Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Letters To God
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Amazon Video|Change
Price:$2.99

The movie has a wonderful message and more than being sad it was uplifting.

While the movie does tug at your heart strings. Letters to God is a good movie. We want Tyler to get better. We want his family and friends to be strong. We want everyone who is touched by his story to find the Lord.

The acting is good. The storyline moves and you find yourself really caring about these people. I love the scenes of Tyler and his friend Samantha. Tyler and his brother. Brady the mailman who eventually is saved by Tyler's Letters to God are all very moving.

Not overly religious? Don't worry.
While it is obviously a religious movie, I don't believe messages are crammed down your throat as in some religious themed movies. The movie is a feel good movie with a beautiful message of friendship, strength, inspiration, prayer, second chances and dignified endings.
22 comments|82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 31, 2010
This is probably the best movie I've seen in a long, long time! I was thrilled to see a movie that totally smashed the modern non-religious mentality. Thank God that this story has been told! I hope and pray to see more like it.
22 comments|79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 16, 2010
This is an incredible movie. It lit a fire within me- I now want to know Jesus better. Unfortunately, it is in only a few theaters. I drove from Woodland Hills Ca, to Simi valley to see it and it was well worth the trip. When it comes out on Video I will buy it for my friends and family.
on May 19, 2010
I can't say enough about this movie. The deep faith in God and the simplicity of how he prays. I walked out of the movie with a fire inside that I have not felt for a long time. My friend and I promoted the movie to our school principle and also put it in the church bulletin as a must so for the whole family. Please go out of your way to see this film, you won't regret it.
on August 11, 2010
Dear God,

Would you please inspire film-makers to make more movies like the Letters to God that I just watched. The world you created for us has become a very cold place with hate, greed and violence everywhere. Hollywood adds to this by continuing to make movies and Reality Shows that depict the worst in our society. This movie gave me a renewed hope that there are still good people and values on our Planet Earth and hopefully with your help, Writers, Directors and Producers will create more films like this one.

Regardless of your religiousl persuasion, I think a person would have a heart of stone not to have been touched by the message of this movie. We all have or will have many difficult challenges and situations in our lives. As I watched the film, I felt comforted to know that I wasn't alone in the way I have felt at times as trials came into my life.

I hope people who see this will get in touch with you soon and share this with their family, friends and neighbors. One of the best movies that had a powerful message since I saw Pay it Forward, which has caught on in our Politically Correct Society. Thank you God for the people that made this movie.
11 comment|54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 16, 2010
May 16, 2010 - this movie was wonderful. I saw it today and although it wasn't in many theaters, I drove across town to see it and am glad I did. It took me back to a time in my life when I discussed everything with God and things were better. I want to get back to that place in life again. Look forward to the movie coming out on DVD and watching it again with family and friends.
on April 14, 2010
this is a movie that inspires everyone you will cry laugh and learn to pray and believe in god the boy playing the part is excellent and as my sister said as we were leaving the theater- he has a beautiful smile
22 comments|59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 16, 2010
This movie came out at the appropriate time and I was lucky enough to watch it at a time in my life when I was asking for a sign from above. God, thank you for hearing my prayers, for answering them through this movie, and for re-lightening in me the flame of not giving-up.It's definitely a movie that is worth seeing and will helped you find your path and purpose.
on August 30, 2010
I have terminal cancer and a few months to live. This movie touched me deeply, and my hopes and prayers are that I can touch people as much as Tyler.
on March 2, 2011
We hadn't seen this movie prior to getting this bluray, but had seen the other movies from the same folks that made it (Facing the Giants, Fireproof and Flywheel) and were not disappointed.

One of the most touching and compelling movies we've seen in a long time- but don't try watching without a box of tissues nearby!
These filmmakers are getting better and better... and while their content always rivaled/surpassed anything Hollywood put out, now their writing/editing/etc is getting their too.

Great movie - highly recommended!