Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Let It Snow: Three Holiday Romances
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

on December 24, 2015
There are three holiday stories in this book and I will review each induvidually

The Jubilee Express by Maureen Johnson rating:2/5 stars
I found this book very boring because it was one small plot that was expanded. Jubilee is hurt because she feels like her "flawless" boyfriend does't give her enough attention and after a speech by Stuart(not her boyfriend) at the end, she finally breaks up with him. I didn't understand why she didn't make her boyfriend talk to her right away if he keeps uses lame excuses to avoid her when she was dealing with a lot of crisis. The ending was also predictable as well.

A Cheertastic Christmas Miracle by John Green. Rating: 4/5 stars
I liked this story. It was a nice and funny story about the three best friends Tobin, JP and the Duke. I especially loved the Duke's character because she was a feminist and wad not afraid of not being a stereotypical girl. I did not expect what happened to her at the ending which showed an emotional side of her. This was definetely my favorite story of Let It Snow

The Patron Saint Of Pigs by Lauren Myracle. Rating:1/5 stars
Too much whining!!! It's about Addie that tries to get over a break up and I understand that it's hard, but she is literally crying through half of the story and tries to get a teacup pig for her friend in the rest of the story(which I do not understand why it is a part of the plot). She complains all the time about how he never showed that he loved her, yet she cries about how she misses him so much! This was just annoying. At the end they have reunion and the problem is solved out of nowhere. This was just poorly written.

To summarize; first one was boring, the second was good and the third was just awful.
on December 29, 2009
It pains me to give this a three, but the book doesn't warrant higher because of the deep inequality of the three stories. John Green's story is great. It's witty, quirky, and his voice shines through. I was unfamiliar with the author two authors, but their stories failed to resonate with me. I especially disliked the third story. The girl came across as whiny, and I was disappointed in the author's execution. The first story is fine, but rather unremarkable.

Bottom line. Buy this for the John Green story. He really is a fantastic writer. I urge you to pick up Looking for Alaska, also written by him.
on July 7, 2015
Though the snowdrifts are high, love still manages to make its way through to these stranded teens. Told in three installments by three of the best-known Young Adult authors today, Let It Snow is a heart-warming set of intertwined stories that confirm the joy of a little snow, a change of plans and Christmas.

In the first story, The Jubilee Express by Maureen Johnson, sixteen-year-old Jubilee Dougal's intention to spend Christmas Eve with her boyfriend, Noah, is upended when she finds out that her parents, who were waiting in line to add to their Flobie Village set, have been jailed because of an ensuing melee that broke out over this year's piece. She has one hour to pack and get on a train to Florida to stay with her grandparents until her parents get released. On her way, the train is disabled by a large snowdrift, and she finds herself stuck in Gracetown, North Carolina. They will be stuck there at least until the morning, so when she sees a Waffle House not too far away, she heads that way.

There she meets Stuart, who keeps her company on his way home from work. He invites her to come and stay at his house, saying that his mother would never forgive him if he didn't offer. Along the way, Jubilee has to face some facts about her current relationship. Is she happy?

Next is A Cheertastic Christmas Miracle by John Green. We see another side of the Waffle House when fourteen cheerleaders descend upon it from the same train. The high schoolers in charge of the diner call their guy friends to come, but they have to race to get there. Only the fastest group bringing the game of Twister will gain admittance. Tobin and JP are up for the challenge, but their other best (girl) friend, known as the Duke (long story) has to be talked into going with promises of hot, cheesy, onion-y hash browns.

Over the course of the evening, trying to make it up the big hill in the family minivan and racing the Reston Twins (fraternal), realizations are made with regard to feelings and hopes and attraction. And how taking a chance can be risky but ultimately rewarding.

The last story, The Patron Saint of Pigs by Lauren Myracle, ties everything up in a neat bundle. For Jubilee had met a sad Jeb on the train. He's not sure he still has a girlfriend, so he's miserable. But his gf/former gf/status unknown, Addie, is even more unhappy, especially when she is hit with some truth bombs about her self-centeredness. Certainly they're not serious! She just has a lot of drama. But there's an angel in the form of a senior citizen, a teacup pig and a journey that she needs to go on in order to even hope to get Jeb back. He's the love of her life and she is heartbroken without him. But is he done with her for good?

Really, there is nothing but good story here. I always love a tale where the stories are mashed up and you get to see things from all angles. It's certainly very clever and what's best is that the voices don't change from one writer to the next. It is seamless and hopeful and perfect.

Let It Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson and Lauren Myracle was published October 2, 2008 by Speak. I spent my hard-earned money on this. Gladly.

Rating: 4

Genre: Young Adult Fiction Contemporary Romance
Ages: 13 and up
on June 7, 2013
With John Green as the author, you can't go wrong! Very well written book. If you like John Green as an author, you won't be disappointed with his writing on this book. This shipment arrived in excellent condition and arrived before the date I was promised.
Make yourself a nice cup of hot cocoa and get a warm blanket and then, prepare yourself for a nice holiday story.

Since it's the holidays, I really wanted to read some kind of Christmas-y book. So, I texted my friend/swimming buddy and asked to borrow this book. I'm so glad that I got to read this one. It is written by some pretty amazing authors: Maureen Johnson, John Green and Lauren Myracle and each their stories are unique and different.

The first part of the book, The Jubilee Express, Maureen Johnson's part of the book sets up the story for the book. We meet Jubilee, who is named after a piece from the Flobie Santa Village -a series of collectable ceramic holiday pieces. After her parents get thrown in jail, which had to do with those same Flobie pieces, Jubilee takes a train to go to her grandparents for Christmas and she hates that she has to leave her boyfriend behind. The train gets delayed in Gracetown because of the blizzard. She meets a guy named Jeb, who has relationship problems of his own and on the train there are a bunch of cheerleaders which Jubilee can not stand so she heads to The Waffle House. From there thats when the story really takes off. She meets a guy and over the next 24 hours or so, she makes some decisions regarding her boyfriend. The ending was cute!

My favorite story to read was the second part of the book. A Cheertastic Christmas is John Green's part of the book and it is incredibly funny! Tobin, JP, and the Duke (Angie) are enjoying a James Bond movie marathon until they get a call from their friend telling them to come to The Waffle House. The guys are all for it, as there are bunch of cheerleaders stuck there for the night and the Duke tags along as well. Due to the fact that there happened to be a blizzard outside, it took a little longer than expected. I absolutely loved reading about their adventure. It was a bit predictable with what was going to happen with the characters, but I enjoyed it a lot.

I was quite surprised by the last story in the book, The Patron Saints of Pigs, which is written by Lauren Myracle. Addie feels that her boyfriend Jeb is great and all, but doesn't pay her enough attention and wants him to change. Then, one night at a party, Addie finds herself kissing another guy and immediately regrets it. Jeb and her sort of go through a breakup and Addie tries to find away to get him back. I loved that this story was about Addie realizing that she needed to change her ways and stop being so self-absorbed. Addie works at Starbucks and one of her regular costumers helps her out unexpectedly and Addie is able to stop thinking only of herself.

I loved how all the stories came together. I thought that was pretty clever. It was really interesting seeing the POV from the main character from each story and seeing them interact with the characters from the other stories. I expected the romances to be fluffy and cutesy. However, all 3 of the romances are realistic as the couples go through breakups and a lot of other things.
on January 27, 2016
The final story dragged on and on to the point when the characters from the other stories popped in, I had no idea what story they were from or anything. The ending felt very rushed to throw in all the characters and I had to flip back and see who was who. All three authors are fantastic writers but the ending is what killed how much I enjoyed the book
on October 17, 2015
At the recommendation of a friend, I read Let It Snow, by John Green, Maureen Johnson, and Lauren Myracle. When I picked up the book, I was pleased to find that I would be exposed to a co-written piece of literature, since I have never read a book with multiple authors before. Let It Snow is a captivating book that l devoted all of my free time to reading; I simply could not put it down! It takes place during my favorite time of the year, Christmas. Reading this book put me in the holiday spirit and I kept thinking I would see snow falling each time I looked out the window. Unfortunately, because I read the book in September, this hope of mine was not fulfilled, but that just means I will have to re-read it when December finally rolls around. Let It Snow is divided into thirds, with each author writing their own short section, however the stories are intertwined with one another in the bigger picture of the novel. First comes Maureen Johnson’s, “The Jubilee Express,” then John Green’s, “A Cheertastic Christmas Miracle,” finally wrapping up with Lauren Myracle’s, “The Patron Saint of Pigs.” I would rank the short stories respectively in that order, with Maureen Johnson setting incredibly high standards, which John Green and Lauren Myracle were unable to match. I’m a fan of John Green, but was hoping that this novel would be written differently than his traditional work, but that was not the case. I have never read anything by Lauren Myracle and based on this short story, I probably won’t rush out to read her other books. Overall, I still really enjoyed this novel. I could easily relate to the characters and would recommend this novel to anyone looking for a light holiday romance that will leave you feeling good!
on November 17, 2014
When I first got the book I thought it would be this “three-books-in-one” type of book, but it turned out to be this three chained holiday stories all piled up in to one! This is my first book that was written by three authors and I thought it’s pretty creative. The authors were able to express their writing styles on a section of the story where the were assigned to. In order to make the story look like it was written by one author, they managed to mutualized their individual styles and at the same time they also showed their own spark. The authors applied the modern lifestyle that is relevant today in their characters. Such as how the characters talk to each other and what is around them. For example, Starbucks, Target, iPods, teen relationships etc. which personally, I really enjoyed reading.

The book started off with the first holiday romance of Jubilee Dougal and Stuart Weintraub, written by the first author, Maureen Johnson. Johnson titled the first holiday romance as “The Jubilee Express”, which completely makes sense to the story since it started off when Jubilee’s train had to make a stop in a town called “Gracetown” due to a blizzard and ended up in a waffle house on Christmas Eve, where she met a target employee name Stuart Weintraub. Then the book transitioned to the next holiday romance of Tobin and “The Duke”, and written by one of my favorite authors! John Green. Green started the story off with three best friends named Tobin, the Duke, also known as Angie, and JP. The three of them casually sitting on a couch doing a movie marathon on Christmas Eve, then ended up on a “waffle house race” on a blizzard! And lastly, the book transitioned to the last holiday romance titled “The Patron Saint of Pigs”, written by Lauren Myracle. Myracle started off with a heartbroken teenager named Addie that is going through a crisis after breaking up with her good-looking boyfriend, Jeb. Throughout the story Addie pulls herself together, proved everybody she knew that she’s not what they thought she were and was able to have a Christmas Miracle. Others may not like the book since it is written by three authors, research about them so you won’t be disappointed. As I read this book, I never wanted to stop reading it! If could bring this while I’m in the shower I would! If you LOVE the holidays and you’d like to read some love stories that one of them is written by John Green, Maureen Johnson or Lauren Myracle, then this is PERFECT for you!
on October 22, 2015
Let it Snow is an adorable, heartwarming trio of stories all set during the same snowstorm in a small East Coast town. I picked it up because I adore Maureen Johnson's novels (and her story in here was- no surprise- my favorite of the three). But it's also my first brush with John Green, who is the kind of author that's so popular, I avoided him because I didn't want to be disappointed by too much hype. But his story was pretty awesome as well. The only one that fell a little short was Lauren Myracle's. And to be honest, that's mostly just because her main character is deliberately unlikeable (she goes through a transformation to make her worthy of a world-class love). All three stories have typical romance formulas. Nothing here is groundbreaking, or polished to a sheen. But they ARE very sweet, and perfect for the season.

If you're looking for a quick read to get you in the holiday spirit (or keep it going), including hope, redemption, friendship, silly adventures and (of course) sweet, new love, I recommend it.
on July 7, 2013
Ok, some observations: 1) Yes, I laughed out loud while reading this book; 2) Love, love John Green anything 3) it's like A Seinfeld episode, the 3 stories get connected and tied together at the end and you are smiling because of it. Don't wait for winter or Christmas...read it now for an enjoyable ride!