5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely terrific band, fantastic album!, July 22, 2010
B. Karney (Santa Clarita, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Let Loose the Horses (Audio CD)
I have been a longstanding fan of Gabriel Mann, so when I learned that he had joined forces with three other singer-songwriters to form The Rescues, I pre-ordered the album and played it the day it arrived.

It's terrific. You would never know this is a debut album -- this is a mature work by a powerful collection of artists.

The mode is somewhere in a neighborhood where pop, rock, and folk come together. It unquestionably contemporary songwriting, but if you demand something to compare it to, I might say it sounds like an album Fleetwood Mac might have produced if they were working today. Each of the four members take turns on lead vocals, and each is great in a different way. This is music for a summer night, music to play in the car with the top down.

I have now been listening to it constantly for days. You will too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it! You'll be happy you did!, July 6, 2010
This review is from: Let Loose the Horses (Audio CD)
So, I've been a fan of Kyler England for a long time. A few years back I went to see her when she was touring solo. She said that she had recorded an album with The Rescues (Crazy Ever After). I bought it...loved it...still listen to it. It's like a sonic pop menagerie. If you like power-pop/rock with awesome harmonies, then you will LOVE The Rescues. Now, they have released their follow-up record, and I must say that it's even more amazing. This band really blows me away. Their music is like a bag of potato chips, I defy you to listen to it just once. I mean, one listen to 'Before The Fall', 'Start a Riot' or 'Stay Over', and you'll be hitting the replay button over and over. This is a solid band of musicians and songwriters who can sing the heck of their songs. Catch them on their way up! Trust me...listen to the clips...buy the album...you'll be glad you did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Some incredibly interesting and fresh music!, February 4, 2011
This review is from: Let Loose The Horses (MP3 Music)
I heard their version of Teenage Dream and I really enjoyed how they toned, it and stripped it down. They put on some killer vocals and that is what made me buy the album. I heard 2 previews then decided to buy it. It was that good. I'm still listening to it right now as I write this review but some of my standout favorites so far is: City and the River, Follow Me Back Into the Sun, Stay Over and Stranger Keeper. The whole album is outstanding but I really like the second half of the album.
These guys are brilliant writers and musicians, and if this is just their first debut album, then I can't wait to hear more from them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hands down...the best album of the year!!!, October 26, 2010
TheVanMan (Bensalem, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Let Loose the Horses (Audio CD)
Rare is the pop album that captures you from the outset and keeps you enthralled until the final note, but such is the case with this brilliant offering from The Rescues.

Using simple, one-word descriptions....the songwriting is amazing. The instrumentation, flawless. The vocals, breathtaking.

My musical tastes run the gamut, but this instantly made the list of my favorite albums of all time. Yes, you read right...OF ALL TIME!!!

Pick this up now, and while you're at it get a few copies for your friends and family. You will love it, and they will love you for giving them such a wonderful gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great new artists (to me at least), January 6, 2011
Tony "TW" (Snellville, GA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Let Loose the Horses (Audio CD)
Wow! These guys are terrific!
I stumbled on these guys/gals listening to some Grey's anatomy soundtracks and was smitten.
A touch of folk, rock and country. If I had to choose who sounds similar I guess it might be Lady Antebellum/Gloriana just not as country and a bit more hip.
I'm a fan and look forward to their future music and any concerts in the Atlanta area!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cannot Rate Highly Enough, November 12, 2012
This review is from: Let Loose the Horses (Audio CD)
The Rescues really broke out with "Let Loose the Horses", so in anticipation of the debugged pre-release of their new album, what could be better than going over their older material?
Getting four brilliant musicians and singers to collaborate is a maddening task. Each member of The Rescues has a strong, independent career, but instead of bringing hubris and conflict, these four lend their beautiful voices, outstanding musicianship, and titanic compositional skill to create an album that sets a new standard for the concept of harmony.
The titular "Let Loose the Horses" introduces the track with a strong beat, fantastic harmonies, and crashing and ebbing sound like a storm but with fierce, fiery lyrics. Impressively, each track brings something new to the table, adding on to the wide variety of sounds attributable to The Rescues, but not one note goes awry. Granted, this may be a matter of taste, but for this reviewer, LLtH shines brilliantly from beginning to end. This album is worth a buy at any price, and Amazon's is more than reasonable.
A special nod belongs to "Break Me Out", a stand-out song on a stand-out album that, if it were better-known, would find itself more than an emotionally moving piece of art, but a generational anthem.
Without a doubt, Let Loose the Horses deserves every rating star I can give it and then some.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of great songs, June 13, 2012
This review is from: Let Loose the Horses (Audio CD)
This is the second album of The Rescues that I bought and I love both! The songs are great and fun to sing along to, and belt out when you feel like it.

Can't wait for their next album!

5.0 out of 5 stars WoW, February 11, 2012
This review is from: Let Loose the Horses (Audio CD)
What an amazing album. I heard the song Follow Me Back Into The Sun on Private Practice. I took sometime to listen to the whole album and it does not disappoint. It is a great modern day rock album.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, July 5, 2014
It came as advertised.

Let Loose the Horses
Let Loose the Horses by The Rescues (Audio CD - 2010)