Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Let's Make Some Great Fingerprint Art
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

94%
Format: Paperback|Change

on December 4, 2012
No one creates better ways to enter the world of art and creativity than Marian Deuchars. Here, she takes as a starting point the human race's oldest and most universal way of markmaking, the fingerprint, and shows how anyone can build an endlessly inventive universe around it. Your only mistake is assuming the book is only for children: if you're buying a gift for a kid, do yourself a favor and get an extra one for yourself. It is worth a dozen self-help books and twenty times as fun.
on March 23, 2016
Cute and clever illustrations for fingerprint art.
Some of the ink pads you will need though, are permanent ink,
so you will have some finger staining. I read online also that
some of the ink pads have bad chemicals in them especially for children to use.
So be aware of this.
on June 9, 2015
I got this for summer for a couple children. I was hesitant because of the price of the book plus the ink. Also children these days seem to be glued to electronics. Gosh, I'm so glad I bought this book. The 6 and 9 year old have been working non stop out of this book for 2 days now (I'm jealous)! They are so creative. Nothing but positive ideas flying out of their cute, little brains. The book has areas that you can make your own art in which is awesome. Excellent author and illustrations. Perfect as a gift or for your own little ones. I think I'm going to have to borrow the book. Too fun!
on May 13, 2014
This book is phenomenal. I took it over to our preschool to show the director, and all of the teachers went crazy with excitement. Within a few weeks they had all gotten the book and were using it in their classrooms (kids aged 2 years to 4 years). I would highly recommend this to any parent who is looking for creative ways to capture the growth of their children as measured by their unique fingerprints. It is also such an easy way to spend time together as a family doing something creative and fun. I am not one of those Pinterest Mom's. I can't just make up my own stuff whenever I feel like being creative. This book is a huge help!
on December 12, 2012
It doesn't matter what age you are, this book is entertaining, creative and full of ideas. I bought this book for my little brother and ended up buying another for myself because I couldn't part ways with it. I highly recommend this book - it's countless hours of fun.
on January 23, 2013
I went in with an attitude: I'm an Art Type, I Could Write a Book for Kids, All Books for Kids Are Lousy Because They're Not Mine, etc., but... I absolutely love this book! It's an Arts Education disguised as Silly Time; brussels sprouts in jelly donut's clothing. No child (or adult) will get that it's loaded with vitamins, minerals and fiber! All real artists understand that art is a blob of paint that's been added to, subtracted from, pushed or pulled until it gets attention, and that one of the tragic moments of childhood is when a kid relinquishes the crayons to those who are "good" at it. LMSGFA (as scholars will be calling it) strongly discourages discouragement, encourages abandon, and is a BLAST. A couple of reviews above mention buying more than one copy at a time. It's true! You'll want one in which to splash around, and one to keep.
VINE VOICEon January 17, 2013
I bought this to share with my 6-year old granddaughter when she comes to visit. We have had a lot of fun with it! Just by using our fingerprints we have created some classic "art"! There isn't a right or wrong way to create Fingerprint Art. Your creativity is your limit. The book talks about the ridges and whorls on fingerprints. There are pictures showing you how to create square, triangle, etc fingerprints to add individuality to your art.
This is a fun activity to share with a child.
on March 1, 2014
gave this book to my 5 year old for christmas and we've had a great time with it! really, really cute pages, full of great ideas - we even framed some of her work and gave it to the grandparents and it was a total hit!
on October 20, 2014
Best book ever!!!
My son is autistic. I got this book to help him with his sensory issues and little by little he started to use his fingers, and be more confident with the ink and the paint in his hands and fingers.
I am always looking for little things that can make a difference in his life and this book helped him a lot
on May 13, 2013
Make art in your book with your own finger and hand prints? Kids are so lucky these days! This is such a fun book with lots of designs to follow to create your own fingerprint art. Great for all children and kids at heart, we also were able to use our Doug & Melissa paints and stampers which worked perfectly in the book. This is a fun unique twist on art projects that offer a little *gasp* fun reading on the side. Perfect!