Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

Format: MP3 Music|Change
Price:$6.99

on November 12, 2004
Look here is the deal on these dudes, It is simply great music, only you know what style you like so listen to it; if you have taste for that style you'll be buying it. (Every little thing, Letters to the president, Take me are my personal favorites)

If you like Gin blossoms,Blink 182, fast pace sort of teen rock you MUST listen to it. If you speak christian music lingo, and like Reliant K, FM Static, you honestly do not even need to listen to it before buying it, it is that good.

I had a heck of a time finding the album it seems duel listed in Pop Rock /Christian.

It is sad that some people read Christian and think "I am not religious enough" to buy a christian album; I say "Do you own Evanescence? Listen to the lyrics,dude its Christian Music too!"

Simple the best!

Mike Mackey
on June 3, 2005
So, this really doesn't have to do with the Hawk Nelson CD (although I do really like the song "Letters to the President"), but is more in response to another review. The reviewer says that Hawk Nelson cannot make up their minds about which side they are on, because they want to support public schools and they denounce gay marriage. Those issues have nothing to do with each other. First of all, not all Christians are for giving tons of money to private, religious schools (I'm not!). I'm all for supporting public schools because I believe everyone deserves a good education. Secondly, what happened to being able to make your own opinion? They shouldn't be ridiculed because they have the brain to choose their opinions and not follow party lines.

I recommend this CD.
on November 8, 2004
I am not a fan of christian music at all but this cd is great. I can listen to the whole cd and not skip a song. You can listen to the cd at their website, [...]

California - 9/10

Late show - 9/10

36 Days - 9/10

Long & Lonely Road 8/10
on October 19, 2004
This band ROCKS. Positive messages, meaningful lyrics, all sorts of styles, and a great vocalist. I love every single song, and cant wait to hear more from them! I would highly reccomend them to any fans of pop-punk-emo bands, and even if you dont usually like that style of music.. you might just change your mind!
on March 7, 2005
xTragedyxBrittanyx,

You are wrong... This CD is not about acceptance of same-sex marraige or the rehabilitation of violent criminals...at all. If you actually LISTEN to the lyrics you'd see that it says:

Now that we're older a brand new story unfolds

About God and the laws that we've always been told

And there's a lot of things I wanted to say

But never got a change to find a way

Same-sex marriage in a state where they don't care

Murder is wrong but the jail time's not fair

Not to mention date rape, felony and car theft

Break it down and tell me what we've got left

Do they even know? Do they even know?

The last part is clearly a sarcastic tone. It's speaking of people who commit horible crimes and then think the consequence isn't fair...Please listen to the content before posting a comment.

Thanks

~R
on July 14, 2004
This CD is great. If you like bands like Relient K or old-school Blink, you'll love this release from Hawk Nelson. I had heard their single on the radio and was impressed, but I was worried that the CD overall wouldn't be that great. Well, it is great! Check out songs #1 and #3 for some optimistic, upbeat punk.
on August 26, 2004
I first heard Every Little Thing on an online Christian Radio and fell in love with it! It's just an awesome song! I have heard quite a few of their songs and desperatly hoep to get their cd soon!!! For any fan of Relient K or FM Static you'll love this cd! Letters To the President has simply AWESOME lyrics. GET THIS CD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on October 16, 2004
This album really rocks! They really put a lot of energy in to it and the band is awesome. They play well...they sing well...their lyrics are clean and awesome...what more do you want?
on March 29, 2005
Alot of people say its a 'preteen' CD, but I think if older teens gave it a chance they'd really like it too. Definitely not up to Relient K level punk rock, but they're new and have alot of time to grow. The lead vocalist, Jason, does an excellent job on making every word understandable, although he doesn't put emotion into the way he sings it. I suppose its kind of hard to have the best of both of those worlds.

In responce to the person who said that you can't be a Christian and support giving money to public schools, you're totally wrong. I'm a Christian and completely support giving money to public schools. :) Its not uneven songwritting, it fits right in with what they're saying about how they're older now and are straightening out what they believe from what they've always been taught.
on December 2, 2005
Hawk Nelson is somewhat newer to the Christian world. This is their first album. I must tell you though that this is a great album. They have so many good hits on here. There are some hits that deal with girls, some that death with California and good times, there are some that deal with issues in our political system(hence the name "Letters to the President) and then they most importantly have songs about God. This band has gotten a bad rap from some of my friends for not being mature enough, they just don't know what mature is though. This band can have a fun time while being good Christians. I love this whole cd, and I can't wait for the next one to come out. You should buy this cd!