Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 451-475 of 840 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 10:16:41 AM PDT
Danny says:
I agree for Kristen Stewart for Anastasia.
No, Stone is not too old. Remember, she was the mother of Grey's friend. So she should be old enough for that, and Stone has the bitch-look needed. ;)
But I love Kidman. She is beautiful and much more good actress than Stone.
For the others... No bad choices in your list.
But for Christian, I still prefer Christian Bale. Copy/Past it and take a good look:
http://images.google.ca/search?tbm=isch&hl=fr&source=hp&biw=1366&bih=678&q=christian+bale&gbv=2&oq=christian+bale&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&gs_l=img.3..0l10.1205.3248.0.3544.14.12.0.2.2.0.122.1104.10j2.12.0...0.0.P_D4BRQn4m8

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 11:29:03 AM PDT
Sara T. says:
I agree, lovemygirl, but what are the odds that they would cast a soap star? Is his accent real on Days? Christain is from MI and WA, James would have to have a vocal coach.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 11:32:08 AM PDT
Sara T. says:
Christian Bale 10 years ago maybe. Very good looking but much too old to play a 27 y/o Christian Grey.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 3:10:53 PM PDT
Arlene says:
Don't forget Christian is from Detroit Michigan not London England.
And has lived in Seatle Wash for a long time.
Any Englishman would have to cultivate his American drawl.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 3:32:52 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 16, 2012 3:35:08 PM PDT
Danny says:
You should say which Christian you are speaking about: Grey or Bale. lolll
Bale lived in America for many many years (more than 10) and he has a real talent for accents. When he was 13-year-old, he played in Empire of the sun. He had to tell a few sentences in Japanese. First time he tried to pronounce those few sentences, they sound perfect to me and to Spielberg (the director) too. So...
http://www.videohippy.com/video/139222/Christian-Bale-as-Jim-Graham--Making-of-Empire-of-the-Sun-Part-1
There is a part 2 too.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 3:57:08 PM PDT
Michelle O says:
Peter Porte..... He's got the "Body" and the "Looks" ........Mmmmmmmm Check him out!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 4:10:20 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 16, 2012 4:39:35 PM PDT
Danny says:
Not a bad idea. Particularly in these pics:
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2260775680/nm2431173
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3116413696/nm2431173
But I still prefer Christian Bale. Look at him in Google Image. Top of the top (not a gag... Oups!) ;))

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 7:49:01 PM PDT
J.L. Penn says:
Never thought he would be connected to this movie but interesting that he's going to be in Catching Fire. Do you know who he will play? Can't think of any new "big" characters that were introduced in that book, but then I'm having trouble remembering where Catching Fire left off and Mockingjay began. Just finished Mockingjay last week. LOVED those books (not my usual genre at all but RIVETING).

-J.L. Penn
Reunion
The Cinderella Curse

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 9:32:36 PM PDT
cab368 says:
I believe Pattinson has been discussed to play Finnick Odair in the Catching Fire.

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 8:52:38 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 24, 2012 5:24:30 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2012 1:31:23 PM PDT
W. Westphal says:
The nehind the scenes whispers are that he will be Finnick. It kind of makes snese, because Finick is describes as having thousands of adoring girl fans, and the same can be said of Rob. LOL
It's not confirmed, though.

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 6:52:52 AM PDT
I'm writing a paper on the appeal of 50 Shades for a Women's and Gender Studies class. Please consider taking the survey and helping me pass my class! Thanks....

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/GDXZ9S6

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 6:04:10 PM PDT
J.L. Penn says:
Oy! Maybe it's because I'm not a Twilight fan (not that I don't like it; I just haven't read/seen it), but I just don't see him as attractive - at least not in the way Finnick is described. Not sure who I do picture, but definitely not him. Hopefully they'll change their minds. :\

-J.L. Penn
Reunion
The Cinderella Curse

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 6:11:36 PM PDT
A. H. Ponder says:
Yes Ryan gosling!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 9:51:47 PM PDT
Yes please!

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 10:11:19 PM PDT
James Scott would be the ideal Christian Grey!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 11:18:03 PM PDT
Arlene says:
He sure would. Also like Jason Lewis. Wish he was a bit younger.

Posted on Jun 20, 2012 6:40:00 AM PDT
Christian Grey... Henry Cavill
Ana Steele... Emmy Rossum
Kate Kavanaugh... Blake Lively
Elliot Grey... Hayden Christensen
Jose... Taylor Lautner
Elena/Mrs. Robinson... Sharon Stone

The first guy who popped into my mind as Christian was Christian Bale but he is too old to pull of 27 anymore. I think Jessie Pavelka looks the part but can he carry a movie like this? So my vote goes to Henry Cavill.

As a couple of other posters mentioned, this man has to be so hot as to make women stop in their tracks. He has to be an intimidating emotional and mental presence as well as a physical one. That is a challenge for the casting team.

For Ana, I can see why some say Felicity Jones. But I like Emmy Rossum. She has an innocent look about her that I think would translate well. I definitely see her as Ana and I think she would look great on screen with Henry Cavill.

I think Blake Lively is perfect as Kate. Hayden Christensen would make a fantastic Elliot. Taylor Lautner could do the role of Jose.

I think Mrs Robinson has to be a woman who is at least in her late 40's. Sharon Stone, no one else. If Christian had the relationship with her when he was 15 and she was 35 then today she would be 47. Sharon is 54 and I think she would be great. Remember that whoever is cast in this role had to credible as a dominant woman. Someone who affected the young boy for life. She is one of the few actresses I can see being bold enough to go there, just fearless.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012 8:18:21 AM PDT
L.G.D says:
What do you think about Shelley Hennig for Anastasia? Honestly I think she would play the role really good! Shes one of the girls from the tv series The Secret Circle. I think she would be an awesome Ana.....not Kristen Stewart. But thats just my opinion! Let me know what you think of Shelley Hennig.

Posted on Jun 20, 2012 8:22:31 AM PDT
L.G.D says:
I say Shelley Hennig for Anastasia and I think Chad Michael Murray for Christian Grey! Yumm!

Posted on Jun 20, 2012 8:31:33 AM PDT
mel:) says:
i think Camilla Belle would play a great Ana Steele. im thinking Ryan Gosling would do a great Christian but im hoping for someone new in that role.

excited and anxious to see the movie!!!!

Posted on Jun 20, 2012 11:19:43 AM PDT
Mattila says:
I personally think Jason Mamoa would make an excellent Christian. Check him out on imdb.com...very tall great build tan and beautiful wavy hair.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 4:52:51 AM PDT
Gabi44 says:
"It makes me wonder about the mentality of the people who like this book." quote from another Thread and oh so true

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 5:44:56 AM PDT
C. Dunphy - I'll take the survey now. GOod luck with the paper!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 7:40:06 PM PDT
Harris says:
Camilla Belle is a great choice. I hadn't thought of her.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  198
Total posts:  840
Initial post:  Apr 6, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 27, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 23 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Fifty Shades of Grey: Book One of the Fifty Shades Trilogy
Fifty Shades of Grey: Book One of the Fifty Shades Trilogy by E. L. James (Paperback - April 3, 2012)
3.4 out of 5 stars   (26,804)