5.0 out of 5 stars Review of Mo' Letters to young Black Men, June 18, 2008
This review is from: Mo' Letters to Young Black Men: More Advice & Encouragement for a Difficult Journey (Paperback)
I purchased this book because it was the sequel to Letters to young Black Men. My Husband & teenage son enjoyed the first one immensely and have since passed it on to my brother. Now, my husband is enjoying this second read as much if not more than the first. These books are excellently written as well as very informative. They empower young men to rise to action and become actively involved in their own lives. This starts with feeding them the adequate intellectual food needed for their journey. Daniel Whyte has done that again! This is a GREAT BUY! Looking forward to purchasing Letters to young Black Boys and other books in the series.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant masterpiece engulfed in humility and yearning for change!, January 5, 2014
I'm so thankful for men who want to make a difference in the lives of young African American men such as myself. I am currently 22 years old and will be graduating in May as a first generational college student and is super encouraged by this book. I grew up without a father figure and can attest to the many struggles and obstacles mentioned in this book. I am so thankful that there are many individuals who have not given up on young African American males because they realize the need for love, compassion, and hope to be illustrated and demonstrated to the the hearts of a population that is often ignored and seen as an inevitable situation.

I'd suggest this book to any young male who wants to make a difference in a world with the limited amount of time that they have. Although the title may suggest otherwise, this book isn't limited to young African American males. Plus, I suggest that interested readers read Letters to Young Black Men before reading this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great advice for Y.B.M., July 21, 2011
As I have stated in the title of my review, the information in this book is great for Y.B.M (Young Black Men). However, I do not agree with everything Mr. Whyte said in this book. I read the first book "Letters to Young Black Men" and enjoyed the content and passed it on to other young men. I plan on doing the same with this book but doing so along with a disclaimer. I will encourage those who I select to give a copy to, to read with an open mind and take the information and advice at face value and then put some "Tonio" in it. That said, if you have a Y.B.M or mentor, pastor, teach, or work with Y.B.M I encourage you to purchase multiple copies (they are cheap) and give them to each Y.B.M. and help them understand and apply the advice in the book. The advice in this book as helped me be more in touch with our lord and become a better friend and potential mate for a Y.B.W. and I hope the book(s) do the same for you and your Y.B.M.

Happy Reading