Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback STEM

Format: DVD|Change

on October 10, 2011
This is a great DVD. I love the focus that Leslie has in this one, and I personally found each mile wonderfully challenging. As with all of her exercise programs, you can tailor this one to fit your own abilities by adding more weight and boosting the moves (lift legs higher, stretch out on the side steps, etc.) I own a huge variety of Walk at Home DVDs to keep my workouts interesting. Also, one of the most motivating points I've ever heard in her DVDs is that "you can always fit in time to workout." And, it's true. With each DVD broken down into single miles, you can do a 12-15 minute mile-per-day. Hey, it's a start, right? Can't do 15 minutes? Do 5 minutes. Before you know it, you'll be hooked like the rest of the Walk at Home fans, and you'll start wondering where you're going to fit in the rest of your life around your new passion: walking! And, one more thing: if you are new to working out, Leslie is one of the greatest fitness motivators ever. She doesn't make you feel like an idiot, and she's not one of these "feel the burn" divas. She's a real person, with a huge heart, and an obvious passion for fitness. Not because she wants you to look like a cover girl from Cosmo. But because she cares about your good health (physical and emotional), quality of life, and longevity. Buy the DVD, and get walking! You'll love it.
33 comments|252 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 23, 2011
I must say that I was pleasantly surprised with this newer dvd. Over the past year, I have done a lot of Leslie's dvds. I like change, so I usually mix up my collection so that I am not bored. This dvd is a nice mix to add to my collection. I have only tried the 3 mile walk, and I was pleased with this walk. She uses a variety of hand weights with the routine...she switched from 1lb. to 3lbs. I kept my 2lb. weights on most of the time. After the three miles, I was very sweaty. It has been a long time since a Lesley dvd has made me sweat so much!
0Comment|106 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 10, 2011
This is by far the best leslie sansone released. She alternates 1, 2 and 3 pound weights throughout the tape which she uses during cardio workouts. i have never burned so much calories before.
In addition it is a tremendous amount of fun. Buy it!
0Comment|112 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 2, 2013
In March of this year (2013) I wasn't feeling great & went to see a doctor. Something I haven't done in years. He examined me and didn't mince words. I was a mess. Well, I AM 71! No excuse for being in this shape. My blood pressure was 222 over 100. "Is that bad?" I asked. "Uh, you're in stroke territory", he answered. Unfortunately, he found LOTS of things wrong with me. So much so he sent me to a specialist. The specialist told me he would have to do surgery, but couldn't because my blood pressure was so high (among other things). He sent me to three other physicians to check out every part of my body. Not good.

It is now June and my blood pressure is normal (thanks to medication), I have lost 7 pounds and work out with Leslie Sansone EVERY SINGLE DAY!

One of my doctors has put me on a strict diet of healthy foods and cut out bread, potatoes, rice, pasta, cola drinks, dairy (yogurt-milk-ice cream)and everything I love. The first two weeks I cried for hours. The doctors (all of them) told me they were worried I wouldn't be motivated to change, much less exercise. Then I remembered an old VHS tape I had of Leslie Sansone. Probably her first one.

I went on-line to amazon.com and ordered Older Adults Walk & Firm. Day after day I did the exercises. Now, after two months, I have graduated to this DVD. And boy, is it working! There is a 1 mile, 2 mile and 3 mile portion. You choose which one you feel you can do. For a week or two I did the 15 minute one mile with weights. (I use 2 lbs on each hand) Tonight I did the 2 mile (with weights) and am floating in a pool of water (sweat) around my feet. It's 85 right now (10:27PM) so I had to be careful. I do the exercises early in the morning when it is cooler or late at night when the temperature has dropped.

The music on this DVD is great. It really motivates me to keep on kickin' and movin'! She is adorable. She looks like your neighbor or one of your kid's friends mother. She isn't super thin or Jane Fonda. She is an inspiration to me and I feel like she is my personal coach! Two days ago I ran into a neighbor who asked me if I had been dieting. "Leslie Sansone," I replied. She just gave me a strange look and said, "Uh, sure." My summer pants are fitting so much better than last year. Or the year before.

I cannot have the operation(s) until Sept. By then I will have dropped some of the 25 lbs. (or all of it) and will be in great health. Don't ever let your body get so out of shape that you can't have an operation! I was stunned at the news of how much trouble I was in health-wise. You simply MUST exercise. I don't even have a TV! I spend too much time on my computer. Too much time downloading movies. All that is behind me. When I am on the PC it is because I am playing Leslie Sansone's dvds and exercising!

I am giving her full credit for turning me around. Without her great workouts and great spirit egging me on, there is no way I will be in shape come Sept. Thank you, Ms. Sansone, for saving my life!!! Love you to death!

UPDATE: November 2013 On the day of my surgery in late Sept. I had lost close to 20 pounds! The operation was a huge strain on every part of my body and it took me 5 full weeks to recover, but I am now in great shape. All this thanks to my daily exercising with Leslie Sansone and eating sensibly for a change. I just resumed my exercise routine and feel a twinge of pain here and there, but I am happy to be back on track. It would have taken me months more to lose the weight and get in shape for the surgery if I had not found this DVD. So happy!
on November 25, 2011
The combination of walking and weight training in this one workout helps you get a better workout in less time.

If you're new to weight training, the one-mile workout is a perfect way to get started. Leslie gives very good instruction on proper form, technique and safely using one-pound wrist weights. If you're more advanced, this is a good workout for days that you're short on time.

The two-mile workout is my "go to" workout for week days. It's approximately 30-35 minutes long and after using it for two short weeks, I could see that my arms were more muscular already. Even though Leslie takes a conservative approach to this workout using one- and two-pound weights, it's possible to get results by following the DVD exactly. For those people who want to use the weights longer than she recommends, she also gives direction on how to do the moves safely. Very smart.

If you're looking for a challenging workout that doesn't exhaust you, the three-mile workout is for you. She uses two- and three-pound weights and even incorporates some gentle jogging. The pace is brisk, so the cardio is good. I like the slow, controlled lateral raise sequence she does at the very beginning of the workout because it helps me focus on proper form.

A couple of things I would like to have seen in this workout are longer cool downs and more upper body stretches. I find that I need to do extra stretches after every workout. A separate, optional segment with extra upper body stretches would be a great solution.

The music is also on Leslie's other workout DVDs, which is fine. There's a nice variety of songs.

One thing that could be improved about the production of the DVD is the audio. The volume needs to be turned up and seems to be uneven throughout the DVD.

Overall, this is a great DVD - I recommend it!
VINE VOICEon January 25, 2012
I was stuck between a 3 and a 4 so I decided to round down.

I'll go workout by workout for clarity's sake.

Surprisingly, the 1 mile workout, I feel, was the best one. It was 15 minutes long and begins with a moderately-paced warm-up with one of my all-time favorite Leslie Sansone songs. Even in this warm-up, she has on 1-lb hand weights. A little more than 4 minutes in, it speeds up to another common song that she uses in the first mile of her 5-mile Fat-Burning walk. She uses the basic combination of side-steps (no doubles in this one), kicks and knee-lifts. The last 5 minutes ends with another song from the 4th mile of her 5-mile Fat-Burning walk that is a tad quicker and at that point, Leslie adds in a pair of 2-lb. wrist weights to make a total of 3-lbs. on each arm. The cool-down goes back to the mellow song that the walk starts with and it is only about a minute-and-a-half. Leslie does a very quick stretch (literally a few seconds) and the workout ends. Leslie is less chatty than normal on this one.

The reason that I call this mile the best one is because it follows a format that I wish Leslie would follow in all her videos. Instead of slowing down before the mile is complete (like she usually does), she carries out the fast pace through the end of the mile and then slower cool-down pace doesn't come in until the mile is complete.

On to the 2 mile workout...the warm-up stars with Leslie using the 2-lb hand weights. She goes over the basic steps and lets us know that this mile is going to offer a 15 minute mile pace. After that, Leslie speeds up with another song from the 5-mile Fat-Burning workout and almost immediately integrates the weights with overhead presses. Throughout the rest of the 1st mile, she does moves like kickbacks with a bicep curl and knee-lift series (single and double), double side-steps and "power kicks". She repeats that you can always put the weights down if they are too much.

The second mile begins with a song she uses in other videos to do boosted walking, although she does not boost on this workout. She presents other moves like "tap-outs" and bicep curls that extend into triceps kickbacks. She also notes that it is okay to slide the weights onto the forearms to give the hands a break from gripping. At the second song (my second all-time LS favorite), she takes off the 2-lb. weights and switches to 1-lb weights but notes that you can totally eradicate the use of the weights at the point if you wish. She introduces the grapevine into this section. She ends the workout with a much slower song, taking the weights away but pretty much keeping with the standard moves. She also takes the time to let the audience know that if they're fat, not to feel bad because technology helped facilitate it and to not skip meals. A little more chatty in this one. A two minute extra slow pace officially ends the 2-mile walk at around 32 minutes and then she walks a little more before the stretch.

I feel the disadvantage to this workout is the fact that it slows down so noticeably before the 2 mile mark is reached.

Lastly, the 3-mile walk...this one started out okay. She started with the 1-lb weights throughout the warm-up and lets us know the weights won't be used throughout the whole thing because it's a long workout and she wants to avoid overuse. Again, this begins with the standard at-home walking moves. She again speeds it up with a few songs from her 5-mile Fat-Burning walk (my third all-time LS favorite is the third song of the first mile) and uses moves such as the traveling side-steps and kickbacks with overhead press. The first mile is about 15:30 (although it doesn't seem like it).

In the second mile, she switches to 2-lb hand weights. The music is more brisk. She continues with the standard overhead press and kickback/bicep curl combo. Then a gospel-type song plays that is very brisk and kind of delightful. Unfortunately, that was the climax of this workout. After that, she turns to her "boosted" walking song from the 5-mile Fat-Burning walk. She does do a move where she is walking while doing chest presses and eventually boosts for a few seconds.

The last mile, she appears with 3-lbs. worth of hand weights on each arm. The music gets so slow, it's intolerable. Then, after about a minute-and-a-half, it speeds up to that dreadful "Everybody" song from 4 Fast Miles. As an aside, I can't stand that song. But, if that wasn't bad enough, every minute-and-a-half the song changes and it is a total motivation killer. I think her aim was to alternate slower songs with not as slow songs but it totally bored me to no end. I was at the point where I was wondering when it would end. This cycle goes on for about 6 or 7 songs and then she finally drifts on into the cool down. At least she ends this workout with my first all-time favorite LS song.

I felt this workout was unfortunate because up through the gospel-style song, she was on track for a good workout. Even the boosted walking song was okay but that stunt she pulled in the last mile with the bipolar DJ mix was where she went wrong for me. She does do a more substantial stretch in this one than the other two.

A plus to this overall DVD is that all workouts have a music-only option. I would probably recommend doing a hybrid of all three workouts to get the most bang for your buck. Start out with the one mile, before the cool down switch to the second mile of the three mile walk and finish with the last mile of the two mile walk.
1111 comments|69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 12, 2012
I have many of Leslie's DVDs, her walkbelt, toner stretchie, walk-away weights. I look forward to spending time with her. She has helped me lose 20 lbs at the age of 41. She's a truly wonderful fitness instructor with unique motivating talk that sticks with me through my day. "We have about 650 muscles - they aren't made to sit, they are meant to move!" "Walking is your sport for life!" (I was so thrilled she gave me a sport, since I was never very athletic!) "You are strong!" This is my absolute favorite DVD to date. I prefer Leslie alone, not chatting with a group of walkers, as nice as they may be. She works and tones the upper body at the same time as the legs, back and butt, using weights as well, and offers variations on her moves for all levels. Somehow, she managed to incorporate all my favorite moves in one DVD. Three miles, to me, is enough though I know she offers 4 and 5 miles in other videos. "Walking" 3 miles brings my heart-rate up, works me into a sweat to burn the body fat and uses the energy, as she says. I am completely satisfied with this DVD so I felt the need to write this review. I think Leslie Sansone is a real find and hope you enjoy her style as much as I do. I don't think you can go wrong with any of her DVDs.
on November 8, 2011
I love this DVD. You can chose different lengths of walks, so it fits into your day better. I've been doing this workout 2 weeks and can already see results. Leslie is fun and motivational. I have done TONS of video workouts and this is by far one of my favorites. She's so laid-back and easy to follow that you won't mind working out!
on February 15, 2012
Tired of the treadmill? Tired of spending $ on memberships? Tired of traveling to the gym? Then buy this tape. Firstly, Leslie is alone in this video. After reading other reviews, I knew I would not like all the chit chat with other people. I would rate this a 5 if Leslie's voice was a little softer. My only unkind word about Leslie. But, she is sincere and explains all the moves and instructs on what and what not to do. Each section does begin with warmups and ends with cooldowns. I like that she has a 1 mile piece that is a power walk that takes only 15min. I am doing the 2 mile walk and can feel the muscles in my back that have not been used in a while. I like the use of small handweights which workout the upper body. Easy to follow the steps and I think this is an excellent start for someone who has not exercised in a while. Most important: you do not need a lot of space to follow Leslie and you are not doing any jumping around. Like that! I will be researching Leslie's other videos as long as the reviews don't mention the incessant chatter. PS: my husband is doing this walk also. Never thought I would see the day!
on January 27, 2012
WOW! Who knew 3 miles could make you sweat so much? I actually bought this video for my "easy days" since I've been doing 4 and 5 mile dvds with Leslie for a long time, but using the weights really pumps it up! Plus I love it when Leslie is by herself in her videos. She is much more focused, and she stays on topic more than when she is with all of her friends. For those of you who like it when she has a big group to chat with, this might not be the dvd for you.

Another reviewer mentioned that Leslie seems overly cautious about the weights, and that is true. She mentions a LOT that you shouldn't swing the weights around, don't over do it, put them down if you are too tired. It was almost a bit much, and made her look really fearful of being sued. But overall, she was the same happy chatty Leslie that her fans know and love.

If you're looking for a way to tone up some arm muscles while you walk and to get some extra sweat time in, this might be the one for you!