Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now Sale

on July 20, 2010
I love this game in theory for my 5 yr old niece who has always loved to draw and always wanted to know how to draw different things. Now that she has it, I can tell its flaws which are basically that 1) the voice is too soft, so one needs to be in a very quiet area to be able to hear the instructions, and 2) the instructions obviously are not tailored to a person who does not have photographic memory. You only get to see the instruction once and then you have to draw what you see, without the benefit of any repetition of the actual path to getting to each stage, as far as I can see, but perhaps I have not figured out how to do that - there is no obvious way except to quit and start over, which is rather counter-productive. One other flaw in my opinion is the limited colour palette but I guess that may be due to the lack of much space on the DS screen. This may be a great game for older kids but for younger ones, it will present quite a challenge and could also be discouraging to them, although it does laud their efforts despite the outcome. The animation option and mini games are cool though.
0Comment149 of 160 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 16, 2010
The game is good. My only complain is user can only save up to 12 pictures. After that one would have to over write an existing picture to save a new one.
0Comment78 of 85 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 20, 2010
Great Game!!! I bought my 5 year old dev. delayed daughter this game, and she loves it!!! so easy to use!!!! She loves to draw, there is even some great games on there!!! I even play with it!!! Highly recommend this game. I have been looking for a game that is easy for her to do, and not much "reading" to move on to the next level, well this is it!!! Very easy for her to navigate thru, she has not put it down!!!
55 comments108 of 121 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 17, 2010
My 6 year old has really only loved mario and kirby games so i was fearful this would be too "babyish" for him. i bought it hoping it would be a good prize for some up coming vaccinations he needed. wow he really really loves it he was not really to thrilled when he saw the cover art and i had to push him to even try it but when i did he hasn't put it down yet. he told me its one of his favorites even his 8 3/4 year old sister fight over it. well worth the money this one is a good purchase!
22 comments25 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 29, 2010
My kids ages four, and nine played this game more than all the others. I even enjoyed trying it out myself. Kids can actually be creative without making a mess, and there are fun mini games to go with it. My kids enjoy watching their drawings move around on the screen. I don't see how other parents can complain about this game we didn't have any problems with the volume, or voice instruction. You really don't need the voice instruction anyway when the drawing is demonstrated for you on screen. A game that is fun, and non violent is a game that is worth the money in my opinion. You can't go wrong with this game.
0Comment21 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 29, 2010
My son is 5.5 and this is his 1st time playing any DS game. We just got the game today and after both of us playing together and going through all of the games and options he is able to get around by himself. This game gives lots of verbal instructions, which helps.

He is nowhere near a good kid-artist yet, but I see the potential in how this game will improve his dexterity, coordination and various other abilites where writing is concerned. There is even a great Air Hockey game it that will help him think faster and move to block shots. The game is also great in teaching them to really use the stylus. I already see improvement in how he holds it to draw and color in the pictures.

It may even improve his drawing someday...and mine too!!!
on April 16, 2010
I bought thi sfor my 7 year old but I enjoy it as much it has vivid colors, lots fun pics to color..just awoseom game totally worth the money buy it -you will not regret it!!
0Comment23 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 1, 2010
I bought this for my 5 year old who likes to draw. He Loves this game. Lots to do on it. It was very easy for him to figure out on his own and his 3 1/2 yr. old sister can play it too. Grandma's favorite game too!
on May 31, 2011
Okay, First review I've ever written. Typically in buying a game, I'll read the reviews.. but mostly the bad ones (1 and 2 stars) to get a feel for what's wrong. With Lets Draw there weren't any so I thought I was safe. Overall the game was okay, especially for the price. the controls are about as precise as I expected for a DS game. As some other reviewers mentioned, it teaches to draw but you can't back up instructions. a minor annoyance. Where the game falls through for me, is there simply isn't enough to do, or enough content. also, the color pallette is pretty weak. There weren't a lot of drawings and really nothing else to do. To me it's tough to rate a game a 2, 3, or 4. I want to provide the recommendation to buy it or not. While the game isn't horrible, it was played for a couple of days and not since. So it's simply not a fun game that will get played.

Hope that helps.
0Comment13 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 17, 2010
My 5 year old daughter loves to draw and this game has really guided her. Great find! Would recommend to any "little" artist.