Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

on March 26, 2014
After many failed relationships in the past, my girlfriend and I are taking ours extremely seriously. We were browsing the Tagg Magazine online website (Tagg is the lesbian magazine for DC, MD, VA, and DE) and when we saw the Tagg ad for this book, we knew we had to get it.

We are taking each chapter and writing notes, discussing experiences, both past and present, and sharing in our discovery. Reading this book is bringing us closer not only through the rich information it contains, but also through the process of reading it as a couple.

I highly suggest any couple looking for additional strategies and support to purchase this book. If I had read this in my early twenties, things would have been so much easier for me!
on September 13, 2013
This is an update of earlier editions. The authors focus on key areas of relationships and help the reader understand the positives, as well as pitfalls, of lesbian relationships. As I read, I could relate to many of my mistakes and better understand things I can do to improve my relationship.
on January 11, 2013
My partner and I got this book because we felt we had a hard time communicating and understanding one another. This book is helping us understand eachother better, talk and listen to one another and find ourselves in this relationship. Together over 5 years and its as if we're falling in love all over again.
on December 21, 2012
This book has excellent examples and strategies for improving your communication skills, including dealing with conflict, resentment, expressing your feelings, etc. I love that its directed towards lesbian couples, as the dynamics between two women are certainly unique.

However, I feel that anyone would benefit from reading this book and applying the skills inside. Especially if a couple (any) were to read it together. The examples are really helpful for understanding what the book is talking about in a real context. Highly recommended, even if you're single or whatever.
on November 28, 2012
My partner and I have been searching for a good "self-help" book on lesbian relationships, one which is geared towards adults and written intelligently. This book is fantastic. It is exactly what we were looking for, and we both highly recommend it. On a near daily basis, we read a segment aloud to each other and we discuss what was covered. Our communication, understanding of each other and ourselves, and patience with the challenges of a long-term relationship has grown tremendously as a result. We find some "lessons" are even helping us in the parenting department. (We have a two-year old son.) I am very thankful for the book, and extremely happy with it. A must read!
on July 30, 2015
This. book. is. phenominal.
We have two book marks and whenever we're struggling one or both of us will wind up reading a few more pages or another chapter. We'll make notes to each other. We learn how to deal with a gay-specific approach. The authors still are grounded in well-vetted psychology such as the Gottman Institute. They use it as a framework for the gay-lens.
on May 21, 2007
This book helps seperate the similiarities and differences between lesbian and straight couples. It helps dispel some of the myths and assumptions and helps you look at your own relationship with a new understanding. Fabulous!
on July 15, 2014
Great book would definitely recommend this to any lesbian couple
I started reading it and my girlfriend did soon after and definitely changed our relationship for the better. The information in the book makes you more aware of how you handle disagreements in your relationship. This is pretty much my relationship bible. Ladies if you dont have this book I think you should definitely get it and read it with your partner.
on January 26, 2013
I have started reading this book and it's helping me to better understand myself and what a lesbian relationship is all about. It covers and reads as if it were specifically written for you. I love this book and recommend it to anyone who needs and wants a better understanding.
on May 26, 2012
I purchased this book years ago as something to read on a flight and didn't know what to expect. This book is now considered the Lesbian Bible amongst my friends. It is full of things that may seem very obvious, but it states things in a way you may have never considered. This book is like talking to a good friend.. sometimes you know the answers and just need to "hear" someone else say it.