional and looks pretty much like the real thing - well enough to pass for it without a close look.
I post a picture of the two side by side for your convenience in evaluating the resemblance. Not perfect: I dropped one star considering the price. [Update 3/3/16: I paid $20 for it, at the current $10 it's worth ****]
Other caveat: there is an opening that allows you to drink from the cup when the lid is on, unfortunately it is not watertight when closed. I dropped another star for that.
review image
0Comment|98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 13, 2013
The cup is not as nice as the Nikon mug as it does not say Canon and the definition of the cast plastic is not very good.
on July 15, 2014
Bought this for the hubby to take his tea to work in and he loves it. I've used it a few times for coffee with no issues and I even received several compliments on it. It washes (hand wash) out easily and the stainless inside doesn't pick up any stains from the tea bag, even if it sits there for several hours. We definitely would recommend this to anyone who loves photography or just wants a neat looking travel mug. Also, it does looks like a lens from a few feet away, until you can read the writing on it.
on November 9, 2014
Great Cup holds about 2 cups, the "zoom tread" is a thick rubber band and it seem after a few washes whatever adhesive was holding it in place came loose but it's not loose enough that it would fall off, just an observation I made is all. Otherwise great cup and unlike some of the larger ones this has a tab that you can drink from so you don't need to completely remove the lid to drink from it. I use it everyday and get compliments on it all the time.
on December 22, 2014
This thing is just as good in person as it is in the pics. If you put it next to your real lenses you can barely tell the difference. You would need to look close, and for some people they would even have to be shown. As far as function, it doesn't leak, it pours well and the cup works so what can I say... Now I'll see if it holds up over time and update my review.
on December 23, 2015
So I really like this cup. It's pretty realistic. However I was expecting it to say Canon somewhere on it since that was the description, but it doesn't. That's ok I guess. They'd probably get sued if they used the name Canon on it anyway. It does have a sliding drinking hole cover, so that's nice. There are a few design flaws as a cup though. The bottom of the cup slides around pretty easily. Makes me afraid I might spill something. So it would be nice if it had a rubbery grippy bottom. The other thing that is kind of annoying is that there is no air release hole on the other side of the lid. So when you go to take a sip, it's really hard to get any liquid out since the air can't escape anywhere. I might end up going all "bob the builder" and drilling a small hole in the other end just to fix this problem.
on December 22, 2015
This is adorable! My little sister is into photography and this was the perfect Christmas gift for her. She opened it and was so surprised how real it looked. She couldn't wait to try it out. Because I didn't buy it for myself, I can't attest to how well it keeps stuff hot. It feels very well made and looks amazing. A great gift for someone with a photography hobby! I paid retail for this It is my honest and unbiased review.
on November 10, 2012
This is a neat coffee mug and looks pretty realistic, but it has a minor design flaw. If you use it for travel with the lid on it, you can't drink anything from it. It is missing a vent hole in the top. When it is turned up to drink from it, there is no way for air to get into the cup, so the drink will not come out. I took a 3/32" drill bit and drilled a hole on the opposite side from the drinking spout about 1/8" from the inner edge of the top. If you don't put some space between the edge and the hole, you will drill into the edge that is on the coffee side of lid. Make sure that any burrs that will be where the drill breaks through are cleaned up, easily done with a sharp knife.

After using the mug for a few days, it is evident that it is poorly insulated. With hot coffee, if you hold the mug lower, around what would be the zoom ring on the real lens, it gets quite hot quickly. Still an interesting item, though.
on May 29, 2016
This is an awesome travel mug. Got it for my filmmaker brother and he loves it, but I tend to use it a lot more cause it looks so cool! Good insulation and appreciate the sturdy design.

Would give a 5 star rating BUT:
The lid creates a suction and is impossible to drink out of, even when open. Not sure if the one we got is just flawed, but it looks like the air-displacement hole either doesn't line up or wasn't drilled through all the way. I attached a photo of the hole-in-question. Hopefully others haven't experienced the same problem!
review image