5.0 out of 5 stars Drivey-Drive Driiiive!
Most Elephant and Piggie book reviews are biased. Mo Willems has no shortage of fans when it comes to his series of children's books. So yes: I am a fan and I am biased.

Published on October 4, 2012 by shaeflay

3.0 out of 5 stars Love Mo Willems but this book is kind of meh
Published on October 29, 2012 by Meg

5.0 out of 5 stars Drivey-Drive Driiiive!, October 4, 2012
This review is from: Let's Go for a Drive! (An Elephant and Piggie Book) (Hardcover)

"Let's Go for a Drive!" is the lastest E&P adventure, where we see Piggie and Gerald the Elephant doing some all important road trip preparation. The two pals spend most of the story going through their list in a happy-go-lucky-song-and-dance fashion, for example: "MAP!" "I have a map!" "Map! Map! Mappy-map-map!" and so on. The repetition and overall silliness of the two make this book (like any other Willems book) a great read aloud for story times as well as beginning readers. When children and adults are drawn in by the enthusiasm of the characters, it's hard NOT to enjoy reading this book. And to have kids be excited to read? Well, that's just awesome.

3.0 out of 5 stars Love Mo Willems but this book is kind of meh, October 29, 2012
Meg (east coast) - See all my reviews
My toddler has a lot of Mo Willems books and loves most of them. This one, I have to say, disappoints because of the expectation that it will be about going for a drive. After all, there's a picture of Elephant and Piggie in a car right on the cover. Plus the title. But the whole book is about planning and thinking about going for a drive. There's a lot of repetition ("Mappity map map!") that feels...hate to say it...a little lazy. No driving ever happens in the book, no trip is taken, and no transportation occurs. My toddler was disappointed and so was I. Generally I appreciate the simplicity and wit of the Elephant and Piggie books, but this one didn't work for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Mo Willems, October 5, 2012
Evelyn C. Conkright (Port Austin, MI United States) - See all my reviews
My grandson loves all of his Mo Willems books! I haven't sent this one to him, but I've read it a couple of times, and I love it, so I KNOW he will too. Mo Willems has such a knack for telling a complete story with few words, and the simplest of illustrations. My grandson can always read the stories with great inflection...it is so easy for children to do because of the illustrations. Gerald and Piggy are good friends with such different personalities...good examples for all children!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Our Favorite Gerald and Piggie Book, November 11, 2012
Let me start by saying that we are HUGE fans Mo Willems. It is hard NOT to like any of his book, but this one is not a favorite of ours. The ever lovable Gerald and Piggie decide they want to go for a ride in a car, however they never actually take a ride in the car. This particular Gerald and Piggie book lacks the fun and silliness of the previous books in this series, and the repetitive phrases becomes a bit tedious to the reader. We own the entire series, and this is the first one that my daughter did not ask to read again. The idea for the book sounds like it would be a fun read, but this one just didn't hit the mark. If you want to buy books from this series, our two favorites are I Will Surprise My Friend! (An Elephant and Piggie Book) (Elephant & Piggie Books) and I Am Invited to a Party! (An Elephant and Piggie Book). I would suggest these as a starting point if you want to build a home library.

5.0 out of 5 stars For teaching reading and writing to Kindergarteners Piggie and Gerald books are Fabulous!!!, May 3, 2013
I've taught Kindergarten for 14 years and have not found a better series that Kindergarteners enjoy more than Mo Willems Elephant and Piggie stories. I've never seen a series where reading and writing come together as one when using these stories later in the Kindergarten year.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, August 16, 2013
I love most of these books, but this one is a little boring. I was hoping it was as cute and funny as "I am in a Book"...have not been able to top that one

5.0 out of 5 stars "I love elephant and piggie books", December 30, 2014
I purchased two Elephant and Piggie books as gifts for my grandson and granddaughter who are in kindergarten and first grade, respectively. They both exclaimed upon opening them, "I love elephant and piggie books". Evidently, the books are in their classrooms at school. The kids read them easily right away. I was unaware of the series until I found them shopping on Amazon. I sure was happy to find out they were familiar with the books and enjoyed them.

5.0 out of 5 stars They LOVE this book, September 26, 2014
My 7, 6 and 2 year olds would have to disagree with the 2 and 3 star comments. They LOVE this book! We love most of the Elephant & Piggie books (not all). It really comes down to personal preference, like everything else. My children found this book funny and clever. It is a favorite on their most requested bedtime stories list. Typical Mo Willems. Delightful!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 15, 2014
ok

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 12, 2014
These are great books with delightful twists.

Let's Go for a Drive! (An Elephant and Piggie Book)
Let's Go for a Drive! (An Elephant and Piggie Book) by Mo Willems (Hardcover - October 2, 2012)
$8.99 $8.89