5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book for those who choose to think!
Published on September 25, 2002 by kaabee

1.0 out of 5 stars I caught a fish this big!
Published on July 10, 2006 by Edwin C. Pauzer

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book for those who choose to think!, September 25, 2002
This is an excellent book for those who actually choose to think rather than regurgitate the mantra of the left. Hannity has writing skills and argues passionately and forcefully for what he believes, and in fact,is right and just. He uses clear arguments to point out the fallacy and fiction of "liberal" beliefs and examines the consequences of those lofty individuals and anointed elite whose laws and actions play mischief on liberty and freedom in this country, usually with horrible consequences to those very individuals that they pretend to help. He shines the light of truth on the cockroaches of tyranny. Well done Sean, well done.

1.0 out of 5 stars I caught a fish this big!, July 10, 2006
In Let Freedom Ring, Sean Hannity sends out the subliminal message that he and his writing are about truth, justice, and the American way. The cover is cloaked in red, white and blue, and the title represents everything true and good about him and America. Liberals he concedes are loving parents, good people, hard workers, but misguided. (He actually is far kinder than Savage here.) But they just don't know how to defend or lead a country. For his five-star reviewers his message reinforces any pre-conceived beliefs and Hannity's words, not his sources, validate those beliefs.

If this was written by a ghost writer, he should have withheld payment. If it wasn't written by a ghostwriter, Hannity should have one for his next attempt at literary hyperbole because this reads like a collection of poorly constructed arguments based on faulty, unwarranted assumptions.

The first chapter is written in a maudlin, "those-were-the-good-old-days" wistfulness of his immigrant grandfather whom he describes as an honest man of integrity, and a believer in the American dream. But before you can say "Erin Go Braugh" he is talking about the courage of George W. Bush for standing up to terrorism. Exactly how G.W. does, he doesn't elaborate. How he morphs from grandfather to Dubbya is almost magical.

Hannity's next trick is to impugn Clinton and Gore as being soft on terrorism. His source for this is, of all people, Dick Morris who knew the Clintons and now works for the Fox Republican Advocacy Network. He quotes Morris who makes such vague statements as "It seemed they were afraid of talking about terrorism," or "they seemed to be indifferent to terrorism." These "Morris mind-reads" are conjectural, but Hannity quotes them as if they are undisputed fact.

Let's take a closer look at Hannity's unimpeachable source for a moment. It was Dick Morris who quit the Clintons shortly after the second election. It was Morris who had a penchant for streetwalkers, did some jail time, and entered alcohol rehab. You'd think SH could find a better source if he expects freedom to ring!

But, Hannity doesn't skip a beat. He points out how democrats such as Senators Kerry and Daschle voted against certain defense-spending bills. What he neglects to inform his readers are the reasons they did because of riders that were attached to the bills, or the number of republicans who also voted against the same bills, or the many defense bills that Kerry and Daschle did vote for. He never once advises his reader of the defense spending programs that were killed by Dick Cheney when he was Secretary of Defense. Such deception is called propaganda.

Propaganda is something that Hannity has no compunction using here. This he does in continuing to tell a tale that has long since been debunked. Namely, it is the story of President Clinton being offered Osama bin Laden by the Sudanese government. Again, it's what he doesn't say that misdirects the reader. Sudan made the offer in the hope of having the economic sanctions against them for slave-trading, lifted. However, the FBI determined that the Sudanese were playing us because they had neither the ability nor the intent of handing over bin Laden. The Sudanese also made the offer to Saudi Arabia, but the Saudis had revoked bin Laden's citizenship, and refused to take him.

He also states that Clinton should have gone after Osama bin Laden employing overt or covert operations. In fact, Clinton tried (and failed) several times to get bin Laden. Unfortunately, the President of the United States forgot to consult or advise this conservative pundit each time he tried. The fact that Bush failed on a grander scale seems to be of little consequence.

Benjamin Franklin said "Statistics is a liar." Hannity uses charts for the same purpose. He shows how under Reagan, the army bought over 500 tanks. Under Clinton, the army bought none. This leads one to the assumption that Clinton did nothing for the services. He doesn't mention that the army buys tanks, not presidents. He doesn't mention the army had all the tanks they needed for armored warfare against the Soviet Union that never came. He doesn't mention that the army began changing its warfare strategies which would include more transportable fighting vehicles.

Be grateful that Hannity cannot rewrite famous works of literature as he attempts to do with history. If he could, instead of seeing a dead Captain Ahab being killed by the whale in "Moby Dick," we might just see a grinning captain standing next to a tethered whale with the caption: "I caught a fish this big!"

There's something very fishy about his facts, his historical parallels which aren't parallel, and what he chooses to tell you, and what he chooses to leave out.

In this book, he tells whale-sized whoppers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Let Character Leadership Education Ring, October 19, 2002
By A Customer
Hi! I just wanted to say, though a little biased himself, Sean Hannity seems to be honest, and seems to be trying to tell it like it is. He's much like Michael Moore, but on the opposite side of the same coin, and not as funny, or outrageous. This is a book that everyone who has read Michael Moore's, "Stupid White Men", should read. And, maybe it's just my small "i" independent thinking, but I really do think both sides ought to get their values back into perspective -- re-institute the standard -- by reading Norman Thomas Remick's metaphore of what it means to be an American, "West Point: Character Leadership Education, A Book Developed From The Readings And Writings Of Thomas Jefferson". Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Liberals, Chill Out!, October 15, 2003
I consider myself a Hannity fan. I listen to his show when I can, watch him on Fox, and have read this book. Even though I am a fan, I sometimes find him slightly shrill and offputting, but basically agree with everything he says. Perhaps the most important thing he stresses in this book is the problem of illegal immigration. Hannity only wants them to immigrate LEGALLY. What's wrong with that?
Also, I have always believed, even when I was a registered Democrat, that the Clintons (especially Hillary) were grandstanding attention mongers (being from Arkansas, I spent a lifetime listening to the drivel spewed from their mouths over the years).
What I've heard in so many of the "1-Star" interviews has nothing to do with the merits of the book itself. It has to do with the vicous ramblings of desperate liberals who, in the immortal words of Nicholson, "can't handle the truth."
Yes, the truth may be presented in a manner which many may find shrill or even offensive, but GET OVER IT!! If you hate Sean Hannity so much, why are you reading the book!? Actually, I don't think that 90% of the negative reviewers here actually DID read the book.
It's fine to disagree but some of the shrill, vicous reviewers here are only serving to further alienate liberals from the rest of the population (please refer to the recent CA recall for a prime example).
Cheers!

4.0 out of 5 stars he always thinks hes right, January 22, 2008
The title of my review is in the promo of his radio show and does aptly describe him. I have listened to Hannity on WABC on my drive home from work each day but only for 1 hour. I have only been partially Hannitized. I have also on occasion watched parts of the Hannity and Colmes show on the Fox News network. Any regular listener of his show would know what to expect in this book. It is a clear and uninterrupted account of his views. The book presents his views on politics, abortion, the war on terrorism, American education, etc. The theme is the danger he sees in members of the liberal left wing of the Democratic Party. He has his facts right and present his case well.
I am a middle of the road Democrat, so there is a "but" coming in my comments. On some issues his interpretation is dead wrong and I think that his tactics somewhat like those of Ann Coulter paint an exaggerated picture of evil and danger on the left just as they rightfully complain about the dangerous and evil picture the Democrats effectively portray of conservatives.

First, I agree with him about the moral decay in the country, I agree that our primary and secondary school education needs an overhaul and I agree that some Democrats like Tom Daschle hold extreme views and could be dangerous if they ascend to the Presidency. I disagree with him on his admiration of Reagan and North and his deamonizing of Hilliary Clinton. Hilliary and Bill Clinton do come across as phonies but their politics is not dangerous to America.

To make my point, Hannity believes that it was Reagan's efforts to build up the Defense Department that led to the end of the cold war. He also thinks that the Democrats that supported unilateral arms reduction put the nation at risk. I see it differently. During the Reagan years I was working for the US Air Force Space Defense program. Everyone knowledgeable on "Star Wars" knew that a missile defense system was dangerous because it would be extremely expensive, impossible to thoroughly test, and probably would not work. Also even to do research in the area was destabilizing because if the Soviets felt they couldn't match us they might strike first fearing that we might do the same when our system was in place.

The nuclear missile build-up was insane. Each side had more than enough arms to destroy the other 10 times over! So SALT and other arms limitation and negotiations provided hope to break the insane cycle of build-up and bring about trust. The threat of an accidental launch that would spiral into a devastating nuclear war was real. The Democrats in proposing unilateral reductions were looking for a way to calm the Soviets fear of us and gain trust that would lead to bilateral disarmament (of course never would we completely eliminate our arsenal). It was not a sign of weakness. Being Macho all the time can cause problems.

Reagan happened to be in the right place at the right time. The Russians spent themselves into bankruptcy trying to keep pace with our missile defense development. Gorbachev came along and was receptive to the peace process. This I think would have happened with a Democrat or a Republican in the White House.

This is a highly entertaining and well researched book. Read it. I think you can trust that Hannity has his facts right. But don't always be taken in by his rhetoric. I think his views do follow those of mainstream America. I agree with him on many issues but do not follow him blindly as many of his regular callers do.

I give him 4 stars for hard work, thought and persuasiveness. He also is kind to Democrats. He even has an extreme leftwinger, Flipper as his call screener. I take one star away because "even when he's wrong he's sure that he is right".

Since the time I first wrote this, I have not kept up much with Sean Hannity. I know he has written other books and promotes the work of Ann Coulter and other extreme conservatives. The Hannity and Colmes show still airs on the Fox News Network. He has also written a few more books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Role Model for All Young Americans, October 7, 2002
Carole A. Beighey (Amelia Island, FL USA) - See all my reviews
Sean's book, LET FREEDOM RING, is an inspiration ... a well-written book clearly defining the differences between the liberal and conservative way of thinking. This is a book all Americans should read and digest. It is thought provoking, shocking, informative and wonderfully patriotic ... teaching principals ... expressing loyalty to the flag and our nation, exhibiting a sound appreciation for our great country and all it stands for ... honoring our heroic patriots and all those courageous citizens who sacrificed their all to keep us free .
Sean is a man of strong principals and moral character, who exhibits a possitive vision for America and faith in our future. He is a defender of family life, of loving and caring for our children and has respect for and values all human life. He believes in equality, stresses education ... and insists we assume full responsibility for our own actions, that through hard work and dicipline all can achieve their dreams ... that all is possible if we strive to make intelligent choices...that freedom does not come without responsibility...that it is dicipline and hard work that breeds success.
I throughly enjoyed reading Sean's book. I respect his principles. We need more patriotic young men like Sean Hannity in this great land of ours. I urge everyone to read how practicing the conservative way can bring success and hopefully peace throughout the world.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great introduction to his show, August 30, 2002
By A Customer
I find it amusing that when ever someone who disagrees with a conservative, they try to defeat him/her by slaming thier character in attempts to destroy them. Over the years that I've watched and listened to his program, he always treats the people that he disagrees with kindness and compassion. This book is no different, essentially his show in written form. He always welcomes an open rational dicussion with other viewpoints. Read this along with Ann Coulter's book, "Slander"

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the greatest books I have ever read, February 20, 2004
If someone did not give this book 5 stars they did not read it. It is so eloquently written and filled with so many quotes and facts that the book needs over 30 pages on footnotes.
I read a lot of political books on both sides of the spectrum and this one stands out as the best. Everyone should read it before forming an opinion... it is literally a life-changing read.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Nicer "Slander", September 5, 2002
Gypsy (detroit, Mi) - See all my reviews
Picked up this book yesterday thinking I'd read a little here and there. Ended up finishing it last night.
Mr. Hannity has created a real page turner with this one, and the slightly left of center to the far-right will have a tough time putting this one down. He writes in a very honest tone and in a manner that is not condescending to the reader, unlike a few of his contemporaries who almost seem to ooze with the "dont you get it!" style of diction. It's refreshing, because I believe many of us do "get it" or at least appreciate not being lectured to like incompetent children.
Why only 4 stars? Well, nothing really new here. Most of the ground he covers has been tread before by other conservative writers and this book is basically another variation on the typical conservative mindset. Nothing wrong with that, but he doesn't have the distinctly unique fire of an Ann Coulter or a Rush Limbaugh.
Overall, a well written diatribe of "Liberty over Liberalism". Bravo Mr. Hannity!

5.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive and inteligent analysis of the issues., October 26, 2002
My political stance is more libertarian, however I found Sean's book to be a compelling analysis of the issues facing America, both present and past. Sean does not come off as a 'Republican Apologist', and we all know there is no shortage of stupidity and corruption from either side of the political spectrum. "Let Freedom Ring" was encouraging to me, and did challenge me in a few places. I encourage anyone biased against Sean Hannity by way of "Hannity and Colmes" or his talk show to check it out.

Let Freedom Ring: Winning the War of Liberty over Liberalism
Let Freedom Ring: Winning the War of Liberty over Liberalism by Sean Hannity (Paperback - February 17, 2004)
$14.99 $12.48