Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Beach House Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Now Deal of the Day

Lethal Legacy: A Novel (Guardians of Justice) (Volume 3)
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:$12.90+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on August 14, 2012
Irene Hannon brings her Guardians of Justice series to a romantic and suspenseful ending with Lethal Legacy. Each one of the books in the series has been awesome--though, personally, Deadly Pursuit tops them all for me! All of the books I've read by Hannon have an intense, pulse-pounding and thrilling adventure that is sure to make stay awake late into the night!

From the previous books featuring Jake and Allison, I'd already gotten to know their brother Cole a little bit and was intrigued by him. Needless to say, I was thrilled when Lethal Legacy came out and gave Cole the spotlight. I highly recommend you read this series in order, since the series is more of a continual story of the three Taylor children.

I liked Kelly--thought she was perfect for Cole. And her love and devotion to her father was admirable. The mystery surrounding his death made for a great suspense. And while I was surprised to find out the identity of the killer so quickly, it didn't diminish the suspense of the book. I totally and thoroughly enjoyed it!

That last part of the book was intense and impossible to put down. What a wild ride! It's kinda sad that the series is over--I so enjoyed meeting the Taylor trio and listening to them banter back and forth. But I look forward to what Irene Hannon will bring us next in her new, upcoming series!

I reviewed this book for Revell. It was not required that I give a positive review, but solely to express my own thoughts and opinions of this book, which I have done.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Do you want a good book with plenty of action, and subtle clues as to "who done it?" One of my favorite authors has a new book for you! Irene Hannon's latest book in her "Guardians of Justice" series, Lethal Legacy, fits the bill. Interesting police work and a good love story make this book a keeper.

Kelley's father has died, and the police have concluded that he committed suicide, but Kelly just can't believe it. She has been close to her father all of her life, and in spite of a tough diagnosis of cancer, in her heart she knows suicide would not be her father's choice. An unexpected birthday present from her father sends her to the police. Detective Cole Taylor tends to agree with her, and he begins to investigate. What he finds brings a whole new dimension to the father Kelly thought she knew. How all this works out will keep you turning pages, so allow a little extra time to finish the book before you go to bed.

Oh, yes, you might also want to get the first two books in this series, as they are great reads, too!
on August 6, 2012
When I first discovered Irene Hannon, I read everything of hers I could get my hands on. Since then, I've been waiting on the next great book to come out, and Lethal Legacy lived up to every expectation I had! With challenge after challenge thrown in front of them, Cole and Kelly get to know each other under less-than-ideal circumstances. When Cole begins to believe the suspicions Kelly has about how her father died, he won't stop until they solve the mystery.

Hannon has a talent for writing stories that grab your attention and don't let go until the very last page. While readers will probably figure out "whodunit" early on, all the pieces don't fall into place until the very end of the book, which kept me guessing about various aspects of the mystery. Plus, when you throw in the romance between the two main characters, I couldn't put the book down! I also appreciated the way that the main characters grew in their faith walks throughout the story--but in ways that weren't over-the-top or unrealistic.

I'm already looking forward to the next Irene Hannon release . . . too bad it's quite a few months away! Fans of romantic fiction will enjoy Lethal Remedy and the other books in this series! [5 stars]

I received a free copy of this book from Revell in exchange for my fair and honest review.

on April 5, 2013
I've waited for months to read this - ever since it came out. And it was totally worth it. SO good. If I'd known I'd enjoy it this much, I would have gone ahead and splurged on the money to buy it! Cause this is a book worth buying. Absolutely jam packed with gripping suspense that kept me riveted the whole way through. There was some sweet romance as well, but it wasn't overmuch or overdone. I love the writing. If you've enjoyed suspense, romantic suspense, or any book by Irene, Lynette Eason, Dani Pettrey, Dee Henderson...give this one a try! It definitely made it onto my favorites list.
on August 10, 2012
LETHAL LEGACY, the third installment in the Guardians of Justice series did not disappoint.
Kelly Warren is in search of the truth regarding the unexpected death of her father. Though his death was labeled a suicide, she knows her father would've never taken his own life. When Detective Cole Taylor gets involved in her case, he finds peculiarities and new evidence that might just point to murder. Kelly appreciates Cole's tenacity, but also finds herself interested in Cole on a more personal level.

Detective Cole Taylor looks into the death of Kelly's father merely as a formality to assist a grieving family member. But, he soon finds himself with evidence that not only proves Mr. Warren did not kill himself, but that his ties to a dangerous group of people might have something to do with the threats on Kelly's life. Knowing Kelly's life is in danger, Cole watches out for her safety, and realizes his need to protect her is not only on a professional level, but fueled by his growing feelings for her. Together, Cole and Kelly dig below the surface and find that not only was her father's death murder, but that a cover-up is underway as well.

LETHAL LEGACY was a quick read because I found myself not wanting to put the book down. Irene Hannon's knack for writing intriguing stories puts her on my list of favorite authors. Weaving suspense, romance, interesting characters and unique storylines, makes LETHAL LEGACY the perfect escape from the everyday grind. Though you know on the outset what the outcome will be for the hero and heroine, it does not diminish the impact of the journey.

Book provided for review purposes.
VINE VOICEon July 26, 2012
First of all, I would like to extend a heartfelt "Thank you" to Irene Hannon and her publisher for sending me a copy of "Lethal Legacy" to review for them. I am truly grateful for this generosity. I really appreciate the time, effort and expense it takes to make a reviewer copy available to me.

Irene Hannon's "Lethal Legacy" is the thrilling third novel in the Guardians of Justice Series. This story follows the third Taylor sibling, Cole, a police detective who just happened to be available when Kelly Warren showed up at the law enforcement office with what she believed was evidence proving her father didn't commit suicide, but was murdered. The immediate attraction between the two grew as secrets from the past came to light and life for both Kelly and Cole became downright dangerous.

Hannon weaves a rich tapestry of suspense and romance that turns the novel's pages at break-neck speed. The tension she creates as the sinister plot unfolds and the hero and heroine struggle with maintaining a purely professional relationship while the police investigation is open leads the reader to mixed feelings: wanting the case to close so these two can finally get together yet dreading the end of the story.

I was so engrossed in Kelly and Cole's relationship, I found myself resenting the pages where the author was introducing subplots and advancing the story through other characters. Thankfully, the chapters are short and bounce from character to character so there is plenty of enjoyable character and plot development. However, by the time we got to the final major conflict in the story, my eyes were flying across the pages, my mind absorbing the action and racing to get to the reunion of these two characters that I have come to enjoy spending time with. The only drawback to this was that the last third of the book passed by way too quickly. Still, it was an entertaining read that I will keep to read again in the future.
on July 29, 2012
I have long anticipated this suspense-packed, mystery, romance novel from Irene Hannon. I was able to fall in love all over again with the Taylor family and it saddens me that this is their last adventure I'll read about.

Cole Taylor is a single detective, who wants something more meaningful in his life, and has long since abandoned God. He is sick of flimsy dating-- and his sister poking into his personal life.

Kelly Warren is a single persistent woman who wants answers. The police ruled her father killed himself, but she doesn't believe that for a moment. Her father was a happy man and planned to be around to plant spring tulips with his daughter.

When their paths cross, Cole becomes intrigued with Kelly's case and offers his assistance until Alan, the case leader, returns. Such a simple gesture sends a thousand things running into motion.

Something I loved about Lethal Legacy was the strong knit family of the Taylors and how they looked out for one another. Near the end, after a long forty-eight hours, Mitch sticks at Cole's side until Jake can relieve him. Cole was never alone. Their care and honesty was so refreshing.

I also particularly enjoyed the friendship-bond that Kelly and Lauren shared.

To conclude, we're given many twists and turns- but they never get old! I highly recommend this book. :-D
on August 8, 2012
Lethal Legacy by Irene Hannon is a mystery romance. Kelly Warren is convinced that her dad did not commit suicide. She is trying to uncover every last bit of evidence to show the detectives on the case to bring it out of the files. What she didn't bargain for was the handsome Detective Cole Taylor, or the danger that comes when she does find evidence of foul play.

This was a really (and I will say really again) really good book. What I enjoyed about it was how incredibly researched it was. Ms. Hannon did not skimp on her research of the Mafia or the programs that the government has set up to protect those against them. Not only did we get an inside look, we also got different view points from other characters. What amazed me was how easily she transitioned from each character, and I found myself sympathizing with each one. She weaved mystery and romance so well together I was up late at night once again finishing the book. So dear readers if you want a great mystery romance that doesn't skimp on the love God please read Lethal Legacy.
*This book was given to me via Revell a division of Baker Publishing Group for my honest opinion and I honestly did.
* "Available August 2012 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group."
on November 3, 2012
Oh, yes the Taylors are definitely a GREAT bunch and I absolutely loved meeting them in the Guardian of Justice series! Seriously.

What a pleasant surprise it was to witness more funny, heart-warming family moments in the last book, which had me grinning every time I re-read them.

People, I love them!

Kudos to Hannon because she really does know how to develop her characters and make a reader fall for them. (And we're excluding the evil ones in this!)

Lethal Legacy is a story full of surprising twits, de-lightful and humorous moments and a very sweet romance. I found that compared to the other books in this series there was less suspense in this one, but I'm not complaining since I'm not an avid reader of Suspense! I was really shocked and disgusted by the criminal in this book, but the smooth, sweet conclusion to this series left me wishing it wouldn't end so soon!

Just a couple of things. I do admit that some parts were a bit slow and like I said for the 2nd book, I wished Liz's character had played a more active role in this!

Nevertheless, I give Lethal Legacy 5 stars and I think this series of the best I've read in 2012.

What a great writer!!
on August 6, 2012
This story started off great and just kept at through out! A romance suspense thriller that kept me on my toes as I read each page. This was one of those books that was hard to put down.

The characters are just as intriguing as the story line. I love that!!! This book was easy to follow and kept my interest on a high level. If you like to read suspense books with some romance thrown in than I highly recommend Lethal Legacy: A Novel (Guardians of Justice).