Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now May4th

on March 3, 2012
I wore Levis back when they were an American made quality product. When they offshored, I jettisoned my biz and am currently buying Unionline. Well, I was curious after these many years what had become of Levis - this once iconic American brand. I ordered a pair of 501s only to find what I had anticipated: build quality was crap (the stitching looks like third graders did it with a knitting needle (actually, that's probably not far from the truth)), material was thin and reminded me of the cheapos that typically end up on clearance racks), the fit after one wash was absurd. One leg tighter and shorter than the other? Seriously?

Levis - I left you years ago - and for good reason; your product is absolute, unmitigated crap.
22 comments|48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 11, 2009
If I had wanted blue burlap sack, I would have looked for it. Levi now thinks they can flog off any material on their customer. The last time I ordered these levis I got something in stripes that looked like I was escaped from prison. Now it is burlap! I will never order anything from Levi again until they come back to the original levi material. What complete junk. This product sucks.
0Comment|96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 22, 2011
I have been wearing brown 501 jeans for 20 years, and in the last few years the product changed completely. The fabric is thin. This fit is off (way too baggy), and they wear out much faster. Same is true for the olive green 501's. The old stiff shrink to fit indigo 501's seem to still be okay, but these colored ones are like a different brand. I wish Levi's would understand that there are some people willing to pay more to get a quality product. Do not buy this garbage.
on December 26, 2014
Usual great Levi quality! Great price.
review image
on October 5, 2007
I bought two pair of Levi's from Electrikid and don't feel really happy about it, the jeans were both the same size but one did not fit. The quality of the two was very different, you could notice just looking at the cloth itself.

I took a pretty close look at them and noticed that one was assembled in Egypt and the other one in Haiti. It does not really matter where they were built, but standarization was not present at all.

I REALLY DON'T FEEL COMFORTABLE ABOUT THIS PURCHASE.
33 comments|51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 7, 2012
As with most of the world, I looked at Levi's as synonomous with "blue jeans" or "jeans". For me, they were always blue, always "rigid" and always "right". I did not have to worry whether the material on the 501 was heavy duty, it always was. I didn't have to know that a 501 is "classic fit" (which I purchase) verus "straight" (which falls off my swelling belly. Now, however, I need to figure out what jeans fit, what color "snap pop" or "clean fume" is. Does the Levi Strauss company have a marketing/market research department? If so, I suggest firing them, hiring back your old advertising agency, make your jeans (yes, re-install the meaning behind the word "jeans")the same, dependable way they were classically made. Remember the lessons learned with "new Coke", messing with an icon isn't wise.

Otherwise, split off a Levi Strauss Classic and just make 501 jeans in the US by traditional, classic standards.

PCN
on November 3, 2011
I've been wearing 501s since I was a kid - about 35 years. They used to take ages to make a pair look worn-out (which I thought was cool back then), and that was while I was climbing trees, skateboarding, what-have-you. Times have changed. Now I have a desk job, and they wear out in less than a year. The denim of two pairs has worn thin around the pockets and thighs, while the pocket liners have remained in tact. That seems to say something about the relative quality of the materials. I thought denim was supposed to be tough? And unlike some of the people commenting about the risks of buying mail order, I'm talking about jeans I bought from a shop. Like other reviewers though, I'm now faced with the daunting prospect of finding something that lives up to Levi's previously excellent legacy.
33 comments|54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 3, 2011
hence the reduced quality of the merchandise. I had to suffer through one set of Levi's because I assumed they were the heavyweight indigo I was used to, but was unpleasantly surprised to find permanent wrinkles across the groin area that were a 'style' I was not expecting nor had any reason to unless I held a magnifying glass to the pictures. Hindsight and all that I finally got indigo but as I said they weren't nearly as sturdy as previous American-made Levis and really fell short of Lee jeans and their fine quality. If only Lee made button jeans...Levi's Men's 501 Jean
on November 8, 2011
I have relied on Levi's 501s for day-to-day wear for fifteen years now, and I am SO disappointed in the changes the company has made in the last year or two. I use 501s in the black denim, and black denim Levi's shirts. Levi's has switched out to cheaper, lighter-weight fabric in both jeans and shirts. The new fabric is stiff, doesn't have the nice "drape" of the real Levi's product we knew, holds wrinkles out of the washer, and does not age into that nice softness I remember. What in the world is Levi's thinking ? Instead of a quality product, we get pouffy names ("clean rigid" ?) for an endless selection of dye types. How can we make Levi's get back to producing a quality product ?
on October 2, 2015
These Levis 501 jeans have to be fake. They have about less than 1/4 of an inch of hem on the leg cuffs. No real Levis would ever have such a small hem.

Plus, I bought these in February of 2015, it is October of 2015 and there is a huge hole in the crotch already. I have worn real Levis for more than a year before without any holes developing in them. I DO have some with holes that have been worn out with a year or 2 of use, but these wore out way too soon.

I will not buy Levis 501 jeans from Amazon again.
review image review image