|Print List Price:||$15.95|
Save $3.96 (25%)
Random House LLC
This price was set by the publisher
Les Blancs: The Collected Last Plays: The Drinking Gourd/What Use Are Flowers? Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
More About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
More problematical for me is her satire of the liberal American journalist who plays a recurring if minor role. It is sometimes an all-too-true indictment and it reflects her justified anger and despair at the state of race relations in America at the end of the sixties, but it is a cardboard figure and therefore potentially polarizing. I have read that it did so at the first performance in 1970. I did not find it polarizing, more sad that Hansberry seemed to have lost hope, but as satires go, it was more heavy handed than most.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Dramas & Plays > United States
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > Criticism & Theory
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > Regional & Cultural > United States > African American
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Poetry
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Drama & Plays > United States
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > Criticism & Theory
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Poetry
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > United States > African American