5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant book for men and women about issues we all face!
Published on August 22, 1998

1.0 out of 5 stars Spiritual Guidance?
As a Christian, I did not find the 12 spiritual lessons helpful, because they were not Biblically based.
Published on March 18, 2000

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant book for men and women about issues we all face!, August 22, 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: 12 Lessons on Life I Learned from My Garden: Spiritual Guidance from the Vegtable Patch (Hardcover)
12 Lessons on Life I Learned from My Garden : Spiritual Guidance from the Vegetable Patch by Vivian Elisabeth Glyck is one of those books that might bring a joyful tear in your eye. Brilliantly written. She uses real-life metaphores from her beautiful garden. Most of them are about problems I still face in my life. Most likely this woman is wiser than she might realize herself. This is no vague spiritual stuff - this is a real-life reality check, quite tough and tender.
If my friends would read this, we could change our daily lives. Not only because we change our perception of events and therefore we may project other things and events in our lives, but mainly because we actually will change our behaviour.
I started to like the book in 1997, and it is getting stronger and stronger because it is still very practical and applicable. It is as if she's talking to me. It's absolutely lovely.
Guys give it as a present to your wives or girl-friends.
Girls go and get it and read it to your man while lying together in bed.
Go out buy it, read it and it will never ever go away from your life.
Vivian you did something beautiful to the world. What's your next project?

5.0 out of 5 stars So much wisdom, honesty and insight., April 28, 2002
By A Customer
This is book is a quick read with many wonderful thoughts
that make you reflect on your life (and even on your garden).
The author's sharp truths really struck home for me. So often we
just rush through our days trying to force our lives down a
certain path. Ms. Glyck's lessons help us to step back and see
the bigger picture of what's going on in our lives and what
action we can take to help our current circumstances.
You don't have to know anything about gardening to enjoy and
benefit greatly from this beautiful little book.

5.0 out of 5 stars gardening like life, December 31, 2010
This is a beautiful little book that I found at a library book sale and fell in love with. I've bought several copies for friends. It is spiritual but not particularly religious so if that's what you are looking for, you may be disappointed. Any woman who is a gardener will totally "get" this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, January 29, 2004
Amazon Customer (Miami Beach, FL USA) - See all my reviews
Truly one of the best spiritual books out there, written in such a down to earth manner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great READ, March 1, 2013
This is one of the best books that I have read in a very long while...... it is a fast read and has a lot to say about life and working in the garden....... I highly recommend this book to anyone looking for something different

1.0 out of 5 stars Spiritual Guidance?, March 18, 2000