on July 24, 2014
Verified Purchase
The video on this monitor is very clear. Unfortunately, the speaker was too quiet for me and we returned it. I ordered a Samsung SEW-3037W monitor instead which has an inferior video display but much louder speaker. For me I was willing to settle for a slightly worse video display to be able to hear our baby well.
VINE VOICEon August 27, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This isn't the first video baby monitor I've tried. In fact it's the third. The first was a Summer, second was a Advent, and this was the third. And while it's definitely not perfect, it's the best one I've tried.

First, don't expect the picture quality to be what they show in this sample. I'm convinced that they all use the same grade camera and the picture quality isn't that great. It's not the monitor itself that is lacking in clarity or color, because the graphics on it are fine, so it has to be the quality of the picture taken by the camera.

What I love about this model is that the camera and remotely be titled, zoom, pan...I can see inside the crib from where I have it positioned, or if you have older children you can move the camera so that you can see what else is going on in the room. For me, this video monitor system has a much longer life span in that you can use it in a play room, or a baby's room.

It securely attaches to the wall, but my box did not come with the hardware to mount it. My boxed item also didn't come with an instruction manual or any warranty info. I don't know if I received a used item, it the manufacturer doesn't include this, or if it was accidentally missed when packed at the factory. I was able to download the manual from the manufacturer online at no cost.

The monitor is fairly large and cumbersome so it sits best on a table surface. This is not something that you can take on the go with you and attach it on your person. It doesn't have a clip, but does have a stand.

When setting up the wireless camera connected to the monitor without having to do anything but turn it on. This was great!
I get fairly good reception all of the time.

What I like about it:
* I absolutely love that I can move the camera remotely and that it makes virtually no sound. I can zoom in, zoom out.
*I like that it came with an SD card that you can use to take pictures with. I'm not really sure why I would, but I do like that there is this option if I need it.
* I like that it also has a speaker, where you can press the microphone icon on the monitor and the baby can hear you in whatever room the camera is in.
* Another nice thing is that this set is expandable for several cameras. So it's possible for you to have a camera in each child's room but only one monitor. I haven't tried to do this yet, but it is a great option.
* I like that it came with an AC adaptor for both the camera and the monitor so it's not solely dependent on battery power.

Things that I don't like:

* I don't like that they show you this bright and clear picture in the advertisement, when the clarity and the color of the actual product doesn't even come close. The picture you do get is relatively clear, and has a little bit of color to it, but it's closer to b/w than color IMO. I haven't been able to figure out if this is adjustable or not, just the brightness of the picture.

*I also don't like that the sound isn't very loud, even when turned up to the loudest setting. I'm not hard of hearing, but the sound is relatively soft when compared to other monitors. It's not something that you can have on in another room, walk away and probably be able to hear. I know this is a video baby monitor, but you don't want to have to sit and watch the thing 100% of the time. You rely on sight and sound, and the sound could be improved tremendously on this product.

* I don't like that I didn't have any mounting hardware, or an instruction manual in my box.

* The lullabies it has that you can play for your baby are a joke. Don't use them, don't even consider them while considering this product. They are awful and not soothing at all.

* Many electronic products these days are touch screen enabled. This monitor is not. You have to use the home button and the arrows to navigate not only the movement of the camera, but also any settings on the monitor itself. It's a bit annoying, but it wouldn't stop me from buying it.

* Since I didn't have the instruction manual at the beginning I couldn't figure out why the navigation dial kept changing colors. It changes to blue, red, yellow, orange or green depending on the sounds your baby is making. Like you need color coding to tell what those sounds mean? Please! They would have been better of spending that money to make either the camera or the monitor give you the picture that you see on their ads. Anyone who takes care of a baby regularly will be able to tell the difference between cooing and crying without having it color coded for them.

In the end, this is the only baby monitor that I have kept. And while it's not perfect it's the best one I've tried. True, it's not a ringing endorsement, and for the price I would have expected it to be a bit better than it ended up being, but I would get it again.
on February 15, 2015
Worse in every way than other monitor systems. The engineers at Levana should all be fired.

Pros:
* When new, the camera movement was silent. You couldn't tell they were moving even from 5 feet away.

Cons:
* No screen/audio auto-on/off. The sound is ALWAYS on so if you have a noise machine in the child's room, you constantly hear it in the monitor. Also, when you turn the screen off, it is off and when you turn it on, it is on. So if you leave the screen on, the monitor will run out of battery in about 2 hours. If you turn it off you have to jack up the volume to make sure you notice your child is awake and making noise.
* You can only hear the active camera even in joint view mode. So even if you're viewing multiple cameras at once, you can only hear one of them so you cannot turn the monitor screen off or you will not know if your other children are crying because you will not hear them!
* Video quality is ONLY good in daylight. The night view is so poor, the resolution looks to be 1/4 of the size of the screen and only 15 or so shades of grey.
* Video will flash between night view and day view when it is not quite dark enough in the room. You will see the monitor literally flash over and over again as the camera attempts to switch between day and night view and adjust itself. There is nothing you can do to stop this behavior.
* The stand on the back is small and to the side. It does not stay upright on a couch or pretty much anything small.
* The volume/signal/battery/camera number indicators on the screen are grey. You cannot see them almost at all unless you bring the screen to your face.
* Audio quality is very very poor. For such a giant screen, you'd think that it would have at least a better speaker than my phone. Not even close.
* Touch based buttons are unresponsive. The buttons aren't buttons, they are touch controls. You just touch it and it is supposed to respond which is stupid because then you are pressing the microphone button by accident all the time just picking up the unit, and also they are unreliable so trying to set the mode to move the camera requires up to 20 presses at times.
* The interface is not intuitive at all. Example: It took us quite a long time to realize that you could actually switch which camera's audio is currently playing (as it only does one camera at a time)
* Unreliable hardware: We've had the dual camera system for about 8 months and the motor mechanisms on the cameras are already making loud noises like it is trying way too hard to move the camera. When we first got them, they were extremely quiet, now they make the wall (wall mounted) shake so you can actually hear them operate on the other side of the wall.
* The noise indicator on most monitor systems is a light bar that fills as the sound is louder or a series of LEDs that does the same. The Levana has a blue light that changes to random colors depending on the intensity of the sound. The sound indicator light is also very dim and gets dimmer with the different colors as the sound goes louder. Just really ridiculous engineering decisions.

Especially considering the price, this is one of the worst purchases I've made in the last 10 years. If something is over $20, I will not but it without knowing its reviews. Therefore, I based the purchase of the Levana on the initial reviews which were all positive. My guess is that the initial reviewers had either never used a different baby monitor before ever in their lives and thought they were all junk, or were paid by Levana to post good reviews. With the total lack of basic capabilities this monitor supports and the poor video and audio quality coupled with high price, I just cannot understand any of the positive reviews for this product.
on November 6, 2014
Verified Purchase
I found that the 'stand' for the monitor is not great at keeping it upright. It would be so much better if it was larger (across the back of the device instead of a small strip) and if it were adjustable so you can control the angle. Also I don't feel the volume is high enough. We sleep with an air filter in our bedroom and it's really difficult to hear the baby through the monitor - the change in color of the lights around the control button is helpful in determining if the baby is making noise, but that alone isn't enough to wake me. I have to keep our door and the baby's door open and listen for him, using the monitor then to 'see' what's wrong.
Also the battery power is really not long enough. You have to keep this plugged in over night (which is challenging if you are trying to share duties with a sleepy Daddy! and want to move the monitor from one side of the bed to the other), as well as for at least some of the day time naps when I try to be more mobile around the house (which makes that very cumbersome!)
on October 9, 2014
Verified Purchase
I loved the features and capabilities of this monitor, which is why I really tried hard to make it work. Right out of the box the screen on the first unit failed to function. It appeared to be some kind of backlighting issue because in bright direct light you could tell that the screen was trying to display icons. So, after discussing with Levana customer service (who were very friendly), I sent the unit back to Amazon and promptly received a replacement. This unit worked very well for about 60 days. At the 60 day mark we started to notice that the audio would drop off for no reason, and the only solution was to remove the battery and restart the unit. Then the buttons started to fail. First it was difficult, if not impossible, to turn off the screen, and then all of the buttons stopped working completely. If they can figure out the quality issues with this unit then it would be fantastic, but I’m moving on to something else.
on June 10, 2014
Verified Purchase
Oh, the camera quality was definitely better quality than what we have right now. The detail was AMAZING! I could almost see every hair on her head, even in night vision mode. Albeit the picture, as good as it was was distorted, like it made everything in the picture fat, like it was stretching the image. Here's why I returned it- We have a complete wireless set up for almost everything and have multiple wireless devices working at one time, not to mention microwaves and streaming devices. All this was apparently an overload for this monitor because it had this weird flickering thing it did on the monitor which constantly had me worried we were going to lose the connection. The worst part was that the sound kept cutting in and out like every 5 seconds. It just felt like we were never going to be able to keep a secure solid connection, so despite the awesome video quality we returned it to stick with the monitor we have now, Samsung, which we have had now for almost a year and a half with no connection issues or sound disturbances.
on November 14, 2014
Verified Purchase
I absolutely LOVE this camera. It can record or take pictures! (only brand in the market that does), pan/tilt/zoom (zoom is just a digital zoom, so I find it pointless since it's bad quality when you zoom, but still it can if you want it to), and the system the handheld part is, is easy and great!

Previously I owned a Philips Avent Digital Monitor which I loved. The only thing I didn't love is that it didn't have remote pan/tilt and couldn't expand to have more cameras. Since I'm having another baby very soon we wanted to get a second monitor so that we could still check up on our wild two year old while monitoring our newborn. I am SO glad I switched monitors for two reasons: 1. With this monitor AND an additional camera using my registry discount I paid hardly anymore than I did for the Philips one camera monitor. 2. I didn't know but the Philips monitor was interfering with my internet! I kept blaming Cox and hating them, little did I know it was my baby monitor! (Unfortunately didn't find this out until TWO years later. But hey, better late than never).

I originally ordered the Levana Keera. DO NOT ORDER THAT MONITOR!!!! Pay the extra money for the update model!!!! The Keera model has TERRIBLEEEEEEE white noise. Even if my daughters room was completely quite it ALWAYS sounded like a fan was RIGHT next to the camera! When there was NOTHING going on in the room!!!!!! SOOO irritating!!!! Also, the night vision is a little better which the Ovia model. So seriously, DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY! Because I had them replace my Keera one and STILL same problem. The white noise is so distracting I couldn't even have the volume up if my house was quiet or even a little quiet because the white noise was SO distracting and annoying.

So basically, ONLY buy the Levana Ovia monitor!!! It's AMAZING!!!!!!
on November 21, 2014
Verified Purchase
I wish the picture was a little more clear. I'm a paranoid mom and want to be able to see easily if my child is still breathing, but the picture on this is too fuzzy most of the time to be able to tell. So I inevitably have to go in his room to make sure... which defeats the purpose of having this monitor.

I will say that the sound is pretty good on it. Not as good as my non-video monitor, but then again, I don't want to be awakened with every little peep. The battery life is ok. Not great but not bad.

My biggest complaint is that in one particular spot in my living room, I don't get very good reception between the monitor and the camera, so it often cuts in and out and flashed a "no signal" screen. My house is not that big, so I'm not really sure why this is happening. It doesn't happen in any other place in my house.

Overall, it does the job. I could not live without a video monitor, but there are probably better options out there, but you will have to spend more money.
on April 6, 2015
Verified Purchase
Have been using this monitor for over a month now. There are multiple issues with this monitor that are important. First, after being fully charged the battery does not keep through the night (typically 6-8hours for us). Second, I can not go further than 200 Feet without the monitor starting to "skip" or pause so the signal is bad even with the antenna up. Third and the last issue so far is that the sound now just stops working randomly. The monitor has to be shut down and restarted for it to go back on. Hearing my baby is obviously the most important part of this thing and now that is a failure. Also just so anyone knows the picture on the listing here is NOWHERE NEAR the quality of the actually device. Its visible and works but thats just not what you are getting.
on October 13, 2014
I have had this monitor for a few months now and I am satisfied. The video quality is not the best but it is reassuring to see the baby and make sure he is ok. The night battery saving function is very convenient so the bright screen does not wake me up, I have to keep the monitor plugged in throughout the night otherwise the battery does not last all night, even with the saving mode on.
The signal: I live in a small home and I loose my signal when I step outside or to the garage. The signal works well as long as you remain only a few yards away.
The tilting function: It is very convenient to be able to look around the bedroom and make sure baby is ok.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations