Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Now Deal of the Day

Leroy & Stitch
Format: DVDChange
Price:$9.79+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

After being seriously disappointed by the Little Mermaid 2 and Mulan 2, I was skeptical about this sequel. What a pleasant surprise it turned out to be! Also, I didn't watch the series, and was still easily able to pick up what had happened since the last movie.

Unlike some other sequels, it sounds like the original cast is back in its entirety. There is an actual plot, engaging and funny, and it fits well into the feel of the original. My almost-11-month-old actually watched a good part of it, and we both enjoyed it. I'll get this one. It's better than Stitch Has a Glitch, on-par with the first movie.

The extras include a game I didn't try and a bonus episode of the series.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
If you're a fan of the "Lilo & Stitch" franchise, as I am, it'll be with some sadness that you'll watch this film, knowing that it marks the end of "Lilo & Stitch: The Series", and the supposed end to the entire L&S franchise.

This should, however, not divert you from enjoying the film, which goes a considerable distance to sending off its base, considerably.

Being presented in the animation of "The Series" and "Stitch! The Movie", and with the voices of Daveigh Chase and Chris Sanders intact, "Leroy & Stitch" tells the story of Lilo's alien companions, following an official pardon, leaving Earth to lead lives of their own on different planets (Jumba returns to his lab, Pleakley is employed at a university, and Stitch is made commander of the BRB - Big Red Battleship), while Dr. Hämsterviel, with the help of Gantu, escapes prison and manufactures an army of a new Experiment (a prototype of Jumba's; essentially, an upgraded Stitch).

Employing all of the characters featured throughout films and Series (including the Grand Council Woman and all of the Experiments), the film moves to give a climatic send-off to The Series by presenting an all-or-nothing scenario, and a Hämsterviel reaching his pinnacle of nastiness.

Though the title seems to imply it, the film by no means excludes Lilo, or diminishes her role as a main character. Stitch's dialougue, however, which has often been one of the prime sources of amusement in the past, seems diminished, with him giving less monologue than in any of the other films. Likewise, this film relies a bit annoyingly on 3D animation when it comes to spaceships.

In return, however, fans are treated to the first true "fight scene" of the franchise, between Stitch and Leroy battling it out in Jumba's lab. Another personal favorite of mine includes the climatic musical performance of "Aloha Oe", and the full induction of 625 as an essential character.

Shortly said, it's a fun film, climatic to The Series and worthy send-off, if that's what it is. It still isn't equal to the original "Lilo & Stitch" or "L&S2", but it enunciates on the potential of The Series, and manages to pull off a good film. Fans should definitely get their hands on it.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I loved the original Lilo and Stitch, it's my favorite Disney movie of all time. I thought Stitch! the Movie was disappointing, but I think Disney recovered with Stitch has a Glitch and now Leroy and Stitch. I loved how we got to see all the experiments together, and that they banded together against the evil armies of Leroys. I was also pleased that 625 finally got a name, because he has been a staple since Stitch! the Movie. The original Lilo and Stitch will always be my favorite, but Leroy and Stitch was a surprising sequel that makes a great addition to any Disney library. A good family movie to watch over and over on a rainy day!
on August 28, 2006
What a fantastic movie!!!!!!!

Leroy and Stitch blew me away!!! I was expecting it to be terrible, the prospect of Lilo and Stitch splitting up, but it wasnt what I expected!!!!

The council doesnt split them up, it kind of happens naturally because all of the "ohana" kinda lose sight of what's most important...now i have to say i disagree that stitch would be so willing to leave Lilo after all they have been through but it was all done tastefully and in a way that didnt offend me as a diehard lilo and stitch fan....

Leroy was awesome in design, deplorable in attitude but he did exhibit alot of stitch-like traits which at times were kind of cute.

It's got some hillarious moments...watch for a line from Pleakley "I'm wearing the wig!" ....I thought I was gonna die laughing at that...

Animation in some parts of stitch himself was kinda poor but that's a minor annoyance....the story here was extremely strong. This film had everything that Stitch! The Movie lacked.

It had tons of emotion, a strong story, tons of action and even a few nail-biting moments that kept me on the edge of my seat. Honestly I have to say that despite my reservations towards the TV animation crew in the past, I truly felt that this movie couldn't have been done better (except animation-wise) had it been done by a studio crew like Lilo and Stitch 2 was!

Impressed...thoroughly and completely....I would have liked to have seen the original "Leroy" turned to good, as he is just as cute as stitch and would have made a fantastic "good" experiment, but oh well.

The ending was hillarious as well....Jailhouse Rock with hamsterviel and all the Leroy clones...omg....so original!

This was the ultimate series-based movie. Blows STM right out of the water, and ranks right up there with the original and Stitch Has A Glitch....if you havent seen it already....run...dont walk...to the store and buy it...or order it right here on Amazon!

I truly hope this is not the official end of the stitch franchise at Disney, and that in the future we do get some more movies...but even if we dont, this movie was a powerful, interesting, captivating, emotional, edge-of-your-seat and attention grabbing close to the series and certainly the best thing the television crew has churned out relating to Stitch to date.

FAN

TAS

TIC

Cant stop gushing here about this film....DO NOT be put off by the thought of lilo and stitch separating, don't let it prevent you from watching this, it all works out in the end, and the voyage along the way will be among some of the best scenes any stitch fan will have seen among the 4 movies and series put out thus far. Very impressed!
on June 26, 2006
I was very much looking forward to Leroy and Stitch, but came away quite disappointed. This feature length conclusion to the tv series of Lilo and Stitch, focuses on what would happen when it came time for Lilo and Stitch to say goodbye. That in itself can open up so many possibilities, but unfortunately they were not made the most of here. Granted the film gets off to a great start and some of the action is edge of your seat stuff towards the end, but the love between Lilo and Stitch that we've come to know and love, is simply rushed by here.

This film will be acceptable for most kids I think, but as a big conclusion to a much loved series it is a little disappointing. Still, at least it's not a disaster.

If this is the best that we have as a Lilo and Stitch conclusion, then I'd like another Lilo and Stitch feature please Disney.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Before I saw this movie, I've thought that it wouldn't be good. Because Disney has maken too many things of Stitch, the qualities of them were not very high (except the original "Lilo & Stitch"). And "Lilo & Stitch-2: Stitch Has a Glithch" made me a little disappointed. However, as a Disney fan, I still wanted to watch this movie. To my excitement, this movie really surprised me, the story and the music are better than that I anticipated.

I think the story of this movie is interesting. It is filled with not only happy comedy but also warmth, love and something sad. The story of this movie is after Lilo and Stitch found other 624 experiments and found where they belong. Stitch, Pleakley and Jumba went back to the outter space, but they were not as happy as they anticipated. Dr. Hamsterviel escaped from the prison and forced Jumba to creat a new evil experitment, and named him Leroy, in order to plunder other 625 experiments from the Earth. After Stitch, Pleakley and Jumba were expected to be sent to the black hole by Dr. Hamsterviel, Lilo showed her friendly attitude to experiment 625 and named him Reuben, then asked him for help. Everything was under Dr. Hamsterviel's control when Lilo and Reuben arrived at the outter space. Then, Gantu suddenly realized what he should do as soon as Lilo and Reuben were taken into prison. Gantu decided to followed the Aloha Spirit, helped them escaped, and found Stitch, Pleakley and Jumba who has escaped from the black hole, then went back to the Earth. After the battle between Stitch's cousins and the army of Leroy, the Leroys were conquerred by Lilo and Stitch's chorus. A happy ending again.

The tableaux of this movie are not as good as that of the original "Lilo & Stitch", even not as good as that of "Lilo & Stitch-2: Stitch Has a Glitch", but I really love this all-new movie. Because this movie is full-filled with creation and special atmosphere. My favorite part is that the 624 experiments and where they belong, it's interesting, creative and funny. All the experiments have different bodies and faces, but their eyes are almost the same, resemble Stitch's of course. They are cute and kind, and try their best to serve the people. Their smile and usefulness make us feel very happy for them. We meet experiment 221, Sparky again in this all-new adventure. Besides, many comical things are in this movie. For example, Jumba's "DNA stands for Do Not Ask" always makes me laugh. The dubbing voices in this movie are really great, though the dubbers haven't been changed, they can still bring us laughter.

Hmm, how to remark the music in this movie? I've no idea. I think it's neither very excellent nor bad. At the beginning of the movie, the music is from the song that came up at the ending of "Stitch! the Movie", "Aloha, E Komo Mai". I have been loving this song since I first listened to it. And now, it returns in an all-new Stitch movie and comes up with many cute cousins, it makes me so excited. But the new version with vocal in this movie is not very good, at least, not as good as the Jump 5's version. The song "Aloha, Oe" in the ending is very wonderful, featuring Lilo, Stitch and Reuben's vocals, it feels so lively and really makes me feel warm inside.

Generally speaking, this is a good movie. It really surprise me! This is one of the best sequels of Disney. Just like "Bambi-2" ("Leroy & Stitch" is not as good as "Bambi-2" of course) did, it makes me believe that Disney can make up glorious sequels. I love this movie, and I think this sequel will surprise many Disney fans who think all Disney's sequels are bad.
on June 25, 2006
Yes,I was upset since Lilo & Stitch the series was ending it's 3 year run(pay attention to the movie,Lilo actually confirms that it was a 3 year cycle..hehe),but this is a nice big "aloha" to the series.Elvis has some music here again,Lilo's very sad since her alien ohana leaves ....eh Hammterwheel("No viel,like the delicious meats!"),getting out of prison,Leroy & Stich fighting the heck outta each other....eh go watch it! I reccomened this,since you will see experiment 625 getting his true name,and stay tuned for the credits because:all 626 experiments are listed,names included! Plus you may(as I did) get all misty-eyed,like Lilo in the movie.

A great aloha indeed,even though aloha means goodbye,it also means hello,and it will always come back to you.
on June 23, 2006
I was a bit sad when I heard that Lilo and Stitch: the Series was ending. I loved the original movie, and consider it to be Disney's best work since The Lion King (possibly even better, in a way). So I was looking for something special in Leroy and Stitch, as a send-off to Chris Saunders' little blue alien and friends.

After watching Leory and Stitch, I feel I was well rewarded.

A few parts of the plot were a bit contrived - but we are talking about a straight-to-video children's show. However, it reinforced the feeling of both fun and seriousness that made the original such a wonderful film.

I won't reveal anything regarding the plot; the basics can be read in the synopsis here on Amazon. I will say, however, that it was a nice send-off for the experiment ohanna - and it did make me just a little misty-eyed at times when I realized that it was truly the end of the series. I would consider Lilo and Stitch the most successful of Disney's more recent releases - and this is a fine end to the story. Goodbye, Lilo! See ya, Reuben (watch the movie and you'll understand)! Aloha, Stitch! We'll miss you, you loveable, cute 'n' fluffy rascal.
on February 9, 2008
This was one of the Stitch movies that my grandson did not already have and he was absolutely delighted to get it! All the grandchildren sat down and watched this movie for their quite time. They range in age from 3 to 9, all of them were very happy with the choice.
on February 8, 2011
What a great movie! Many sequels have poor animation and subpar plots. But not this one. The kids love this extension of Lilo and Stitch. Never opened, in original packaging. No scratches on disc.