5.0 out of 5 stars Let It Go hits a home run!
Published on March 7, 2012 by Dr. Evans

3.0 out of 5 stars Forgiveness is a gift you give yourself
Published on May 17, 2012 by Karen Davis

5.0 out of 5 stars Let It Go hits a home run!, March 7, 2012
T.D. Jakes does it again! His new book, Let It Go, hits a home run! Poignantly drawing from the concept of forgiveness as a "big idea," T.D. Jakes explores how unforgiveness is a learned behavior that can become a cancer of the soul that metastasizes if gone unchecked. He encourages each of us to perform an "emotional self-examination" to prevent unresolved issues from multiplying. In his own words, "reading this book may be the most important step you can take right now toward personal healing and professional advancement." Refuse to let unforgiveness (big or small) stand in between you and your future happiness and success. Buy this book. Read this book. Share this book. It will change your life...forever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Forgive!, March 17, 2012
A&D (Boston, MA, USA) - See all my reviews
T.D. Jakes has written another great book. In this new one he explores how unforgiveness is actually a learned behavior. If you don't forgive, then that issue can eat you inside like a cancer. He encourages to let it go, forgive, let your life go on.... it's better for yourself if you forgive so you can continue your life, and also so that you can be forgiven, too.

In his own words: "Forgiveness is essential if we are to grow into the fullness of who God created us to be...When we refuse to forgive, we basically insist on setting our standards higher than God's".
"Forgiveness isn't about weakening you but strengthening you to live again and love again performing at your highest capacity unencumbered by yesterday's maladies."

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for all people, not just Christians!, March 30, 2012
This book had me and my husband really talking about our pasts hurts and our need to stop the effect from passing on to our children. If a book can get a truly stoic Southern man to talk...its a must read!

3.0 out of 5 stars Forgiveness is a gift you give yourself, May 17, 2012
Karen Davis (ROGERSVILLE, MO, US) - See all my reviews
If you are having difficulty letting something go or forgiving someone, this book may give you the push to help you accomplish the goal. I was concerned about long-term resentment due to my difficulty in letting something go and the information helped me reach my goal. I have always respected what T.D. Jakes says in interviews and felt his opinions are intelligent, logical and well thought out. I was really looking forward to reading this book after reading all the positive reviews. Unfortunately, I found his writing style a little tiresome as his points were wrapped up in analogies. I love when authors make a point and then provide a quick analogy or joke to drive it home (like Joel Osteen). That way I can underline the main points so I can reread the book quickly at a later date to refresh myself. I believe the book could have made the points much more easily in a much shorter format. This book may be a difficult read for people who do not have a large vocabulary as the author uses more collegiate words which most people do not use in every day communication. The book does explain why it is important to forgive everyone everything as that is a gift you give yourself so that anger, hurt, hate, etc do not poison your life, happiness and relationships. It is a matter of acceptance and moving forward, not excusing the person of their bad choice or behavior. The point of the book is very good and has skills which would be of benefit to everyone. I would have given the book 5 stars for the points it makes, 3-4 stars for writing style and a 3 for reading enjoyment, so overall 3.5. It is worth reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars very powerful, March 22, 2012
how does one truly move on? forgive and prayer. so many struggles and so many other forces are judging you, however there are times to just move on, life is too short to dwell and roast in bitterness. TD Jakes has a book that just speaks to that and thensome. very uplifting and powerful

5.0 out of 5 stars Be prepared to go into the deep!, March 20, 2012
I thought I had forgiven and let go all the difficulties of the past but this book made me realize I only allowed a scab to form to mask the pain and broken trust simmering beneath! I asked God to completely heal me so I can move forward and receive everything He has intended for me! We unknowingly block the gates to blessings when we close them off to protect ourselves. The only way to live is to be free and this book is a powerful tool in that process! I will NEVER be the same and I thank God for it! Have the courage to go deeper than the surface. The surface can be misleading... God is getting ready to unblock my flow! Thank you Bishop Jakes!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must!!!, March 6, 2012
Utterly readable & truly inspiring. Two thumbs up!!! This is one that you'll be referencing & re-reading for a long time to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, Let the Hurts Go!, July 12, 2012
Let It Go is written to provide enormous benefits to readers who are having trouble with forgiving offences. Offences come in petty and gigantic life alteration displayed by our actions, words, and unspoken expectations. No matter if the offences occurred as big or small, if unforgiveness consumes and plagues our hearts it will hinder our growth. Unforgiveness unchecked affects our relationship with our spouses, our children, our family members, our work environment, the ability to truly connect and fellowship with church members, and any other person we interactive with daily. We may think those around us aren't suffering from our bitterness and hurt. But our relationships need our commitment to forgive and let offences go. Bishop Jakes believed forgiveness is a "big idea" and it takes a great Eagle like thinking to forgive ourselves and others. Bishop Jakes affirmed that unforgiveness is the hidden cancer of the soul eating us alive and stopping us from living. Most people don't deal with the cancer that they can cure! We often fail to comprehend that you can't be in relationships that won't produce some conflict along the way. Disappointments, hurts, offences will happen and moving through the pain and healing enable us to live.

Bishop Jakes described that most people haven't showed others the 100 percent of themselves. Most of us don't even realize that we have put up walls around our hearts. If we would let the bitterness go we would be a new person, a better spouse, a better employee, church member, pastor, and friend! Forgiving ourselves for our failures and shortcomings is the first step in experiencing freedom and extending our love out to others. The Bible says, "To love God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength, and to love our neighbor as we love ourselves" (Matthew 37-39) (Page 186). You can't give away forgiveness and love if you haven't received God's love and forgiveness. It's extremely vital you love and forgive the person he created! Once you have accepted his mercy, then you can extend that same forgiveness to other people who have betrayed you.

Bishop Jakes illustrated that we have four types of wounded warriors. They are the insulator, isolator, the inhibitor, and the bully. This book proved to me that I was an isolator and that I would withdraw in conflict and pain. I feared rejection that people would treat me just like the other person treated me. I thought hiding from the past experience of pain would fix the issue and protect my heart from being disappointment ever again. This book has helped me to start living free again without letting the disappointments and hurts run and control my everyday life. You have an obligation from God to love others and to forgive others, why don't you start doing it?

I would recommend getting this enriching life changing book resource and add it to your collection. This book is for anyone who is holding on to unforgiveness whether it is pain in your childhood, relationships, marriage, church, employment, or any other type of pain. This book is not for the people who can't stand to hear the truth and hate to read a message about forgiveness. Bishop Jakes doesn't hold back, you better brace yourself and be open and willing to deal with the issues and roots! This book is wrote as a how to forgive, how to move forward, and how the effects of unforgiveness can be deadly. I have personally brought into the lie that if I forgive people who have caused me heartache that they are getting away with hurting me. I thought that I was allowing them to continue in their ways without punishment. But who am I do inflict the same pain they put me through. God gets me mercy every day and I need to give them mercy. I loved how Bishop Jakes preached the truth with conviction and he included magnificent Biblical support. This book revealed so much helpful information of forgiving and moving forward with my life. I will be keeping this book close to me and I will be reading it when new offences try to make me buy into the bitterness root again. You don't have to remain stuck as a chicken and living at less than 100 percent of your true free self. An Eagle living at 100 percent captivity can be achieved for any man or woman who is willing to forgive and rise above the adversities that we encounter! This book changed my life and I pray that it changes yours too! Freedom is arriving! Are you ready?

5.0 out of 5 stars So needed but I LOVE it x 10!!!, March 1, 2012
I downloaded this on Tuesday after hearing Bishop on the Steve Harvey Morning show! I am only in Chapter 1, because I'm not able to just fly through this book because I am self evaluating myself in the process! It's very powerful!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! Made a huge and positive impact on my life!, May 13, 2012
The biggest thing that this book talks about is forgiveness and patience. If you just get stuck in the past and can't forgive and move on, then you just might miss out on the biggest opportunity of your life. It's hard sometimes to forgive someone, but it's just something that you have to do. Someone does something that you don't like and it makes you upset. You need to learn to forgive that person and keep moving forward. You have to stop thinking negative and about what you could have or should have done. You have to say I can or will do something and just go for it. It can be very scary to just let go of the past and move on. What that person did is probably not even as bad as you think or for the reasons you think. You need to do yourself a favor and forgive. Don't just forgive that person, but forgive yourself if you treated this person unfairly. Hopefully they have it in their heart to forgive as well. Do this, and your life could be changed forever for the better. You have to keep your attitude in check. Also, do not compare your life to anyone else. God is giving you opportunities.

This book came to me at the perfect time in my life. I had some things happen and I let them get to me. While I was reading this book, I was really thinking about the situation and that I really needed to forgive. Thank you T.D. Jakes for writing this awesome book that made a big impact in my life! I highly recommend this book!

Cheryl
Black Diamond's Book Reviews

Let It Go: Forgive So You Can Be Forgiven
Let It Go: Forgive So You Can Be Forgiven by T. D. Jakes (Paperback - January 29, 2013)
$16.00 $9.28