Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on February 24, 2009
I now have 11 of Leslie Sansone's videos and I love every one of them. She often states that her workouts are not for sissies and that is very true but REALLY anyone can do them. You just set your own pace.I started working out with Leslie's videos on April 1st, 2008. I weighed 240 lbs. It is now February 24th, 2009 and I am happy...no thrilled to tell you that I have walked away 83 lbs!!! I went from 2X to size 12. My goal is to lose 100 lbs and I know I will get there. When I started out I could barely get to the end of the 3 mile video. I'm up to 5 miles now and I love it! I'm hooked! What a great thing to be addicted to...excerize!!! Now here's the best part....I'm 62..I'll be 63 in just a few days and the young girls who work out with me can't keep up!!! Please do yourself a huge favor and get started walking away the pounds today. Or just do it to be healthier. Either way, you come out a winner!!!
2020 comments| 444 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 4, 2008
I have been a Leslie Sansone fan for many years and own lots of her videos; the 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk, by far, my favorite! I would definitely say that this video (if you do the entire thing) is geared to intermediate/advanced exercisers. If you are a beginner, consider just doing a mile or two and working up towards the whole workout.

I loved the fact that the video breaks each mile down individually. The first and fifth mile have only Leslie leading. The second, third, and fourth mile include several other walkers and different music for each mile. I LOVE the music on this video more than any of the other videos. The miles are completed MUCH faster than Leslie's other videos. I also believe this 5 mile workout goes by very quickly!

EACH mile is 12-13 minutes and is roughly broken down as follows:
-Approx. 5 min of moderate walking
-Approx. 5 min of brisk/"power walking"
-2 min of "boosted walking"

The boosted walking is actually gentle jogging and "boosted" forms of kicks and knee lifts. Walkers have the option of joining Leslie with the boosted walking or just power walking. She insists that even if you are unable to do the higher impact version, lower impact is just fine.

There really is no warm-up (even in the first segment), but there is a cool down at the end of the video that lasts 6 minutes. If you do the entire video, the workout will last 68 minutes.

I would recommend this video especially to Leslie Sansone Veteran Walkers, but beginners can easily grow and advance as their fitness improves.
88 comments| 499 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 3, 2008
If you have been walking with Leslie for a while you know that each new workout she comes out with is just as great as the one before. If you have done Leslie before and have been slacking and need something fresh to remotivate you (that is me)this one is a great motivator. If you are new to Leslie what are you waiting for?
I got this one in the mail yesterday and did 2 of the five miles last night. This morning I got up and did 3 of the 5 miles. This is a great one! Here is the breakdown. There are 5- 1 mile walks, each walk is 12 minutes. The first mile is just Leslie. Miles 2,3, and 4 have various walkers with her. The final mile is Leslie alone again. Each mile is 12 minutes and she does her boosted walking at the end, before the cool down. I personally LOVE the boosted walking! In the intro She suggests doing 1 mile before every meal. I just may have to try that! There is also a wonderful interview with one of her walkers at the end. It personally inspired me because she talks about her dad getting sick and that being her wake up call. I was recently diagnosed with type II diabetes. My father is a very uncontrolled (stubborn)diabetic who has lost one leg already and had a stroke. I am on a mission to NOT be my dad and hearing Nicole's story was just the inspiration I needed to remind myself that I can be the healthiest diabetic I can possibly be. I plan to revisit her story whenever I need some insiration to just walk, walk, walk.
11 comment| 177 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 3, 2009
I have been "walking with Leslie" for about 8 years now and have several of her videos/dvd's. Although this is one of my favorites because of the shorter time it takes to walk 5 Miles and the higher calorie burn, I can't help but be disappointed with the format somewhat. Like I said, the positives are that doing 5 Miles in about 60 minutes is great, and the calorie burn is very high for me. That I really like!! What disappoints me is a couple of things. The first and foremost is the incessant chatter. I wished she'd given the option of hearing the music only like on her more recent 4 Mile Walk DVD. I have remedied that somewhat by muting her, and instead listening to my PraiseWalk/PraiseWorkout CD's. The CD's last about the same amount as the walk and has a warm-up and cool down section. You can only listen to her repetiveness so much and then it starts to grate on my nerves way too early in the morning! The second thing is that it's obvious that the miles are not done continuously as in one workout. So with each "new mile" that is started, she starts out slower and then picks up speed. That interrupts the flow if you intend on doing more than 1 Mile at a time. Since each mile is ended with the 2 minute Boosted Walking, I have to make an extra effort to keep at that pace in order to keep my heart rate up. I'm doing the entire 5 miles because then I know my workout is done for the day if I want it to be. I love Leslie but I think she could have formatted this to be better than it is. But even my disappointment is not enough to stop me from walking with her! I'll get used to the things I don't like about it and keep at it!
1010 comments| 156 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 18, 2009
Keep sending us more like this, Leslie!! I have alot of her videos, and consider this one one of the best! I have walked off over 65 pounds with her in less than 7 months.
on June 13, 2010
I actually bought this DVD for the days that I cannot go outside and walk (live in rainy Seattle) and I found I actually enjoy doing her walks vs. taking a walk outside because it's done so much faster. I purchased a calorie burn monitor that I wear on my arm which programs how many calories you a burn a day so I have put this DVD to the test. I burn the most calories with Leslie's DVDs than any other and I own many. I truly think it's because your heart rate stays elevated for an extended period of time (about 50 minutes to do 4 miles) The days I work out with this DVD and just do my normal walking for the day, I burn an astonishing 2,000 calories a day. I was a strong advocate for the all the "Biggest Loser" DVDs but for some reason, I burn more calories with this simply walking routine Leslie created. I have read people say it's too easy. Yes, the moves are simple but if you do all 5 miles, you definitely sweat and it's NOT easy to complete all 5 miles with boosting at the end of each mile for 2 minutes. I never sweat and this DVD makes me at least break out in sweat and most don't at all. I have not been able to go past 4 miles in a row yet. I'm in my 40's and workout about 6 times a week and would consider myself in decent shape and don't find this DVD easy AT ALL. Others have mentioned the music being annoying but it honestly doesn't bother me at all. She does talk non stop (but don't they all) so I found turning the volume off and playing my own music works sometimes. Leslie even said it herself on the DVD.... "If I get too loud, turn down the volume" and I do sometimes but still a great DVD. Thanks Leslie!
on May 14, 2009
This is the best so far from Leslie Sansone! I love the 5 12 minute miles! I am a 50yr old female who enjoys being in shape. Using the walking DVDs I have not lost alot of lbs, but I have gone from a 14 to an 8. I have realized that the scale isn't such a great tool. How you feel is so much more. I have more energy that most of my coworkers who are 10-20 years younger than I. Thank you Leslie!
on April 10, 2009
This is my first Leslie Sansone video and let me tell you, it is THE BEST workout video I've ever owed. This video is perfect for beginners-intermediate. I lost 10lbs in one month by doing this video everyday ( the full 5k walk) and eating healthy food. Good Luck!
on June 24, 2009
This video is great! I have lower back problems, and I have been searching for something that is low impact and this is wonderful! I am totally impressed with it. I also know that this workout works...I have lost almost 20 lbs in just 3 weeks, thats also impressive!
I had this video and used it daily back in 2013. I lost about 50 lbs by eating healthy and working out to this video daily. I started out only being able to do the 1st mile and gradually got up to the entire 5 miles daily. I'm not sure where I went astray but I quit working out all together and started eating crappy again... Now I'm starting over! I've started with just the one mile and eating healthy again. Hopefully I'll lose it as quickly as I did last time since I lost it all within 5 months of being really committed. This is a great video for someone like me who has high impact restrictions. If you need more of a gentle workout that you can choose the intensity level for yourself this is the video for you. To me this is the best video Leslie has ever made. The only thing I don't like is that this video isn't available as a digital copy. It would be nice if I could have added it to our video library instead of having to actually keep up with a DVD.

If you found my review helpful please click on the helpful button below my review. Thank you!!