Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on September 7, 2011
There is a major error in what I assume is the first printing of the 2012 edition. In the copy I received last week, what should have been pages 367-430 were replaced by duplicates of pages 1199-1262 (the latter pages also appear in their proper place later in the volume). Because of this error, there are no listings for titles beginning with the letters "Do" and continuing through "Ex." I returned my copy to Amazon for a refund. The one-star rating is attributable to poor quality control by the publisher.
44 comments| 68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 10, 2011
The 2012 edition of Maltin's Movie Guide has a significant printing error. Nearly 100 pages of "D" and "E" entries are missing.
on December 18, 2011
This edition is physically much smaller than the previous paperback of the same title that I ordered. It is harder to use. and read.
VINE VOICEon January 7, 2012
I ordered this edition and then saw the reviews about the printing error, so I was concerned. The copy I received is perfect and I thought some people would want to know.

I was not worried, I know that Amazon would NOT screw us because they never do.

Thanks
on October 7, 2011
Every year around August or September, Leonard Maltin issues a new edition of this book. He and his team provide straight-ahead reviews of movies new and old, written in clear prose, with major credits listed, along with awards and the occasional interesting bit of trivia. In terms of the format, nothing ever changes, which is one of the reasons I enjoy this book so much. I'm kind of movie-obsessed, so I get the new edition every year and look forward to the updates. If you're looking for a single, handy film reference, you really shouldn't look any further. This is it.
on January 30, 2012
This is a much smaller format than our older edition. The older book was easy to use and easy to read. This new format is difficult to read unless you almost fold the spine to lay flat. I believe that this book will tend to wear out much faster than the older size. The font also seems to be be smaller. I certainly would have been willing to pay more for a larger format similar to the older editions.
on September 30, 2011
A great source for info on films you have seen, are seeing, or want to see. Maltin doesn't like slow-moving films, some of which are the best made.
on January 21, 2012
This book is a very useful movie guide that also contains the actors and other information. I have copies from previous years and they have all been beneficial. The only thing to consider is every one has an opinion as does Leonard and we do not always agree. But Leonard is more realistic in his reviews than many other movie critics.
on October 20, 2011
To really be a fan of all things involving movies you have to get the annual LEONARD MALTIN'S MOVIE GUIDE! Every October I look forward to the new Guide coming out! The Movie evaluations, list of actors, directors, etc. and at the end of the book the lists of the major stars movies! Check it out, it's well worth the money spent!
on July 4, 2012
Buyers who suffer from age/disease induced reading impairment should note that the book text size is absurdly small. The book is apparently available is several "sizes" - I first encountered the book in a local lending library and it was barely readable. I ordered a copy from Amazon believing I would receive the same book that I originally borrowed; the Amazon edition was further reduced in size and with commensurate text size reduction. Pretty tough to read without sight aids.
Allowing that critics offer opinions that are either in line with or are in opposition to the reader's, Mr Maltin's reviews are generally supportable and spot-on, albeit often too short. Of course, the reader's ego will rule and the reader will gravitate to opinions that parallel his/her own. Mr Maltin covers a tremendous number of films... one can only wish that book would be available in an expanded electronic edition in which the writer would have the latitude to offer greater depth in his summaries.