Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on January 20, 2006
I just want to say, that at first I just liked Hawk Nelson, but since getting their CD, I LOVE them. If you don't like Reliant K, Olivia the Band, Sanctus Real, or any band similar to those, I wouldn't suggest buying this. This is a very good CD, and it's nice because it's not overly rocky. I think that it's a perfect blend.
on February 5, 2006
I had never heard of Hawk Nelson before I attended Winter Jam 2006 not too long ago, and I was impressed. They have very catchy songs, and it was amazing to see their bizzare personalities on stage. They sang 'Every Little Thing', which was very good, and 'Take Me' which is now one of my favorite songs. The beats they have in their music stick in my mind, I love them. Their music isn't purely Christian, however, they are leaning more towards the secular side of Christian rock. But, I would rather listen to secular Christian rock than regular rock. I enjoy listening to their music, and I will continue to follow them. Definately worth the money.
11 comment13 of 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 28, 2005
you may have heard "*enter crapy words here*" about this band. well, most people who say that are just into heavy metel, rap, and dont like punk at all. i love hawk nelson, they have great lyrics and they encourage you to stand up for what you believe in. everyone should check this band out! its defenitly worth it!
on November 12, 2004
Look here is the deal on these dudes, It is simply great music, only you know what style you like so listen to it; if you have taste for that style you'll be buying it. (Every little thing, Letters to the president, Take me are my personal favorites)

If you like Gin blossoms,Blink 182, fast pace sort of teen rock you MUST listen to it. If you speak christian music lingo, and like Reliant K, FM Static, you honestly do not even need to listen to it before buying it, it is that good.

I had a heck of a time finding the album it seems duel listed in Pop Rock /Christian.

It is sad that some people read Christian and think "I am not religious enough" to buy a christian album; I say "Do you own Evanescence? Listen to the lyrics,dude its Christian Music too!"

Simple the best!

Mike Mackey
on June 3, 2005
So, this really doesn't have to do with the Hawk Nelson CD (although I do really like the song "Letters to the President"), but is more in response to another review. The reviewer says that Hawk Nelson cannot make up their minds about which side they are on, because they want to support public schools and they denounce gay marriage. Those issues have nothing to do with each other. First of all, not all Christians are for giving tons of money to private, religious schools (I'm not!). I'm all for supporting public schools because I believe everyone deserves a good education. Secondly, what happened to being able to make your own opinion? They shouldn't be ridiculed because they have the brain to choose their opinions and not follow party lines.

I recommend this CD.
on November 8, 2004
I am not a fan of christian music at all but this cd is great. I can listen to the whole cd and not skip a song. You can listen to the cd at their website, [...]

California - 9/10

Late show - 9/10

36 Days - 9/10

Long & Lonely Road 8/10
on October 19, 2004
This band ROCKS. Positive messages, meaningful lyrics, all sorts of styles, and a great vocalist. I love every single song, and cant wait to hear more from them! I would highly reccomend them to any fans of pop-punk-emo bands, and even if you dont usually like that style of music.. you might just change your mind!
on March 7, 2005
xTragedyxBrittanyx,

You are wrong... This CD is not about acceptance of same-sex marraige or the rehabilitation of violent criminals...at all. If you actually LISTEN to the lyrics you'd see that it says:

Now that we're older a brand new story unfolds

About God and the laws that we've always been told

And there's a lot of things I wanted to say

But never got a change to find a way

Same-sex marriage in a state where they don't care

Murder is wrong but the jail time's not fair

Not to mention date rape, felony and car theft

Break it down and tell me what we've got left

Do they even know? Do they even know?

The last part is clearly a sarcastic tone. It's speaking of people who commit horible crimes and then think the consequence isn't fair...Please listen to the content before posting a comment.

Thanks

~R
on July 14, 2004
This CD is great. If you like bands like Relient K or old-school Blink, you'll love this release from Hawk Nelson. I had heard their single on the radio and was impressed, but I was worried that the CD overall wouldn't be that great. Well, it is great! Check out songs #1 and #3 for some optimistic, upbeat punk.
on August 26, 2004
I first heard Every Little Thing on an online Christian Radio and fell in love with it! It's just an awesome song! I have heard quite a few of their songs and desperatly hoep to get their cd soon!!! For any fan of Relient K or FM Static you'll love this cd! Letters To the President has simply AWESOME lyrics. GET THIS CD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!