5.0 out of 5 stars Leupold Quick Release Harness
I've never used the straps that come with binoculars, as they are only designed to prevent you from dropping your binoculars.
Other than that, they constantly get in the way when you bend down, turn, or move, as the binoculars swing wildly about, banging against your body and solid obstacles that get in the way.
They're only useful if you're standing still, and...
Published on November 1, 2009 by K. Ochiai

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice rig but straps too thin
Straps are too thin for anything but lightweight binoculars. Otherwise it's a nice design of high quality. I'll use it for lightweight loads.
Published 16 months ago by Murray Brockman

5.0 out of 5 stars Leupold Quick Release Harness, November 1, 2009
This review is from: Leupold Quick Release Binocular Harness 55895 (Sports)
They're only useful if you're standing still, and never move.
For this reason, I've done without the straps, and just carried the binoculars with me.
However, on a hiking trip, I soon discovered that holding the binoculars in one hand or using the standard strap just didn't cut it when climbing over obstacles, walking over slippery or uneven terrain, and many other situations that required having both hands free.
The Leupold quick release harness goes on in seconds, and takes just a few more seconds to snap the binoculars in place.
With the harness on, both hands are free, and the binoculars stay firmly in place when climbing, bending over, squatting down, and even crawling on all fours!
Simple and ingenious design allows instant access to your binoculars with no binding or restriction of movement in total silence.
If you need to remove the binoculars, it takes seconds to release the two quick release catches.
I looked at other harnesses, but most of them used cheap metal rings that the quick release clips attached to, and were difficult to fit on to the binoculars without scratching or damaging the finish of the binoculars, not to mention the noise they would make when moving or walking.
Others were semi-permanently attached to the binoculars.
The Leupold harness uses a shoelace loop type of attachment to the binocular's existing strap mounts.
This makes for a silent setup when you're in "surveillance" mode.
And none of them had the classy Leupold logo on the leather "X" connector, letting others know you have a serious pair of binoculars with you.
Amazon's price for the Leupold harness is only a few dollars more than the other harnesses I looked at, but I'm glad I went with the Leupold, due to the design flaws that would get old very quickly when using the other harnesses.
And my Leupold Cascades deserved a quality harness to complement their performance.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits a wide variety of body shapes, April 21, 2011
P. Falcioni "Ducatisti" (Central Oregon, United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Leupold Quick Release Binocular Harness 55895 (Sports)
I purchased this harness for my 80 year old mother to use while bird watching.

I was a little nervous that due to some minor mobility issues she would not be able to get in and out of it, but after a few tries she's got it down pat.

Mom is a smaller lady, I am larger, and my husband is tall and thin. Each of us tried the harness and found it comfortable and easy to use.

Even with a coat on, the harness slips easily over your shoulders and then clips in place. Because there are clips on each side, it's easy for left or right-handers to operate. The binoculars stay close to your body while you're walking and don't bounce around.

Nice quality, easy to use, fits most body shapes, comfortable, what's not to like?

5.0 out of 5 stars best way to have your binocs in a ready position, October 26, 2010
This review is from: Leupold Quick Release Binocular Harness 55895 (Sports)
Used this on mulitple hikes and on a 10 day hunt along the continental divide in Colorado. No comparison to neck strap, and way better than bino-buddy type setups. Hardly know it is there. Even crawling is no problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality. Just wish that the clips were available separately, January 5, 2011
This review is from: Leupold Quick Release Binocular Harness 55895 (Sports)
Great quality. Great fit. Comfortable. I just wish I could get extra clips so that I wouldn't have to buy a separate harness for each pair of binoculars and camera that I own.

5.0 out of 5 stars binocular harness, May 3, 2009
This review is from: Leupold Quick Release Binocular Harness 55895 (Sports)
This is an excellant product. I find that it is very comfortable and easy to use. It is far better than the straps that come with most binoculars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Binocular Harness 55895, September 21, 2011
This review is from: Leupold Quick Release Binocular Harness 55895 (Sports)
This harness wears very comfortably. I bought one for my wife too for a trip we recently went on. She was very happy with hers as well. My binoculars are a little on the heavy side but I did not feel then.

5.0 out of 5 stars Binocular harness, September 20, 2011
This review is from: Leupold Quick Release Binocular Harness 55895 (Sports)
This Leupold quick release binocular harness is quite the needed item for hunters. It is comfortable and made with thought for efficiency and comfort. They hold the binoculars close to the body while not in use. I don't know what I did before. Amazon shipped quickly and honors all purchases. Charlie

5.0 out of 5 stars just what I wanted, November 7, 2012
BobZoom (near Chicago) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Leupold Quick Release Binocular Harness 55895 (Sports)
I use this wonderful harness to carry my Nikon Monarch 5 binoculars. It took but a couple of minutes to attach the loops to the Monarchs and slip on the harness, then clip the binoculars to the harness clips. The binoculars stay close to my chest and can be pulled up in an instant for viewing. The eyecup cover slips onto the right loop clip, keeping it handy.

I'm usually carring a DSLR with a heavy telephoto lens, and often a backpack and tripod. This harness keeps the binoculars safe from being banged around and yet ready to go when I need them. I can hold the telephoto bracket with either hand and lift the binoculars with the other. Perfect! So much freedom and comfort...I love it.

I looked at other harnesses and this one had the best reviews. Now that I own it I understand why. This is a top quality, well-designed product. Sometimes you do get what you paid for.

That having been said on MY behalf, I feel obliged to mention this harness was a bit cumbersome for my wife. She is 5-8 and 125 lbs with a slim build, but it's a bit awkward for her because the straps don't fit comfortably around her breasts. I know, I know...nothing to complain about. Still, any woman built the same way will probably feel the same awkwardness with it. She's gone back to carrying her Prostaffs using a wide camera strap slung over her shoulder. She carries her DSLR and telephoto over the other shoulder. She does envy how nicely this harness works for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good design, February 22, 2012
William L. Murphy (Natchez, MS United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Leupold Quick Release Binocular Harness 55895 (Sports)
The Leupold quick-release harness does the job. Detach the male connectors from the harness and attach them to the binoculars. Slip on the harness like a vest, snap the connectors together, and go watch the birds. Binoculars stay close to your chest and easily accessible. Not a good deal at $32, but you pay for Leupold's name.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worthwhile, October 20, 2010
This review is from: Leupold Quick Release Binocular Harness 55895 (Sports)
Bought this for a gift for my husband along with Leupold Binoculars. He loves them both. He is an avid hunter and finds this a much more comfortable way to wear the binocs for the day. Easy, quick release.

Leupold Quick Release Binocular Harness 55895