5.0 out of 5 stars Tons of songs to choose from..something for everyone!
Published on December 10, 1999 by howitzer

3.0 out of 5 stars I have heard better from MxPx
MxPx is my fav band I own almost all of their cd's and i must say this is the worst! I have given all the other cd's of theirs 5 stars and 4 stars but i am forced to give this cd 3!
Published on May 5, 1999

5.0 out of 5 stars Tons of songs to choose from..something for everyone!, December 10, 1999
"howitzer" (Vancouver, WA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Let It Happen (Audio CD)
This is definately one of those CDs where you may have to do a little track skipping to play all your favorite songs in one sitting. However...with 32 tracks, that takes nothing away from the overall quality of MxPx's sweet compilation of B-sides, unreleased material, and different versions of released songs. There is so much to choose from...from the melodic pop-punk of GSF to the old school MxPx style of Small Town Minds. Not to mention a few of the alternate versions of songs released on previous albums...such as Chick Magnet, Do Your Feet Hurt, Want Ad, South Bound, and a few others. Oh yeah...and out-takes from songs they considered putting on On The Cover,all written by different artists, but played to the awesome punk music of MxPx. Like Sick Boy, Swing Set Girl, Never Learn, Begin To Start, and Oh, Donna. Definately worth the money. Although if you are just starting out on MxPx...go grab Life In General and Slowly Going The Way Of The Buffalo First. Get this CD third.

5.0 out of 5 stars unreleased and hard to find mxpx songs, June 15, 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Let It Happen (Audio CD)
first off i'd like to let some of you know that this is not mxpx's follow up to slowly going the way of the buffalo.it's not new at all.all these songs have either been b'sides/outtakes/unreleased or just plain hard to find.alot of the songs are from the 7" mxpx released over the years.the cover songs(social d's sick boy,ritchie valens donna and a few others were on the 10"double lp for on the cover)alot of these songs are not new to mxpx fans.there are a few unreleased songs on here and a few cool alternate versions(want ad is better on the first mxpx album)and it's cool to finally have all these songs on one cd(and not have to go to the 7" to hear the songs)but this isn't really nothing new.but it is mxpx and it does rock and the songs sound way better,and clearer on cd than lp.if you're wondering mxpx has a live album,at the show(recorded at dc,i was there at that show and philly shows last september)out july 27th and are working on a new album now in seatle for release at the end of 1999-early 2000.-jason harshman

5.0 out of 5 stars Deserve more credit than they get., December 24, 1999
Brian (Cleveland, OH) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Let It Happen (Audio CD)
With the sudden explosion of Blink 182, you think this would pave the way for all punk bands. Well, as of yet, it hasn't. Bands like MxPx and Home Grown have just as much or better music than Blink 182. "Let It Happen" proves this. See for yourself. MxPx is great punk band!

4.0 out of 5 stars I don't care if you call me lame, April 12, 2006
M. C Wright "It Is He!" (Indianapolis, IN USofA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Let It Happen (Audio CD)
Okay I hadn't listened to this album for three years and one day whilst putting old cd's on my beloved ipod I came across this. My body told me no, for it is MXPX a crybaby band. But my mind gave me reason, for I had enjoyed this cd in my younger years and unfairly turned my back on it. So I said screw it and put it on the ol' pod. So later I'm in my car and I'm like screw it let's see if I still can get down with this and as if it was magic I played the first song and still rememered the chorus and everything! So I rolled down the windows and shouted them out and got busy. So yeah this is a great cd, it's some really catchy fun pop punk and it's... I dunno it's just good. This was back when bands actually you know, had fun and made ALBUMS instead of concepts each time they hit the studio. I'm sorry but lately it's been quite a sad state of affiars. So this stands the test of time, sure the Small Town Small Mind 7" was poored incredably poorly and some of the tracks are real dogs (like that damn Elvis is Dead son) but it's great. Think about those songs you loved in high school, GSF, Swing Set Girl, Never Learn, Sick Boy and such. If they ever made an infomertial for this cd it'd star with something like this:

"Do you remeber your high school days? Such times when the only true friend you had was your cd collection and handful of crappy 7 inches? Well my friend let me show you a product that will bring back those bittersweet moments..."

4.0 out of 5 stars Their punkest years....., January 24, 2003
This review is from: Let It Happen (Audio CD)
........some people get mad of them cuz they're christians or something...and yeah they became quite preppie with the ever passing moment but Fu...Th...Sh..!this album compilates their greatest punk,emo and hardcore moments....yeah tons of songs..and old school rare demos support this nice album....I love NOFX and Rancid and all those bands....but these guys are somehow different from them..........but they're good too.......you should buy some of their other records too....including an ep that they did for Fat Wreck Chords

5.0 out of 5 stars Let it be Known, April 17, 2001
GCgirl13 (Kentucky United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Let It Happen (Audio CD)
Let it be known that this IS THE GREATEST MXPX CD EVER!!! Now that I have that out of my system let's be serous, This is an awesome CD the 32 tracks are almost all play through, you can love the song and play it over and over or you can go through all 70 something minutes of the CD. I haven't heard any better songs and I think some aren't orginally MxPx songs but what the heck, MxPx make the songs better. If you haven't heard or listened to MxPx you haven't lived, they're the best band hands down. If you like this one try The Ever Passing Moment their newest, CD even though they're going to have a new one out soon! So whip out your credit card and Buy this great CD, you won't be sorry!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best!, March 24, 2003
This review is from: Let It Happen (Audio CD)
This is one of the best CDs ever made! this was the first mxpx cd that i ever bought, and theyre now one of my favorite bands. this cd has something for everyone, and it is one of the best punk cds ive ever heard. the title track "let it happen" is my favorite song ever, and GSF, south bound, life in general, do your feet hurt, move to bremerton, so kill me, and chick magnet are just a few of the awesome songs on this album. i would recommend this cd to anyone who has an interest in punk music, and dont be thrown off by the fact that they're a christian band, because i couldnt tell, and i didnt know until i bought my third cd from them. MXPX ROX!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great cd by a great band, February 21, 2003
PunkInDrublic88 (Lindenhurst, NY, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Let It Happen (Audio CD)
MxPx is defenitly one of the best punk bands out there today, and this cd doesn't dissapoint you, with 32 tracks you know atleast 10 of them are going to be amazing, not even including their covers. There cover songs alone are amazing, such as there cover of Socoial Distortion's sick boy. I've only gotten into social distortion a year ago, which was because of hearing mxpx's cover. But as good as this cd is i only gave it a 4 out of 5 because MxPX defenitly have better cds out, such as Teenage politics, slowly going the way of the buffalo, and 10 years and running. But all and all it's still a top pick from a top band. =}

5.0 out of 5 stars Think of the irony, December 20, 2002
"xxlessthanfishxx" (Bristol, IN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Let It Happen (Audio CD)
"let It Happen" by MxPx is not what it was supposed to be. MxPx was origionaly a small christian punk band on a small label called "Tooth and Nail Records", a Christian rock label. MxPx played fast, powerful, cheezy, and catchy punk rock that defined a generation of "what happenned to are youth?". They were a little known underground band stuck with their name because of poor handwriting. In the late 90s they signed to a major label and soon after released a horrible album titled "The Everpassing Moment". This album was a major blow to early fans of MxPxs great harmony in songs made entirely of fast drums and power chords. Surprise surprise. Kids with little interest in the underground scene or punk rock were standing in front of a doorway if they further continued interest in MxPx's music and became exposed to early releases by the pop-punk trio. Meanwhile, MxPx was becoming increasingly popular in the mainstream crowd. It happenned to Green Day, it happenned to The Offspring. Finally, MxPx got a break. Just when you thought they were leaving their fast punk roots, behind. TaN(and MxPx), in interest of making lots of money off of the band's big break, through together a few old rare or unrealeased tracks. Easy money. However, what neither were expecting, was an album that came off stronger than any of the band's or Tooth and Nail's other larger releases. This album came off as a perfect 90s punk album. Many bands attempted to make a punk essential like their forefathers The Sex Pistols, Operation Ivy, The Ramones, The Clash, The Misfits ETC. but little could pull it off in the punk scene constantly changing and the music becoming more fitted to a popular sound. This cd is a album that all my friends and me own, and do not even question if it is one of their favorites.It may be a new school pop-punk album, but it is just as essential as Operation Ivy to me.32 wonderful songs full of eregy, cheez, and no room for fillers. All the songs are different and origional. If you don't already own this. Hurry, before I find out!

4.0 out of 5 stars Let it Happen, June 8, 2002
MxPxfan (Greenville, SC USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Let It Happen (Audio CD)
This isn't Mxpx's best, but it is still really good. I'm not disappointed that I bought it. Better than Slowly Going the way of the Buffalo. It's a bit repetitive and some of the songs sound the same, but there are still alot of good tracks. With 32 on there it would be rip off if they didn't. If you are new to MxPx buy Ten Years and Running first, then this one. Keep on rockin MxPx and Let it Happen!!!!!!

Let It Happen