Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 31, 2010
I'm really glad I decided to buy this. It's a really helpful tool for anyone who needs a daily reminder of their goals and motivation to stay on track. This has helped me make better choices throughout my day because every reading hits home and gives me something to reflect on. I would buy it again and also reccomend Food for Thought: Daily Meditations For Overeaters as a book for daily reading. It is smaller and more travel friendly; great for trips since it is so easy to overeat when you're out of town!
on June 6, 2015
This daily reader is ok. I use it somewhat regularly. It focuses highly on dieting and more on the anorexic and weight obsession side of things. I'd choose the traditional OA daily reader over this one if I had to choose.
on June 17, 2013
I've never attended a 12 step meeting so I didn't realize how religiously focused their premise was. The daily words are good but just not overwhelming in my opinion. I was looking for something more motivational. Maybe this just isn't my kind of motivation. May be great for others though.
on May 6, 2013
Although this is not conference approved OA literature, it is every bit as good, and in some cases better. I read it every day to keep on track in my 12 step OA program.
on August 2, 2014
For anyone who understands a 12 Step Recovery plan, this book is a good addition to other books on compulsive eating. It is not too instructive as a stand alone book, though. It is daily meditations for each day of the year.
on February 4, 2012
Although not "conference" approved which means not published or endorsed by Overeaters Anonymous, I find this book helpful. This freebie is similar to the "For Today", which is published and endorsed by OA. Daily readings are written by compulsive overeaters/bulimics/anorexic/people addicted to diet pills/any person who places food before life sometimes (or most of the times). I find it helpful, even though I'm anorexic. (And OA has only a few Kindle edition books.)
on February 19, 2013
I like the quotes, although the connections between them and the accompanying suggestions seem a little hard to figure out. The format/today is an odd setup for the kindle with weird spacing.
on February 1, 2013
purchased by mistake read it anyway. Not what I needed but someone else might find it helpful. I suggest getting a sample if you have a kindle and make your own decision.
on March 28, 2016
This isn't really 12-step material.
on January 5, 2015