5.0 out of 5 stars At last, a book on homeopathy even I can understand!, February 7, 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Let Like Cure Like: The Definitive Guide to the Healing Powers of Homeopathy (Hardcover)
This book is a belated find for me, but "better late than never" is an understatement! The author, Vinton McCabe, speaks in such a way and graciously shares his personal experiences so as to put the reader at ease with a subject that has been surrounded by misinformation and misunderstanding. I truly related to Mr McCabe's 1950s childhood (asthma and allergies) and his pursuit into adulthood for the 'cure' by traditional medicine, and his discovery that the whole person must be treated.
The meat of the book of course, is the wealth of information presented in clear, comprehensible text - that is ENJOYABLE to read! I have recommended "Let Like Cure Like" to family, friends, coworkers, and I highly recommend it to anyone even slightly interested in homeopathy or 'alternative' approaches to wellness. Be Well!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best books on homeopathy, November 28, 1999
This book is truly a gem and the author, Vinton McCabe, is a real genius.
I am 31 years old and I have been treated with homeopathy since my birth. During my lifetime, I have seen many, many different homeopaths (in Belgium, France, Germany, Switzerland and lately in the States).
I have read also a great deal on homeopathy. For me, this book presents the best description of the essence, the spirit of major homeopathic remedies. I have learnt so much from these descriptions, for myself, my wife and children.
Homeopathy can really cure you at your deepest level. This is not for a superficial, quick fix. Homeopathy is really beautiful. It is life. It is sad that it is today so misunderstood and so rarely practiced. However, if you truly want to heal at every level, homeopathy will do so. It just requires patience, understanding and courage.
You will not regret buying this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical, Readable, and Enlightening!, September 4, 2010
E.V. Debs (Waukegan, IL) - See all my reviews
Most homeopathic books on the market are filled with jargon and concepts that are hard to understand. McCabe's book had much clarity and was informative and entertaining. By combining excerpts from his own life history with his extensive knowledge base of homeopathy, McCabe brings natural treatments into the 21st century. While reading the different profiles, I was able to recognize myself (aresenicum) and others quite readily. It was amazing to witness the accuracy of the different remedy types. Readers are going to enjoy this book, even if they aren't familiar with homeopathy.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent reading material, most informative, May 4, 1999
By A Customer
I first found the book at the library. I, personally have learn a great deal from this book. The information is very understandable. I just purchased this book and look forward to receiving more books by Vinton McCabe.

Let Like Cure Like: The Definitive Guide to the Healing Powers of Homeopathy