Exercise Videos are finally making a really good use of technology. With this 1 CD you can create
up to 10 different options from a pool of 5 walking segments and 5 toning segments in any sequence
you want.
Each of the five, 1 mile options is a 12 minute walk that is color coded so you can select them in any order you choose. You
can do the purple...
Published on March 22, 2012 by A. L. W.

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, but not my favorite Leslie DVD
I just finished 5 miles and did all of the toning workouts. There are different moves in this, and I did work up a sweat which was great.

Published on March 27, 2012 by Happy Mac User

5.0 out of 5 stars You Choose! Totally Customize and Automate up to 10 miles+ options+ new moves, March 22, 2012
you want.
can do the purple mile, then yellow, then an ab tone up , then a green mile or something in reverse.
Or you can choose from the segments of 2 - 5 mile workouts that Leslie has already pre set by day of the week. The funny thing is you actually have the option to do 10 miles in any sequence you choose. While that is not the intent of the program, it simply shows the flexibility of being able to mix and match workouts, doing a favorite walk twice or doing an all toning session.

Of course there are some new moves that keep the variety changing, especially if you use Leslie's line,the "walk-outs" can get boring without updating the moves.
There is also a fresh set of walkers, which also helps as some past videos often featured many of her
wonderful staff members more often then one might like.
If you like Leslie's program then this addition is completely new.

Advanced users might be disappointed with the intensity level, which is not a high cardio sweat drip monster mile. That said you can do a little boosting with making sure your form is spot on, and picking up your legs a bit higher and using your arms when she may not be. Making sure you have a strong pump to the arms or raising them above the head. These miles don't use weights or walk boosters so you can certainly add a walkvest, or hand or leg weights. There are many workouts out there that are just too intense, where there goal is an extreme 60-90 day make over. Those are great, provided you are physically able to do many of the challenging exercises in those programs. Often people have to do the opposite which is pare down those high intensity workouts until their ready. Leslie's program is geared toward the beginner and starter intermediate who want to get started and tone up.

5 Stars but Room For Improvement:
What would have been fantastic, is if Leslie had used one of the 5 Miles as one of her JOG Mile segments and one as her Bootcamp Mile segments Leslie Sansone: Walk Weight Loss Bootcamp Kit. This would have provided even more versatility to for a wider range of walkers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Five day walk plan, April 4, 2012
Peter Tsang (Rhode Island, New England, USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Leslie Sansone: Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan (DVD)
This DVD contains an indoor walking plan for five days, from Monday to Friday. For example, on Monday, you walk for about 46 minutes (the warm up, the 3 miles, and the cool down) and you do abdominal work for about 4 minutes, for a total workout time of just over 50 minutes.

Here's the "5 Day Walk Plan".

Monday (50:05)

1 mile walk (21:27)
Legs session (3:17)

Thursday (37:12)
2 mile walk (34:19)
Chest and back session (2:53)

Friday (1:14.18) This is the longest at over 1 hour and 14 minutes.
5 mile walk (1:10.45)
Full body stretch (3:33)

For long walks like on Friday, the flow is not as smooth as it should be because each mile begins slowly and then speeds up so that when you put them together, the long walks are a little choppy. But, I still enjoyed Ms. Sansone's personality and exuberance.

~~~

If you don't want to follow the 5 day plan, you may customize your own workouts from the 10 segments which are the foundation for the program.

Here is a time outline for the 10 segments.

Blue mile (1 mile, 12:34) Blue is the most intense of all the 1 mile workouts.
Yellow mile (1 mile, 12:21) This color & the remaining colors are of somewhat similar intensity.
Red mile (1 mile, 11:44) Each mile is roughly about 12 minutes each.
Green mile (1 mile, 12:15)
Purple mile (1 mile, 12:09) This is probably the easiest mile segment.

Abs (4:01) For me and for many others, these are very short and very easy sessions.
Arms (3:23)
Legs (3:17)
Chest/back (2:53)
Full body stretch (3:33)

All workouts have the same warm up (4:13) and the same cool down (5:29).

~~~

For those who have never done a Leslie Sansone DVD, here are the basic steps and moves.

Walking in place
Side step
Kick
Knee lift

Arm reach to the front
Arm reach to the ceiling or the sky
Arm reach to the side
Arm reach combos
Hand claps

Here are moves with a little more steps. Many moves are familiar if have other Leslie Sansone workouts.

Hand tap to opposing leg/knee lift
Grapevine, with kick back
Mambo (easy)
Fast or power walk
Side tap, with turn, with punch
Kick back, with arm pull
Leg + foot shift, with punch
Walk to front and back
Kick with arm reach variations
Walk and tap

The blue mile includes two high impact moves.

Jump rope (rope not needed)
Half jacks (a modified version of jumping jacks)

~~~

I found the exercises in the non-walking segments very easy and quite basic. Each segment lasts about 3 to 4 minutes. You may combine them to do a longer workout which may still be very easy for many people. (But, I assume that Ms. Sansone is trying to help people who do not strength train, but need to do it.)

1. Abs: At four minutes and one second, this is the longest segment.
Single leg raise
Curl up
The hundred
Single leg raise
Criss cross
Stretch

2. Arms: This is the only segment in which you need a light pair of weights.
Biceps curl
Triceps extension

3. Legs
Back lunge
Squat
Back lunge/squat combo

4. Chest/back
Push up on knees
Modified plank with opposing leg and arm hold

5. Easy and short stretches

~~~

This DVD features four new and pleasant young ladies who walk with Ms. Sansone.
I thought the overall DVD was fine, although I do miss Linda, Jo Ann and the other walkers from the previous DVDs. It's like missing old friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Walk the Walk!, March 20, 2012
This review is from: Leslie Sansone: Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan (DVD)
I am not sure why this is on pre-order because I picked up the Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan DVD while in Target and yesterday I popped it in to walk my walk. This DVD is set up with pre-programmed walks for Monday - Friday or you can customize it by picking the color coded one to five miles you want to walk in whatever order you want to walk them. There is also a toning session for different areas (abs, arms, etc.) which are included one per pre-programmed days or again you can add what you want to the miles you like when customizing. And of course, a warm up and coool down walk. It may be the only WAH DVD you will ever need... Though I hope there will be many more to come! :0) It will be the one DVD I can take on vacation and still have a variety of walks for the week without have to choose several from my now 28 WAH DVD collection. My recommendation... ADD THIS WAH DVD TO YOUR COLLECTION! This isn't a hard walk but it will do the job of getting you moving.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hands to Heaven!!, March 24, 2012
This review is from: Leslie Sansone: Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan (DVD)
Woohoo burned 558 calories doing the 5 mile walk this morning. Mambo, Shifting weight with Jabs this is a fast paced WAH DVD. This format will keep you moving and not bored. Leslie's DVDs along with a not diet ;) but lifestyle change have helped me become Non-diabetic Type 2 and lowered my HBP.

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, but not my favorite Leslie DVD, March 27, 2012
This review is from: Leslie Sansone: Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan (DVD)

That being said, the toning exercises are minimal in this. For example, the arms just has 2 sets of biceps curls and then French presses for the triceps. The chest and back just has 2 sets of pushups (girl style) and a back exercise. The legs section has back lunges and squats. Just a couple of minutes of toning in each section. I guess I was expecting longer, more in depth toning sections. I would need to do other exercise DVDs in addition to this for toning, as doing this alone would not cut it for me.

I did not care for the music at all. I thought that dreadful "Everybody" song on her other DVDs was the absolute worst, but some of the tunes on this are worse.

Bring back Linda and Jo Ann! I love Leslie's workouts where there are all different age groups and body types. This DVD features young fit gals with frozen smiles.

My favorite Leslie DVDs are the Ultimate Collection and the 5 Mile Advanced Walk. I've shed about 24 pounds since October working out with those DVDs, mixing and matching to do 5 miles a day 5 days a week. I am a big Leslie fan, but prefer her other workouts to this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Combo Workout, July 19, 2012
This review is from: Leslie Sansone: Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan (DVD)
I get bored very easily with workout videos and I hate doing the same thing over and over. But I also don't want to invest a lot of money in buying several different videos. What's great about this video is that you can create several different workout combos from this. It's set up as a 5-day walk plan - ex. Monday is a 3 Mile Walk w/ Ab Session, Tues is 4 Mile Walk with arm session, etc., but you can create your own as well. I like to do 4-5 Miles and then add at least 2 toning sessions. Some days when I don't have much time, I'll do a quick mile and 1 toning session. The miles are all different - the Green and Yellow ones seem easier, the Blue one is more challenging w/ the jump rope and jumping jack type exercises added. Also, with the walking and toning sessions, I love that I'm getting an all over body workout. My husband has said how tone my body is now and that my arms have that "ripped" look. I was so excited when I was able to fit into a size 5/6 jeans! Since I've started using the Leslie Sansone videos 6 months ago, I have lost 33 pounds. (This of course is in combo with monitoring what I eat on myfitnesspal.com) To review:

The plus on getting this video:
- Good for beginners to intermediates
- Offers a lot of combo workout routines
- Includes toning exercises (hand weights, abs, legs, arms, stretches)
- Uses 12 minute miles which keeps you on a good pace
- Music is not too bad
- Leslie explains everything very well

My criticisms:
- I wish the toning sessions were longer. They are only 3 - 4 minutes.
- On 3 of the miles, she uses a punch sequence and on 2 of them - the punch count isn't even. For example - you punch 10 times w/ a right arm and then 12 times on the other. I always add more to keep it even.

Overall, I would give this video an A-. It's my favorite out of all of the Leslie Sansone videos I have. I would definitely recommend adding this one to your collection! Happy walking!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, December 1, 2012
This review is from: Leslie Sansone: Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan (DVD)
I'm a walker and I live by the beach where there's a boardwalk so during the Spring and Summer, I've got it made. But I also live in the Northeast USA, where Winters and even Autumns are really cold so I was looking for something I could do at home during that part of the year. This workout DVD turned out to be exactly what I was looking for: I walk Monday through Friday, there's a workout plan for Monday through Friday; I wanted to save money by purchasing an all-inclusive as opposed to a single target area DVD, this one has a plan for the entire body.

I could "feel it" the next day after I first tried it and that's always a good sign.

Really like the customized workout feature as well. Normally, I follow the plans day by day but occasionally I like to tailor a walking workout to supplement my different yoga routines on the weekend.

I read some complaints about the music but I liked it. I prefer standard workout music that is about beat/tempo as it relates to the pace of the workout (none of this new trying-too-hard-to-be-hip kind of stuff). It's also fun, starting off with this every morning keeps me energized and moving throughout the day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bravo Leslie! Leslie Sansone's Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan!, April 6, 2012
This review is from: Leslie Sansone: Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan (DVD)
I really enjoy doing workout "programs" so this was a great fit for me. I own 5 Leslie DVD's and this one is a great addition.

PRO's:
1)Five different predetermined workouts. (Monday-Friday) 2)Customized workouts! I can choose my own custom workouts on the weekend or any day of the week. This is a new feature for Leslie. (You do NOT have to customize at all if you don't want to.) You can choose how many miles, choose which miles you want to walk, and can add one or more toning segments. 3)Great cuing as always. 4)New music! 5)Many different variations than on her other walks! You move around a lot more on this DVD! 6)Toning segments! Yes, they are short, but still effective. Some toning is better than none. You can also add more toning sections each day. 7)Pretty, bright set. 8)Leslie is the same sweet, funny, chatty gal that makes working out fun and bearable.

CON's:
There are a couple nit-picky things, but not enough for me to take a star off. There is one song that is too Techno for my liking. That is a personal preference and doesn't detract from the great workout. There is one section of the blue mile where the audio portion is off. It is only a few seconds long, but it was not a good edit.

OBSERVATIONS:
I see some have said "same old Leslie." I disagree! Of course there are some same moves--they are the hallmark of her walking workouts! There were many different variations and moves. I found all of the variety made it fun and challenging. Some have said they didn't like the new crew Leslie used. Change is hard. I do like seeing young and young at heart in her other videos. A couple of the new crew are a bit animated/over eager. Having a new crew does not ruin this workout for me though. I think it is smart for Leslie to appeal to all ages. Lastly, some people have complained about the transitions from one mile to the next. What I do to keep my heart rate up is either jog instead of walk or walk and keep my arms moving. It IS that simple. I would not take off a star for the transitions because it did not ruin the workout for me. There are times I like the slow down in the transitions because I am tired and need a bit of a slow down. That is the beauty of Leslie's walks--you can lower the intensity, stay w/Leslie and her crew's intensity, or pump up the intensity. It is all up to you. I have really been enjoying this DVD and know it is one I won't tire of since I have so many options for customization.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wasn't for me, April 7, 2013
This review is from: Leslie Sansone: Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan (DVD)
I personally like her older DVDs where she just did her 4 basic steps. I only did the yellow mile and that was enough for me to say no thank you to this DVD. I'm not a fan of the jumping jacks and the fake jump rope she incorporated into this mile, I just find it awkward. If that is more your thing you'll probably like this DVD but if you are more like me and just like the her 4 basic steps you may want to pass.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Workout, dont "love" the walkers though!, March 27, 2012
This review is from: Leslie Sansone: Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan (DVD)
I enjoyed the workout I got with this dvd, Leslie puts a new twist on some of her "old" moves, such as doing a grapevine/kickback combination, and walking up 4 steps instead of 2. I really worked up a sweat. The set is bright and modern.

What I didn't enjoy was her set of walkers. What I've always loved about Leslie and her DVDS is that she had people of ALL shapes and ages walking with her. This one had mostly young girls who look like they were plucked from the pages of Fitness Magazine. I'm in my late 40's and have enjoyed watching her DVDS and she shows people younger and older than me that have lost alot of weight doing her walks, as well as gals my age who are fit as can be! I think I'll mostly stick to those tapes and get inspiration from them and go to this one when I tire of my others.

If you are not as put off by that as I am I suggest going immediately to buy this because Leslie delivers (as always!) She's as high energy as ever and I love her no matter what!

Leslie Sansone: Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan
Leslie Sansone: Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan by Not Provided (DVD - 2012)
$14.98 $9.64