Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on August 16, 2009
I have several of Leslie's DVD's and this is by far the best!! I get a good, intense workout and get results!!!! She does this solo so there's no distractions with the "actors." She is so motivating and has helped me to lose 55 pounds. The most weight and success I have ever had in my life. I have been struggling with my weight for 40 years and this is the first time I was able to stick to something. I have a cabinet full of various workout DVD's that I tried once and never did it again! Leslie's DVD's are easy and fun to do. I have been suffering from sciatica and arthritis in my back for years because of my weight. I couldn't walk around the block without being in excruciating pain. When I do Leslie's workout's, I am not in pain before, during or after. It has also helped me to lower my blood sugars TREMENDOUSLY, so much so that I no longer require insulin. How awesome is that?!? Buy this DVD, you will be so happy you did!!!!
11 comment69 of 73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 6, 2010
I've done this workout 5 times since I bought it and have consistantly gotten about 600 calories burned which is one of the highest calorie burns for any of her dvd's. It has minimum punching or kickboxing elements but the weighted gloves work for the intensity level. So if your looking for a kick boxing type workout this prob. isn't the one for you. If your looking for high calorie burn this is the one for you!!
11 comment34 of 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 20, 2010
This is another fantastic walk by Leslie. As the previous reviewer mentioned, she hosts alone, but manages to fill the time nicely with her usual encouraging comments that keep you motivated. As a fan of the Walk at Home series, it is great to try a DVD that has a new element, such as the weighted gloves. You don't use them for the entire walk, but when you do, it feels like it is really adding a lot! While the title suggests that there will be a lot of boxing type moves, it remains primarily a walk - just like the other great ones that her fans know and love! In the end, the four miles went fairly fast and it added a nice change up to the regular Walk DVDs!
0Comment23 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 20, 2010
Leslie Sansone delivers another excellent 4 mile workout. Punch Up Your Walk offers something new for longtime walkers as well as first-timers. In addition to the familiar 4 basic steps of in-home walking, she punches up this DVD with new moves and combination steps such as mini squats and step jabs. The result is a vigorous, multi-muscle workout even a klutz like me can do.

What's quirky is the DVD's poor production values. A cameraman's reflection is visible in a mirror beside Leslie almost the entire time. I even caught a glimpse of a man holding a cue card with handwriting on it. And the music... Oy! In some segments, music has been replaced with a drum beat. In others, she exercises to a zither or harp or some kind of string instrument that is completely incongruous with a boxing-themed workout.

I can't decide what to make of this Ed Wood-like production. I mean Leslie Sansone has built a multi-million dollar empire on walk videos and equipment. Plus, this DVD is marketed through mega-corporation Target. I guess those involved figure most people will overlook the flaws as long as they get the benefit of an enjoyable routine.
33 comments11 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 23, 2010
I really enjoy Leslie's workouts because you are able to get a good cardiovascular workout without a lot of impact on your joints. Many of the other workout DVDs involve alot of plyo (jumping, bouncing, etc.) That really takes a toll on the joints. This dvd is alot of Leslie's typical moves but you get a little extra with the the weighted gloves. I also like that you can choose to do 1, 2, 3 or all 4 miles. If you enjoy walking, very easy to follow choreography and a good cardiovascular workout then you will enjoy this DVD.
on July 5, 2010
I have a number of Leslie's other fitness dvds and this is BY FAR the best. It's high calorie, but as one of the other reviewers stated, you aren't in pain during or after the workout (and I have notoriously bad knees but have never once had problems). I highly recommend this workout. It's great for weight loss!
on September 26, 2010
I recently used the Leslie Sansone Punch Up Your Walk DVD (with gloves) and I was AMAZED (even though I dislike that word anymore because everyone uses it)at what a workout I received. I have been flip-flopping with my exercises (doing one today - none tomorrow, type of thing) and I decided that I would get back on 'program' and use this tape to get re-started just thinking it would be a nice and easy one to start back with. WOW! Within a few short minutes, since I used the gloves from the very beginning, I was huffing and puffing like a little choo-choo train going uphill. I knew I was a bit out of shape (again), but this tape showed me just how much I had to do to get back under control and go for the burn, as they say! I would recommend this to anyone with the admonition to take it slow and build up to it -- don't put the gloves on until Leslie directs you to do so, doing the warm-up first without them. Great tape, though!
on July 19, 2010
I have been walking with Leslie Sansone for 20 years. I love her workout CDs, including this one. I had hoped for more punching, but you will work up a sweat. Keep up the good work, Leslie. You record it, I buy it (workout CDs).
on March 7, 2010
I bought this a few weeks ago and I am an admitted Leslie groupie but I do think this is one of her best. It really kicks my butt on the days that is what I need. I am getting back in shape and am so happy to have her to help out.
on July 21, 2010
This workout video is an excellent choice for an intermediate workout. It has you moving enough to work up a sweat and moves legs, arms and abs. This adds enough variety to keep your interest for the nearly 60 minute workout. It is a great tool in the toolbox for getting in shape.