5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome band, awesome music
I just want to say, that at first I just liked Hawk Nelson, but since getting their CD, I LOVE them. If you don't like Reliant K, Olivia the Band, Sanctus Real, or any band similar to those, I wouldn't suggest buying this. This is a very good CD, and it's nice because it's not overly rocky. I think that it's a perfect blend.
Published on January 20, 2006

3.0 out of 5 stars Hawk Nelson- Letters to the President [crobsession.blogspot.com]
In the summer of 2004, Ontario-based pop-punk group Hawk Nelson made their debut on Tooth & Nail. The year after, they expanded on it by releasing a Deluxe Edition of Letters to the President, reaching out to more and more fans with the help of their peppy live show. While it wasn't their most successful, Letters to the President was the album that gained them such...
Published on August 22, 2009 by Christian Rock OBSESSION

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome band, awesome music, January 20, 2006

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, February 5, 2006
A Kid's Review
I had never heard of Hawk Nelson before I attended Winter Jam 2006 not too long ago, and I was impressed. They have very catchy songs, and it was amazing to see their bizzare personalities on stage. They sang 'Every Little Thing', which was very good, and 'Take Me' which is now one of my favorite songs. The beats they have in their music stick in my mind, I love them. Their music isn't purely Christian, however, they are leaning more towards the secular side of Christian rock. But, I would rather listen to secular Christian rock than regular rock. I enjoy listening to their music, and I will continue to follow them. Definately worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars great CD! worth your money, October 28, 2005
you may have heard "*enter crapy words here*" about this band. well, most people who say that are just into heavy metel, rap, and dont like punk at all. i love hawk nelson, they have great lyrics and they encourage you to stand up for what you believe in. everyone should check this band out! its defenitly worth it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple Incredible! You MUST Listen to this Album!, November 12, 2004
M. MACKEY (LEXINGTON, KY United States) - See all my reviews
Look here is the deal on these dudes, It is simply great music, only you know what style you like so listen to it; if you have taste for that style you'll be buying it. (Every little thing, Letters to the president, Take me are my personal favorites)

If you like Gin blossoms,Blink 182, fast pace sort of teen rock you MUST listen to it. If you speak christian music lingo, and like Reliant K, FM Static, you honestly do not even need to listen to it before buying it, it is that good.

I had a heck of a time finding the album it seems duel listed in Pop Rock /Christian.

It is sad that some people read Christian and think "I am not religious enough" to buy a christian album; I say "Do you own Evanescence? Listen to the lyrics,dude its Christian Music too!"

Simple the best!

Mike Mackey

4.0 out of 5 stars Just something I had to say..., June 3, 2005
A Kid's Review
So, this really doesn't have to do with the Hawk Nelson CD (although I do really like the song "Letters to the President"), but is more in response to another review. The reviewer says that Hawk Nelson cannot make up their minds about which side they are on, because they want to support public schools and they denounce gay marriage. Those issues have nothing to do with each other. First of all, not all Christians are for giving tons of money to private, religious schools (I'm not!). I'm all for supporting public schools because I believe everyone deserves a good education. Secondly, what happened to being able to make your own opinion? They shouldn't be ridiculed because they have the brain to choose their opinions and not follow party lines.

I recommend this CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cd., November 8, 2004
I am not a fan of christian music at all but this cd is great. I can listen to the whole cd and not skip a song. You can listen to the cd at their website, [...]

California - 9/10

Like a race car - 9/10

Late show - 9/10

36 Days - 9/10

Long & Lonely Road 8/10

5.0 out of 5 stars is it really possible to like every single song?!?, October 19, 2004
~*Danae*~ (st louis, missouri) - See all my reviews
This band ROCKS. Positive messages, meaningful lyrics, all sorts of styles, and a great vocalist. I love every single song, and cant wait to hear more from them! I would highly reccomend them to any fans of pop-punk-emo bands, and even if you dont usually like that style of music.. you might just change your mind!

5.0 out of 5 stars To: xTragedyxBrittanyx, March 7, 2005
xTragedyxBrittanyx,

You are wrong... This CD is not about acceptance of same-sex marraige or the rehabilitation of violent criminals...at all. If you actually LISTEN to the lyrics you'd see that it says:

Now that we're older a brand new story unfolds

About God and the laws that we've always been told

And there's a lot of things I wanted to say

But never got a change to find a way

Same-sex marriage in a state where they don't care

Murder is wrong but the jail time's not fair

Not to mention date rape, felony and car theft

Break it down and tell me what we've got left

Do they even know? Do they even know?

The last part is clearly a sarcastic tone. It's speaking of people who commit horible crimes and then think the consequence isn't fair...Please listen to the content before posting a comment.

Thanks

~R

5.0 out of 5 stars Hecka Funky Fresh, July 14, 2004
"bowmanj72" (Boston, MA USA) - See all my reviews
This CD is great. If you like bands like Relient K or old-school Blink, you'll love this release from Hawk Nelson. I had heard their single on the radio and was impressed, but I was worried that the CD overall wouldn't be that great. Well, it is great! Check out songs #1 and #3 for some optimistic, upbeat punk.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, August 26, 2004
I first heard Every Little Thing on an online Christian Radio and fell in love with it! It's just an awesome song! I have heard quite a few of their songs and desperatly hoep to get their cd soon!!! For any fan of Relient K or FM Static you'll love this cd! Letters To the President has simply AWESOME lyrics. GET THIS CD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Letters To The President